Nintendo Reps at Eurogamer Expo claiming 'Wii U 19x more powerful than PS3"

#111PendragoonPosted 10/9/2012 12:59:21 PM
Koei saying the Wii U has a slower processor means nothing. Their early 360 and PS3 games like this looked like sub HD PS2 titles.

It can be further translated to "The PS3 code is a mess and we are having trouble porting it to this new console and want to shift the blame so we don't look lazy.

The only other dev having issues (also porting a PS3 game) already figured out how to work around the lower clock speed without too much issue. (Tekken Tag)

Devs porting 360 code are having zero issues with their ports so far.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advise in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#112GigaVoltsPosted 10/9/2012 1:06:05 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Koei saying the Wii U has a slower processor means nothing. Their early 360 and PS3 games like this looked like sub HD PS2 titles.

It can be further translated to "The PS3 code is a mess and we are having trouble porting it to this new console and want to shift the blame so we don't look lazy.

The only other dev having issues (also porting a PS3 game) already figured out how to work around the lower clock speed without too much issue. (Tekken Tag)

Devs porting 360 code are having zero issues with their ports so far.

It has been stated that PS3 is the hardest to make games for and the most complicated. Not saying PS3 is bad(My fav console for racing, fighting and third person shooters), just saying that it might be a problem because of the coding is harder to transfer.
---
The Official GigaVolts Seal of Approval
http://i.imgur.com/WgB8X.png
#113DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/9/2012 3:07:35 PM
For those not getting where the 19x comes from, it's actually probably a rough estimate of the number of shader calculations the system can run. PS3 runs 24x550mhz, so presumably, Wii U will be running 480x500mhz or so.
---
Also, lolz@SATA drives. You see, they make these things called "heat," which kills consoles.
-darkjedilink
#114ColorfulColorsPosted 10/9/2012 3:14:53 PM
omniryu posted...
I stop reading at "Nintendo rep" when I decide to call bull.

U MAD BRO?
---
GreenKnight~The Guy Who Won't Let Bayonetta 2 Go