Nintendo Reps at Eurogamer Expo claiming 'Wii U 19x more powerful than PS3"

#31DerekRossPosted 10/8/2012 1:57:17 PM
Isn't the 720 only 6X stronger than the 360? If this is true then damn!
#32ElectricMolePosted 10/8/2012 2:12:24 PM
A kiosk attendant said it. Like those girls with the big knockers who had a 3ds tethered to their body at E3? lol
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#33darkjedilinkPosted 10/8/2012 2:23:40 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
I'll only believe CoD's resolution and the Wii U's power if an actual engineer comments about them

Or until we know the tech

"I'll only believe it if Activision says so."

*Activision says so.

"I'll only believe it if someone else says so."
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#34Arcanine2009Posted 10/8/2012 2:24:39 PM
I think BO2 is more likely to run on 720p native resolution at most, on the Wii U. Definitely not 1080p native, but I do think the resolution will be higher than PS3/360, or at least more capable..
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#35darkjedilinkPosted 10/8/2012 2:25:20 PM
goldenix posted...
So we doubt the Nintendo reps claims (obviously) but we can't doubt the writer's claims ? Saying "they told me it was 19 times more powerful" is not considered a reliable source.

Read my post - I did, in fact, doubt the claim that a rep said such.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#36Final Fantasy2389Posted 10/8/2012 2:31:33 PM
I think BO2 is more likely to run on 720p native resolution at most, on the Wii U. Definitely not 1080p native, but I do think the resolution will be higher than PS3/360, or at least more capable..

So, you're contradicting the developers? lol okay. You obviously know more than them about their own game.

As for the main topic, the reps they hire at these expos know next to nothing about the products they're basically watching over. They're given a certain amount of information about the software they're running and maybe how to do some things on the device.

I'd trust their info about as well as I trust the trolls on this site.
---
WWE Diva and SES season 1 winner. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/MMcHX9 | http://bit.ly/KXA8Rg | http://bit.ly/RQBee0
#37Enigma149Posted 10/8/2012 2:33:26 PM(edited)
Look, I love the Wii U. I've got it pre-ordered (32 GB model), along with NSMBU. So don't call me a troll (actually, you'd probably offend the trolls, but still...). That being said, I have just one thing to say.

Can anyone link me to where Activision, or anyone working for Activision, said BLOPSII would be rendered in 1080p native?
---
PSN:CrimsonEnigma; 3DS:4897-5935-1924
I don't spend much time online, so don't be offended or surprised if I don't respond to a friend request or something.
#38xSoldier24xPosted 10/8/2012 2:33:51 PM
kinglink13 posted...
Announced at the last minute and many peoples highlight of the Eurogamer Expo. Nintendo’s new system took its European bow in style in a nicely designed and laid out area featuring a variety of great games. Without question it drew a massive crowd over the entire weekend. Queues to play ZombiU were possibly the longest in the Expo as people waited in line, for hours at a time to get to grips with what most people perceive to be the WiiU’s first killer app.

The actual console is significantly longer than I had anticipated, hinting at the level of power under the hood. Most people in attendance were surprised by this, having probably imagined the device to be about the same size as the original Wii console. Nintendo representatives on the day informed me that it was “19 times more powerful than PS3”. Having spent a decent amount of time with the launch software I doubt these claims, as the games on show at the expo appeared directly comparable to Xbox360 and PS3 titles and certainly no better. Having said that, the games are launch titles and the software can only improve in scope, gameplay and visual flair as developers get to grips with the hardware.

It would be impossible to go any further without discussing the huge innovation that is the WiiU Gamepad. Big? Most certainly, in fact it seems bigger in the flesh than initial press pictures suggested. Unwieldy? Perhaps, although the short bursts of playtime allocated to visitors of the expo really didn’t offer enough time to formulate a valid opinion. Having said that the WiiU Gamepad starts to feel a little more comfortable in the hands after only a few minutes of play. Contours to the rear of the unit fit relatively snugly although not perfectly. The controller features dual analogue sticks, a traditional d-pad, four main face buttons, four shoulder triggers, a pair of stereo speakers, a touch screen interface, gyroscope, camera, microphone, accelerometer, and also supports near field communication allowing it to interact with physical products such as game cards or figurines. Even the most critical observer would have to admit that Nintendo have covered all the bases with this one.

Whilst screen resolution is clearly inferior to other tablet devices like iPad it still delivers a satisfyingly sharp image and looks surprisingly hi-tech for a Nintendo product. Its use as a secondary screen for both single and multiplayer games is truly innovative and was shown off to great effect on the day.

On top of this the WiiU Gamepad can also be used as a portable screen to play entire games, as a substitute to the full size television. This is brilliant news for those of us who share a screen between movie nights, games and television shows. If someone in the house wants to watch television you can simply switch the main game screen to the Gamepad and carry on playing, wirelessly, around your home. This function will of course not work with titles that resolutely depend on having a secondary screen for gameplay requirements.

It seems that the WiiU is attempting to re invent multiplayer group gaming in much the same way that Wii Sports managed. Games involving five players, four of which are using Wiimotes and one using the gamepad and the benefit of their own screen are the staple of Nintendoland. This allows for interesting asymmetric competition in multiplayer titles such as Luigi’s Ghost Mansion.

http://totalrevue.com/nintendo-wiiu-preview/

I don't know how to comment on this.

So there basing there brand new system on my beloved ps3 and its hardware from 2006? Really nintendo? Plus this doesn't really matter to much tbh because in a year or so Sony's gonna probably announce the PS4 and MS is gonna announce the 720 so theres really no point. By then GFX wise the Wii U will be outdated and the MS an Sony consoles will be more advanced.
---
Time to hit up some of that grade a og kush and play some PLAYSTATION.
#39picanoPosted 10/8/2012 2:36:40 PM
Obviously the rep was misheard. It was supposed to say Ninten times as powerful.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#40godplaysSNESPosted 10/8/2012 2:37:17 PM
darkjedilink posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
I'll only believe CoD's resolution and the Wii U's power if an actual engineer comments about them

Or until we know the tech

"I'll only believe it if Activision says so."

*Activision says so.

"I'll only believe it if someone else says so."

As I said, give me a link to an an engineer stating it

Most PR guys probably don't know anything about coding
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!