Nintendo Reps at Eurogamer Expo claiming 'Wii U 19x more powerful than PS3"

#61darkjedilinkPosted 10/8/2012 4:20:36 PM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
40Dribylf posted...
The 360 and PS3 can upscale to 1080p, yet Activision doesn't brag about that in any of the press events that BLOPs II on 360 and PS3 are "Full HD"

It's native 1080p on Wii U until we see otherwise.

Other way around. Not saying it's not possible, but from what we know so far, 1080p60 is farfetched. Best to assume no 1080p until the pixel counters get their hands on it.

Remember PS360 CoD was always claimed to be HD when they in fact all run at sub-HD native resolutions.

Link to one claim that the PS3 or 360 versions were "full HD." Until then, you're just pulling crap out to make a point.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#62Gatchan2Posted 10/8/2012 4:25:52 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Gatchan2 posted...
BS. The processing is already confirmed to be slower than PS3 & 360. That's why PS3/360 versions of Warriors Orochi 3 have more enemies on the screen than Wii U version which just has sharper resolution

That was an issue with the dev and porting PS3 code to the Wii U. Other devs have made subtle jokes about their lack of coding skill. 360 code ports very easily to the Wii U thanks to the very similar architecture.

The 19x claim is BS, but the Wii U processor has not been confirmed to be weaker than either current system.

The dev didn't say "I was having issues trying to figure out how to port the game", he flat out stated the processor was weaker.
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#63Virus66Posted 10/8/2012 4:32:01 PM
Gatchan2 posted...
The dev didn't say "I was having issues trying to figure out how to port the game", he flat out stated the processor was weaker.

Well, to be honest, it would boil down to 'our fault' or 'their fault'. Most people choose 'their fault' as it makes them look better, regardless of the truth
---
PSN: JVir
3DS: 2363-5623-8355
#64PendragoonPosted 10/8/2012 4:33:45 PM
The only devs to make that claim so far have been porting PS3 code, every dev porting 360 games are quite happy with the system specs of the Wii U.

We all know how hard of a time devs had getting used to that mess of a processor. Porting from that to a new design is no cakewalk. Then you have the other devs making fun of Koei for having problems...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advise in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#6540DribylfPosted 10/8/2012 4:40:53 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...

That it's weaker than the Cell processor? That's not exactly a bad thing.

Cell was an overpowered mess that's difficult to take advantage of. When you finally figure it out, it's a damn powerhouse.

Sony poured hundreds of millions into its development.

Just because the Wii U CPU is weaker than the Cell processor doesn't mean it's an insult.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#66darkjedilinkPosted 10/8/2012 4:43:42 PM
Gatchan2 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Gatchan2 posted...
BS. The processing is already confirmed to be slower than PS3 & 360. That's why PS3/360 versions of Warriors Orochi 3 have more enemies on the screen than Wii U version which just has sharper resolution

That was an issue with the dev and porting PS3 code to the Wii U. Other devs have made subtle jokes about their lack of coding skill. 360 code ports very easily to the Wii U thanks to the very similar architecture.

The 19x claim is BS, but the Wii U processor has not been confirmed to be weaker than either current system.

No, he said it was "slower."

You do know that clock speed is nowhere near the be-all, end-all of a processor's power, right? That's why an i5 clocked at 3.4 Ghz. is much more powerful at most everything than an FX-8150 at 4.5 Ghz, even with half the cores.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#67Golden MavenPosted 10/8/2012 5:02:47 PM
darkjedilink posted...
CoD is running at 1080p

Source? Are you talking about native, or upscaled?
#68PendragoonPosted 10/8/2012 5:09:36 PM
Golden Maven posted...
darkjedilink posted...
CoD is running at 1080p

Source? Are you talking about native, or upscaled?

Post #50 has the source.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advise in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#69Golden MavenPosted 10/8/2012 5:11:35 PM
He didn't say native... He said it's being delivered in full HD. That could very well mean upscaled 1080p.
#7040DribylfPosted 10/8/2012 5:15:43 PM(edited)
He didn't say native... He said it's being delivered in full HD. That could very well mean upscaled 1080p.

The 360 and PS3 can upscale to 1080p, yet Activision doesn't brag about that in any of the press events that BLOPs II on 360 and PS3 are "Full HD"

It's native 1080p on Wii U until we see otherwise.

Come on, y'all
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990