D. GamePad
E. Network
F. Games
G. Data Storage
H. Media
I. Conclusion
J. References

A. INTRODUCTION

Hello users! I'm Newnie and thanks for taking the time out to read this FAQ. Now, before we get started I would like to give a big thanks and credit to Man__In__Black, aka JohnnyShred612, for his awesome faqs and kicking off V1.0 of this guide. It's been awhile since the first version came out, well... June 9th, 2011 to be exact. With that said, his work inspired me to revise his guide with updated news and help.

I also would like to say thanks to a few users down below who have pitched in and made this board a convenient place to discover news and generally talk Wii U. These are all users, including myself, you may ask for help and additional info when this guide has also become outdated.

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
Tottentanz
PENDRAG0ON
DrRM
DTY3
jmichaelbp
kinglink13
CloudStrife630
knightimex

With that out the way, let's move on to why you're here!

B. BASICS

So what is the Wii U?
The Wii U is an upcoming console from Nintendo as the successor to the Wii video game console.

When was it announced?
The Wii U was unveiled during Nintendo's press conference at E3 on June 7, 2011.

When will it be released?
The Nintendo Wii U will be available to purchase on November 18th, 2012 for North America, December 8th, 2012 for Japan, and November 30th, 2012 for Europe and Australia.

How much is the Wii U?
It will come in two SKUs, both in different colors.

BASIC ($299.99):
White Wii U Hardware
8GB Internal storage
Wii U Gamepad
Wii U Stylus
Sensor Bar
Wii U AC adapter
Wii U GamePad AC adapter
HDMI cable

DELUXE ($349.99):
32GB Internal storage
Black Wii U Hardware
Wii U Gamepad
Wii U Stylus
Sensor Bar
Wii U AC adapter
Wii U GamePad AC adapter
HDMI cable
A copy of Nintendo Land
Wii U Gamepad Stand
Wii U Gamepad Cradle
Wii U Console Stand
Deluxe Digital Promotion

What is this "Deluxe Digital Promotion"?
The Deluxe Digital Promotion allows customers who purchased the Deluxe Set be enrolled in a promotion that let's Wii U owners receive points for each digital download and redeem those points for future downloadable content from Nintendo's eShop. As of now, this will be going on till 2014.

Is the Wii U backwards compatible?
The Wii U is backwards compatible with the original Wii. The Wii U can also support Wii peripherals, including the Wii Remote Plus, the Nunchuk, and the Balance Board. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with the Nintendo Gamecube.

What is the GamePad?"
The GamePad is the main controller for the Wii U. It features a built-in touchscreen, which can either supplement or replicate the gameplay shown on the main display, and can function as a standalone screen without the use of a television screen. (See D. GAMEPAD for more info.)
---
GT & PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.
Previous Versions
Newnie
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:29:23 PM

A. Introduction
B. Basics
C. Specs
D. GamePad
E. Network
F. Games
G. Data Storage
H. Media
I. Conclusion

A. INTRODUCTION

Hello users! I'm Newnie and thanks for taking the time out to read this FAQ. Now, before we get started I would like to give a big thanks and credit to Man__In__Black, aka JohnnyShred612, for his awesome faqs and kicking off V1.0 of this guide. It's been awhile since the first version came out, well... June 9th, 2011 to be exact. With that said, his work inspired me to revise his guide with updated news and help.

I also would like to say thanks to a few users down below who have pitched in and made this board a convenient place to discover news and generally talk Wii U. These are all users, including myself, you may ask for help and additional info when this guide has also become outdated.

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
Tottentanz
PENDRAG0ON
DrRM
jmichaelbp
kinglink13
CloudStrife630
knightimex

B. BASICS

So what is the Wii U?
The Wii U is an upcoming console from Nintendo as the successor to the Wii video game console.

When was it announced?
The Wii U was unveiled during Nintendo's press conference at E3 on June 7, 2011.

The Nintendo Wii U will be available to purchase on November 18th, 2012 for North America, December 8th, 2012 for Japan, and November 30th, 2012 for Europe and Australia.

How much is the Wii U?

BASIC ($299.99):
White Wii U Hardware
8GB Internal storage
Wii U Gamepad
Wii U Stylus
Sensor Bar
Wii U AC adapter
Wii U GamePad AC adapter
HDMI cable

DELUXE ($349.99):
32GB Internal storage
Black Wii U Hardware
Wii U Gamepad
Wii U Stylus
Sensor Bar
Wii U AC adapter
Wii U GamePad AC adapter
HDMI cable
A copy of Nintendo Land
Wii U Gamepad Stand
Wii U Gamepad Cradle
Wii U Console Stand
Deluxe Digital Promotion

The Deluxe Digital Promotion allows customers who purchased the Deluxe Set be enrolled in a promotion that let's Wii U owners receive points for each digital download and redeem those points for future downloadable content from Nintendo's eShop. As of now, this will be going on till 2014.

The Wii U is backwards compatible with the original Wii. The Wii U can also support Wii peripherals, including the Wii Remote Plus, the Nunchuk, and the Balance Board. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with the Nintendo Gamecube.

What is the GamePad?"
The GamePad is the main controller for the Wii U. It features a built-in touchscreen, which can either supplement or replicate the gameplay shown on the main display, and can function as a standalone screen without the use of a television screen. (See D. GAMEPAD for more info.)
---
GT & PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.
Newnie
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:54:56 PM

A. Introduction
B. Basics
C. Specs
D. GamePad
E. Network
F. Games
G. Data Storage
H. Media
I. Conclusion

A. INTRODUCTION

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
Tottentanz
PENDRAG0ON
DrRM
DTY3
jmichaelbp
kinglink13
CloudStrife630
knightimex

B. BASICS

So what is the Wii U?

When was it announced?

How much is the Wii U?

BASIC ($299.99):
White Wii U Hardware
8GB Internal storage
Wii U Gamepad
Wii U Stylus
Sensor Bar
Wii U AC adapter
Wii U GamePad AC adapter
HDMI cable

DELUXE ($349.99):
32GB Internal storage
Black Wii U Hardware
Wii U Gamepad
Wii U Stylus
Sensor Bar
Wii U AC adapter
Wii U GamePad AC adapter
HDMI cable
A copy of Nintendo Land
Wii U Gamepad Stand
Wii U Gamepad Cradle
Wii U Console Stand
Deluxe Digital Promotion

What is the GamePad?"
---
GT & PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.

No Action Available

No actions are currently available to you with this message.