Nintendo Wii U FAQ V2.0 ~*READ BEFORE POSTING!*~

Newnie
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:31:11 PM
Are there different controllers available?
While the GamePad is the Wii U's main controller, it will also be able to use the Pro Controller. Many games offer the use of this as an alternative playstyle for those wanting a more "classic" feel. Think of an Xbox 360's controller with the layout slightly changed.

C. SPECS

So what is the Wii U's CPU?
The Wii U CPU is designed by IBM. It is described by IBM as an "all-new, Power-based microprocessor", the processor is a multi-core design manufactured at 45 nm with an eDRAM cache. Neither Nintendo nor IBM has revealed detailed specifications, such as the number of cores, clock rate, or cache sizes.

How about it's GPU?
Not much is known about the Wii U's GPU at this current time, though it has been rumored to be a modified AMD Radeon E6760.

How much RAM does it have?
The Wii U has a total of 2GB of RAM. 1GB is for games while the other GB is for system software.

What are the video formats this thing can handle?
1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576i (PAL Only), 480p, 480i, standard 4:3 and 16:9 anamorphic widescreen.

What are some of the Wii U's capabilities?
The Wii U will have 4 USB 2.0 ports, 2 in the front and 2 at its rear. It includes an AV Multi Out port, a HDMI port, along with a SD memory card slot which supports SDHC cards for further storage. (See G. DATA STORAGE for more info.)

D. GAMEPAD

What are the specs of the GamePad?
Built-in 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope and a geomagnetic sensor
Stereo Speakers and Microphone
Volume Control
Front-facing camera
IR Sensor strip
Infrared Transceiver (part of "TV Control" feature)
Headphone jack
6.2 inch (15.7 cm) 16:9 resistive touchscreen
Two clickable analog sticks and one D-pad
Stylus
Select, Start, TV Control, Home and Power buttons
A/B/X/Y face buttons, L/R bumper buttons and ZL/ZR trigger buttons
Rumble
Controller sync button
Wireless communication with console based on IEEE 802.11n operating at 5GHz
NFC (Near Field Communication)
Extension Connnector (for additional control accessories)

What are the camera and microphone for?
The GamePad's camera and microphone are used for talking with friends through Nintendo Network's chat and video chating. (See E. NETWORK for more info.)

How many GamePads can the Wii U support?
The Wii U will allow two GamePads to be used. Unfortunately, there are no launch games that will have use for two, which is why there won't be any additional GamePads to buy when the Wii U hit stores in North America.

What happends if I break my GamePad?
You may send it in to Nintendo to get it repaired for a fee.

How about the range of the GamePad?
Approximately 24Ft.

E. NETWORK

Does the Wii U have network capabilities?
Yes. Nintendo's network infrastructure, named Nintendo Network, is similar to Xbox Live and Playstation Network.

Will there be user accounts or friend codes?
There will be a user account system on the Wii U that will replace the friend code model seen on the original Wii, but will not eliminate the use of friend codes completely. Every Wii U will be able to hold a maximum of 12 accounts.
---
GT & PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.

No Action Available

No actions are currently available to you with this message.