Nintendo Wii U FAQ V2.0 ~*READ BEFORE POSTING!*~

Newnie
Posted: 10/8/2012 6:01:09 PM
What is Miiverse?
Miiverse is an integrated social network system. It's implemented in the system menu and can also be used for games, if developers choose to do so. It allows users to chat with one another through text as well as through video. Not only can it be used on the Nintendo Wii U, but for other devices as well, such as cellphones. For a better idea on this, think of twitter, but for video games.

Will there be digital distribution?
The Wii U's eShop will be Nintendo's digital distribution store. Available at launch, the eShop will provide the means to download digital Wii U titles, retail Wii U titles, WiiWare titles, Virtual Console titles, and applications. The Wii U's eShop will also allow users to obtain patches, add-ons, and expansions for both retail and digital games.

Is there also a browser?
Yes. It allows users to browse the web through the GamePad and television. Sadly, it does not support Flash, but instead supports HTML 5.

F. GAMES

What are the launch games?
As of now, we have on the list...

Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Darksiders II
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
FIFA 13
ESPN Sports Connection
Game Party Champions
Just Dance 4
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Rabbids Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sing Party
Skylanders: Giants
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Transformers: Prime
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Wipeout: The Game 3
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU

Will there be any eShop games at launch?
Yes. We have...

Chasing Aurora
Cloudberry Kingdom
Little Inferno
Mighty Switch Force HD
Nano Assault Neo
Toki Tori 2
Trine 2: Director's Cut

G. DATA STORAGE

8GB or 32GB? That's pretty low!
Nintendo intended for users to use their own storage electronics to add on to the internal memory of the Wii U.

What types of storage can I use?
You may use SD cards, USB flash drives, and/or external hard drives. The Wii U allows a maximum of 3TB hard drives.

H. MEDIA

Can you play dvd or blu-ray movies on the Wii U?
Sadly, no.

Well is there any other forms of entertainment?
Yes! The Wii U has a television based service called Nintendo TVii that allow users to watch programs and movies on Hulu Plus, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and their cable network. This service is free, though you still need an account to use the listed movie providers.

I. CONCLUSION

The Wii U is expected to be a great video game system. I hope this guide has helped most of you out and stay relevant for quite some time. Once again, if your question wasn't answered here, feel free to write me or any of the other users listed in this guide. In the event that the Wii U is actually out and anyone is reading this, feel free to add me on Nintendo Network, which my name is the same for every online account I make for social networks and game networks. ("Newnie")

Well it's been a priveledge sharing knowledge to all of you folks. Have a good day and enjoy the Wii U boards. Thank you for reading.

J. REFERENCES
http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/features/tech-specs/
---
GT & PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.
Previous Versions
Newnie
Posted: 10/8/2012 5:32:38 PM
What is Miiverse?
Miiverse is an integrated social network system. It's implemented in the system menu and can also be used for games, if developers choose to do so. It allows users to chat with one another through text as well as through video. Not only can it be used on the Nintendo Wii U, but for other devices as well, such as cellphones. For a better idea on this, think of twitter, but for video games.

The Wii U's eShop will be Nintendo's digital distribution store. Available at launch, the eShop will provide the means to download digital Wii U titles, retail Wii U titles, WiiWare titles, Virtual Console titles, and applications. The Wii U's eShop will also allow users to obtain patches, add-ons, and expansions for both retail and digital games.

Is there also a browser?
Yes. It allows users to browse the web through the GamePad and television. Sadly, it does not support Flash, but instead supports HTML 5.

F. GAMES

Assassin's Creed III
Darksiders II
FIFA 13
ESPN Sports Connection
Game Party Champions
Just Dance 4
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Rabbids Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sing Party
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
ZombiU

Yes. We have...

Chasing Aurora
Cloudberry Kingdom
Little Inferno
Mighty Switch Force HD
Nano Assault Neo
Toki Tori 2

G. DATA STORAGE

Nintendo intended for users to use their own storage electronics to add on to the internal memory of the Wii U.

You may use SD cards, USB flash drives, and/or external hard drives. The Wii U allows a maximum of 3TB hard drives.

H. MEDIA

Can you play dvd movies on the Wii U?
Sadly, no.

Yes! The Wii U has a television based service called Nintendo TVii that allow users to watch programs and movies on Hulu Plus, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and their cable network. This service is free, though you still need an account to use the listed movie providers.

I. CONCLUSION

The Wii U is expected to be a great video game system. I hope this guide has helped most of you out and stay relevant for quite some time. Once again, if your question wasn't answered here, feel free to write me or any of the other users listed in this guide. In the event that the Wii U is actually out and anyone is reading this, feel free to add me on Nintendo Network, which my name is the same for every online account I make for social networks and game networks. ("Newnie")

Well it's been a priveledge sharing knowledge to all of you folks. Have a good day and enjoy the Wii U boards. Thank you for reading.
---
GT & PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.
Newnie
Posted: 10/8/2012 5:50:46 PM
What is Miiverse?

Is there also a browser?

F. GAMES

Assassin's Creed III
Darksiders II
FIFA 13
ESPN Sports Connection
Game Party Champions
Just Dance 4
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Rabbids Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sing Party
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
ZombiU

Yes. We have...

Chasing Aurora
Cloudberry Kingdom
Little Inferno
Mighty Switch Force HD
Nano Assault Neo
Toki Tori 2

G. DATA STORAGE

H. MEDIA

Can you play dvd or blu-ray movies on the Wii U?
Sadly, no.

I. CONCLUSION

---
GT & PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.

No Action Available

No actions are currently available to you with this message.