Nintendo Wii U FAQ V2.0 ~*READ BEFORE POSTING!*~

#31DrRMPosted 11/7/2012 8:50:16 PMmessage detail
SMASHKING84 posted...
the last nintendo direct was japanese the summary noa didn't mention the transfer system.
like i said i only ask because 3ds forced you to format the sd card so if you didn't back up your data you lose it forever.

it is solve by coping it instead of passing it to the sd

on the wii you can make a copy to the SD and pass it to the wii u.

that way you still have the game on wii if something happen.
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#32SMASHKING84Posted 11/8/2012 3:11:40 PMmessage detail
i hope that you don't to back up data onto a computer i can't use my computer as it's being repaired atm.
besides you CANNOT back up save files on games like ssbb,mk7,and other online games.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY oppinon.
#33Advent_SignPosted 11/8/2012 10:16:25 PMmessage detail
Are Solid State Drive supported?
#34SMASHKING84Posted 11/10/2012 2:04:33 AMmessage detail
question
1. is the wii u pad wireless only or like a ps3 controller,you can change back and between wired and wireless
2.if so how long is this cord
3.if i plus headphones in to the gamepad,can i turn my tv voulme and wii u pad volume up witout distrubin anyone
4.if will this work when you watching tv(just normal tv)

sorry if any quetions have been asked can use cntrl f atm
---
#35P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/10/2012 1:08:56 PMmessage detail
Advent_Sign posted...
Are Solid State Drive supported?

You cannot connect storage drives internally. The Wii U supports SD cards, USB drives, and external USB HDD up to 3TB.

SMASHKING84 posted...
question
1. is the Wii U pad wireless only or like a ps3 controller,you can change back and between wired and wireless
2.if so how long is this cord
3.if i plus headphones in to the Gamepad,can i turn my tv volume and Wii U pad volume up without disturbing anyone
4.will this work when you are watching tv (just normal tv)

sorry if any questions have been asked can use ctrl f atm

1. The Wii U Gamepad is completely wireless but charges with an AC adapter included in the packaging.
2. The AC is approximately the same size as as the Wii U power cord with a smaller brick.
3. The Controller has a Volume Slider that controls it's volume separately from the television.
4. Yes, and the Gamepad allows you to change channels on the TV while playing games with the controller.
---
Currently Playing: Illbleed, Skyrim
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#36SMASHKING84Posted 11/10/2012 11:50:58 PMmessage detail
thanks i just hope target still has them after my next paycheck.
---
#37FuryXPPosted 11/14/2012 6:26:15 PMmessage detail
You should be able to use a SSD with the Wii U the same way I use an IDE HDD with the Wii, a USB HD Enclosure, however if the Wii U only has USB 2.0 ports you probably will not see a speed improvement only have improved resistance to being jostled by bumps in the road when playing in an RV.

I am definitely going to upgrade my Wii HDD to an SSD before I do so for my desktop for that jostling resistance/immunity.
#38tsaobeiPosted 11/16/2012 4:27:59 PMmessage detail
WCPO 9.1 CINCINNATI OHIO JUST REPORTED ABOUT 5 MINUTES AGO WII U WILL NOT HAVE SOME OF THE PROMISED FEATURES AND NINTENDO WON'T SAY WHY. THE MUCH LIKED CONTROLLER IS STAYING.
---
He Man is in his Drawers!
PSN: YideZHANGFEI
#39MinistryCallPosted 11/16/2012 8:34:50 PMmessage detail
Maybe explain if Wii games are upscaled or not?
#40BKXDPosted 11/17/2012 11:11:01 AMmessage detail
Can the cables from the Wii be used for the Wii U as well, so the only thing needed to be unplugged is the Wii itself?