Another Black Ops 2 Full HD Statement from Activision

#31tizzywilkillyouPosted 10/9/2012 3:08:40 PM
darkjedilink posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
darkjedilink posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
Once again we hear these words "on par"

If it's only "on par," it can't do CoD in 1080, even upscaled.

So, it isn't just "on par."

Why does he say "so we really believe it's going to be on par with any other HD console" around 0:15-0:20 then?

He's clearly referring to graphical fidelity, not resolution.

Actually no, it's not clear at all. If the Wii U version of BO2 was really going to display almost 4x the pixels as the PS3 version of BO, it's doubtful anyone in their right mind would characterize that as "on par" in any way shape or form.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#32DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/9/2012 3:10:18 PM
I don't see what is so hard to believe about CoD being in 1080p. Its not like the game is highly demanding and the Wii U has quite a bit more power.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#33Pendragoon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 3:20:58 PM
Arcanine2009 posted...
Both of those videos are old(sept 13 and 14). Nothing we don't know already.

No, I don't think the Wii U version of BO2 will be able to handle 1080p native. 360/PS3 versions can barely handle 576p in past CoDs, and its likely to stay the same. Wii U version of BO2 will be able to handle 720p at best IMO..

Every CoD (post MW1) except the Black Ops series has been 600p

BO1 was 608p on 360 and 544p on PS3 with major framerate issues. (both were claimed to be on par with each other)

BO2 is 880:720p on the 360 with no word on the PS3 version.

Given how little power it takes to run CoD games in 1080p on a PC (a sub $80 chip using 65w can do it on lower settings) it isn't hard to imagine it running at 1080p on the Wii U.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advise in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#34Enigma149Posted 10/9/2012 3:51:21 PM
Again, I say, "Where did it say native?"
---
PSN:CrimsonEnigma; 3DS:4897-5935-1924
I don't spend much time online, so don't be offended or surprised if I don't respond to a friend request or something.
#35Golden MavenPosted 10/9/2012 3:54:31 PM
Enigma149 posted...

Nowhere. I'm still waiting to hear native myself. Guess we'll have to wait for the pixel counters once the game is out.
#36DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/9/2012 3:59:56 PM
"Full HD"
"On par with other consoles"

There's a reason they aren't telling the exact resolution. This way, it won't be false advertizing when they back out and say "we meant you'll be getting the full HD call of duty experience that the Wii was missing out on".
---
Also, lolz@SATA drives. You see, they make these things called "heat," which kills consoles.
-darkjedilink
#37Arcanine2009Posted 10/9/2012 4:16:53 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
Both of those videos are old(sept 13 and 14). Nothing we don't know already.

No, I don't think the Wii U version of BO2 will be able to handle 1080p native. 360/PS3 versions can barely handle 576p in past CoDs, and its likely to stay the same. Wii U version of BO2 will be able to handle 720p at best IMO..

Every CoD (post MW1) except the Black Ops series has been 600p

BO1 was 608p on 360 and 544p on PS3 with major framerate issues. (both were claimed to be on par with each other)

BO2 is 880:720p on the 360 with no word on the PS3 version.

Given how little power it takes to run CoD games in 1080p on a PC (a sub $80 chip using 65w can do it on lower settings) it isn't hard to imagine it running at 1080p on the Wii U.

Enigma149 posted...

I never said you said it was native.

And how can BO2 on the 360 run 720p, a significantly higher resolution than previous COD iterations and still have an improvement in physics, lighting etc? The engine can't honestly be that optimizing enough to be less taxing enough on the system to allow 720p, can it?..
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#38NewniePosted 10/9/2012 4:23:39 PM
I just really wish people would stop comparing the Wii U to 6 year old tech. The Wii U is NOT a 360 or PS3. It's amazing how people still can't comprehend that or get over the fact that this is newer tech and out beats previous consoles. Get over yourselves and come back to reality.
---
GT & PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.
#39Arcanine2009Posted 10/9/2012 4:48:22 PM(edited)
Newnie posted...
I just really wish people would stop comparing the Wii U to 6 year old tech. The Wii U is NOT a 360 or PS3. It's amazing how people still can't comprehend that or get over the fact that this is newer tech and out beats previous consoles. Get over yourselves and come back to reality.

smdh*

Of course Wii U can be directly compared to the PS3/360, because for one, devs are making MULTI-PLATFORM games for the Wii U, which are directly competing against the 360/PS3, with hardly any differences. Secondly, the Wii U is projected to be 2-4X more powerful than the 360/PS3, AT BEST. It's pretty much the leap between Gamecube to Wii, which isn't big at all.

Hell, the vast majority of the Wii library doesn't even look as good as gamecube games like F-Zero GX, Star Wars:Rogue Squadron. To see games that look noticeably better than current gen tech , it's really up to how much effort the devs are willing to put in their games.
Then you have to factor in the part where there are rumors that the CPU is weaker than current tech, with Wii U's GPGPU taking some of the load of calculations from the CPU, AND that using the Wii Pad can take significant processing power as well.

So why don't people like you get over yourselves and back to reality and realize that the Wii U is directly competing against the PS3/360, whether you like it or not, and because 2-4X isn't a huge upgrade at all.
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#40NewniePosted 10/9/2012 5:01:44 PM(edited)
Arcanine2009 posted...
Newnie posted...

smdh*

Of course Wii U can be directly compared to the PS3/360, because for one, devs are making MULTI-PLATFORM games for the Wii U, which are directly competing against the 360/PS3, with hardly any differences. Secondly, the Wii U is projected to be 2-4X more powerful than the 360/PS3, AT BEST. It's pretty much the leap between Gamecube to Wii, which isn't big at all.

Hell, the vast majority of the Wii library doesn't even look as good as gamecube games like F-Zero GX, Star Wars:Rogue Squadron. To see games that look noticeably better than current gen tech , it's really up to how much effort the devs are willing to put in their games.
Then you have to factor in the part where there are rumors that the CPU is weaker than current tech, with Wii U's GPGPU taking some of the load of calculations from the CPU, AND that using the Wii Pad can take significant processing power as well.

So why don't people like you get over yourselves and back to reality and realize that the Wii U is directly competing against the PS3/360, whether you like it or not, and because 2-4X isn't a huge upgrade at all.

I truly laugh at your ignorance.

You lost any sense of argument or debate the moment you compared it to old tech.

Those paragraphs were also completely irrelevant.

Hell, the vast majority of the Wii library doesn't even look as good as gamecube games like F-Zero GX, Star Wars:Rogue Squadron.

Do you know what an opinion is?
---
GT & PSN - Newnie
Legend in the making.