The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

The defenses for Metroid: Other M are just pathetic *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

#1wiiking96Posted 10/9/2012 2:23:18 PM
One of the worst is:
Other M didn't ruin Samus personality because she haven't have one before.

First of all, a character doesn't have to talk to have a personality. Samus' actions define her character traits. From all the other games, we know that
- She's willing to go into extremely dangerous situations to keep galactic civilization safe
- She's in control of her emotions
- She's not afraid of anything
- She is not one for close, personal relationships
- She's very professional
- She has common sense and is far from stupid
- She seeks justice
- She hates following orders and goes against them when she feels it's necessary

She was not raised in a human environment, so her having a completely human personality may not be very fitting. She was raised by enlightened bird people for crying out loud.

This is one of the more annoying ones, but I am willing to refute others if presented. On that other topic that got modded(for some reason), I saw so many poorly thought arguments that it irritated me to no end.
---
Official "Quote" of the SSB4 board. http://i.imgur.com/tSh2y.jpg
People who like Cave Story: 20
#2xWazManxPosted 10/9/2012 2:25:29 PM
Dude, not the place to put this up.......

apart from that, you're right
---
"Just because IGN gives Call of Battlefield Modern Toadfare 7: Dubstep Zombie edition Map Pack 4 a 15/10 doesn't mean it's good." - Manthony
#3GencoilPosted 10/9/2012 2:29:01 PM
Just let me like this game, ok?
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#4wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 2:29:58 PM
xWazManx posted...
Dude, not the place to put this up.......

There are plenty of other topics about Wii games on this board that haven't been modded, it must have been for another reason.

I posted it here because the Metroid: Other M board is not nearly as active and I want plenty of discussion.
---
#5wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 2:30:49 PM
Gencoil posted...

That's fine, but don't act like people hate on it for no good reason.
---
#6NyyarkPosted 10/9/2012 2:33:41 PM
Gencoil posted...

I think you should like it so much that you buy back everyone else's copy of it!

Since this thread is off topic, I was thinking about Zelda continuity stuff.

What if the Hero of Time's Mother was Terminian. Unlike the war that doesn't seem to exist in Hyrule, you totally have a war having happened in Terminia for her to flee into the lost woods from.
#7Elements012894Posted 10/9/2012 2:34:52 PM
I like the game, and its simple control scheme.

Just the story was absolutely awful is all. The thing I like about Samus and Metriod is Nintendo never tried to make a point about Samus's gender, they barely call attention to it in the story. Because her gender never mattered. In this game though That's all its about and it destroys her character in a way.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#8wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 2:35:59 PM
Nyyark posted...
Since this thread is off topic

How is it off topic? Metroid: Other M is the latest game in the Metroid franchise and this is about Metroid in general. It's not like there's much else to talk about for a system that hasn't come out yet.
---
#9EarthViperPosted 10/9/2012 2:36:12 PM
There's no need to defend the story, it is a load of crap.

The defence of the game is easy. It's a fun game. Ignore the cutscenes and dialogue and enjoy an otherwise well made action game.

I swear, what's pathetic is that somewhere along the line a lot of gamers lost sight of what matters. Feel free to enjoy the story in games with good stories but don't throw away a good game because it's story is crap. 99% of games stories where crap before the 16bit era and 70% of them are crap to this day. So what? 'Gameplay is what matters' may be the oldest cliche in gaming but it's largely true.

Honestly, it reminds me of people who put JRPGs like FF6-7, Chrono Trigger, Suikoden II etc on a pedestal and then get buttmad and act like any JRPG released today without VA is garbage. Don't give me the 'standards change' line either, what's good is good. Stop pretending to be an analyst and have some freaking fun for a change.
---
Clam shell plastic packaging is, in fact, my mortal enemy.
#10Big_IsaacPosted 10/9/2012 2:37:25 PM
Elements012894 posted...
I like the game, and its simple control scheme.

Just the story was absolutely awful is all. The thing I like about Samus and Metriod is Nintendo never tried to make a point about Samus's gender, they barely call attention to it in the story. Because her gender never mattered. In this game though That's all its about and it destroys her character in a way.

so you like games with no difficulty and depth?
'cause that's precisely what Other M is thanks to auto aim and sensemove
---
"There are 2 things infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe yet, though" - Albert Einstein