The defenses for Metroid: Other M are just pathetic *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

#101Dr_CorndogPosted 10/10/2012 7:25:08 AM
The story in Other M is poorly handled.

The way some people overreact to it and exaggerate its deficiencies is much worse.
#102spanky1Posted 10/10/2012 7:26:04 AM
I haven't read this topic, but I'mma put in my two cents anyway lol. ^o^

The problem with Other M's story is that it's set in the wrong time frame. I think it would work perfectly well if it was an "origin story"--a story about Samus' beginning, her start. Because Ridely did cause a lot of trauma in Samus' past, and it makes sense that the first time she sees him since the destruction of her family, she would freak out and have PTSD. This would have made a good teenage or coming of age story.

But the thing is, this story is set late in her life. After she's destroyed Ridely countless times, and is supposed to be mature and at the top of her game. So it's just dumb when she acts like a little helpless girl.
---
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c82/Fuee/Artz0rion/spanky1.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/138/377153264_fada9efcca_m.jpg
#103Big_IsaacPosted 10/10/2012 9:22:23 AM
spanky1 posted...

The problem with Other M's story is that it's set in the wrong time frame. I think it would work perfectly well if it was an "origin story"--a story about Samus' beginning, her start. Because Ridely did cause a lot of trauma in Samus' past, and it makes sense that the first time she sees him since the destruction of her family, she would freak out and have PTSD. This would have made a good teenage or coming of age story.

But the thing is, this story is set late in her life. After she's destroyed Ridely countless times, and is supposed to be mature and at the top of her game. So it's just dumb when she acts like a little helpless girl.

this would only eliminate some of the inconsistency problems. what it WOULDN'T solve, however, is the fact that the story is flat-out awful. the writing and plot holes would still remain
---
"There are 2 things infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe yet, though" - Albert Einstein
#104Big_IsaacPosted 10/10/2012 2:16:57 PM
bump
---
"There are 2 things infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe yet, though" - Albert Einstein
#105RidleyTheOmegaPosted 10/10/2012 2:24:46 PM
Dr_Corndog posted...
The story in Other M is poorly handled.

The way some people overreact to it and exaggerate its deficiencies is much worse.

Eh, not really. People say the gameplay is what it is: mediocre and the total opposite of what Metroid is.
---
Ridley is awesome, don't deny it: http://i.imgur.com/ftGIe.jpg
Do you want Ridley playable in the next Smash Bros? Heck Yes: 53 Heck No: 15
#106darkjedilinkPosted 10/10/2012 3:47:24 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
spanky1 posted...

this would only eliminate some of the inconsistency problems. what it WOULDN'T solve, however, is the fact that the story is flat-out awful. the writing and plot holes would still remain

The plotholes wouldn't go away, but maybe that's because I've never thought of a lack of motivation as a plothole.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#107P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 10/10/2012 3:56:34 PM
Super Metroid blows
---
"Time to get more condiments, cus that weaksauce ain't happenin'!" - Luffy (None Piece)
#108DTY3Posted 10/10/2012 4:44:23 PM
Panda, we get it. You like bad games and hate good ones. Its ok.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#109P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 10/10/2012 4:55:16 PM
DTY3 posted...

So Fallout3/New Vegas, Skyrim, any Kirby game, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Fusion etc etc are all bad games then? And in turn, Superman 64, Sonic '06, and ET are good ones huh?
---
"Time to get more condiments, cus that weaksauce ain't happenin'!" - Luffy (None Piece)
#110DTY3Posted 10/10/2012 5:06:22 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
DTY3 posted...

So Fallout3/New Vegas, Skyrim, any Kirby game, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Fusion etc etc are all bad games then? And in turn, Superman 64, Sonic '06, and ET are good ones huh?

Metroid Other M, Castlevania Judgement, Sonic and the Black Knight.

And you think Super Metroid sucks. nuff said.

I take it you got stuck on Noob Bridge
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.