Gamecube controller

#11ZimbabweBobPosted 10/9/2012 7:59:35 PM
RECON64bit posted...
Nintendo needs to create a Wii U compatible GCN controller or the Wii U will fail. There is a large percentage of people who will not buy the Wii U if there is no GCN controller, similar to how Nintendo released official Wii-GCN controllers due to very high demand and complaints. The Wii mote and nun chuck is obsolete and needs to be done away with by replacing them with wireless GCN controllers.

Also every game needs to have a GCN controller option or the game will lose sales. There's also the issue of Super Smash Bros. Universe and it's controller options. The Wii U pro controller is a step in the right direction but Nintendo could really say a lot more by unveiling a true GCN controller.

Thank you

Interesting opinion.Completely off-base and nowhere near factually-based, but interesting nonetheless. You cant use a Xbox controller for your 360 or a ps1 or 2 controller for ps3 (and they are all the same thing), why do you expect 2 gen back compatibility from Nintendo?
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
MW3 FC:0697-5894-6879 COD BO:1828-2895-7645 MHT:3HYE7P
#12ZimbabweBobPosted 10/9/2012 8:01:13 PM
Endgame posted...
You have the pro controller, you have the classic controller from the Wii.

and they ****ing suck

the Gamecube controller was perfect

So you prefer analog nub and no 2nd shoulder button?how can it be perfect when it's short a button?
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
MW3 FC:0697-5894-6879 COD BO:1828-2895-7645 MHT:3HYE7P
#13Arcanine2009Posted 10/9/2012 8:06:41 PM
I only used game cube controllers for smash bros, that's it. I understand your concern, but they don't even support gamecube backwards compatibility(besides VC), to save them costs and to earn more more $$$, so its reasonable that they won't support gamecube controller.

Wiimote+nunchuck is awesome for fpsers, and its what I prefer for fpsers and sports games, over dual analog.
---
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg359/ProdigyCashew/pterodactyl.gif
#141shadetail1Posted 10/9/2012 8:18:27 PM(edited)
RECON64bit posted...
Nintendo needs to create a Wii U compatible GCN controller or the Wii U will fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#15Starwars4JPosted 10/9/2012 8:27:29 PM
RECON64bit posted...
similar to how Nintendo released official Wii-GCN controllers

I must have missed this!
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#16EuphemismsPosted 10/9/2012 8:57:18 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...
Endgame posted...
You have the pro controller, you have the classic controller from the Wii.

and they ****ing suck

the Gamecube controller was perfect

So you prefer analog nub and no 2nd shoulder button?how can it be perfect when it's short a button?

It's short 5 buttons actually, still love it to death though.
---
Capitalism, ho!
#17Reznik00Posted 10/10/2012 10:10:02 AM
Sorry but I've never had a controller that sucked...I've never had one that outperformed another....I don't get this desire for a "one controller" world. Learn to adapt.

Of course this is amplified on my end because my brother-in-law can't play any game on 360 because he claims the controls are too different....he played the same game on two different consoles...the controls are the same! Hitting X instead of A shouldn't affect anyone's ability to play, and neither should the shape of a controller.

However, I did love the GC controller.
---
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!
#18Rennik RepotsirPosted 10/10/2012 10:20:38 AM
A large percent out of what? So far that percent seems to be fairly low among the WiiU board...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
I bored; eat it...</post>
#19link5003Posted 10/10/2012 10:21:32 AM
Starwars4J posted...
RECON64bit posted...
similar to how Nintendo released official Wii-GCN controllers

I must have missed this!

They did actually. They were just white gamecube controllers that didn't bear the Wii logo at all, but they did get a longer cord. Nintendo did specifically market them as Wii Compatible though.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.