Wii U : a year early or 7 years late ?

#51Pawkie07Posted 10/11/2012 11:40:53 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Neither. It's right on time to be 7 years late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRKP3VbI41M&feature=youtu.be&t=35s
#52KouenZanPosted 10/12/2012 2:48:25 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
KouenZan posted...
yeah corporations are spending to get out of debt. you know, invest. if they are just paying for loss, they are bound to be bankrupt.

i'm not pro sony but you can't deny the facts that they are in debt but they spend on tech improvement. that's why you can't say PS4 won't be that powerful

just search their recent investments: 4K Tvs, back-light illuminated camera sensors, Cybershot RX1, Buying Gaikai/Ericsson etc.

Where you go wrong is, you fail to understand that spending is not a good thing in and of itself. It must be targeted properly, or it will not make the business any money. The too-powerful PS3 is the perfect case in point. They sure spent a lot of money on that, and it turned a massive profit from the PS1 and PS2 into a huge hole that they are still trying to climb out of.

And now, so many people think that Sony will do the same thing with the next console, even though repeating the exact same mistake would be pretty stupid. And you know what? I'm actually worried that you folks are correct. If this article is anything to go by...

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/09/08/the-ten-year-decline-of-sony/

...then Sony haven't learned from their mistake and stand ready to repeat it. I don't want that to happen. I want Sony to succeed, because more competition in the console market place is good for us consumers.

But if Sony make the same mistake again, and release another $600+ console that people don't buy due to sticker shock, they won't have the massive PS1/PS2 profit to fall back on this time. They need to make a console that people actually buy, which means a modest power jump rather than a monster powerhouse.

They've learned from PS3 btw. Note that the PS3 is built from Cell (not off the shelf) and Blu-ray (new tech) that inflates the price to omg $600. If you take a look at Vita (oh poor vita) the machine was built from off-the-shelf parts. You know, parts used by modern phones. If that will continue, we might see PS4 using off-the-shelf-PC parts, not the proprietary components (e.g. Cell)

So I believe Sony will be able to provide a new console with a beastly specs without compromising the cost. Well that disprove my first post though lol
---
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
#53ZBug_Posted 10/12/2012 3:31:10 AM
CloudStrife630 posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
KingBeetle posted...
wingo84 posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Neither. It's right on time.

---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#54ChipChippersonPosted 10/12/2012 3:36:41 AM
It's right on time. My Nintendbros and I are gonna love the bejeezus out of this console.
---
"I don't spend my time posting Nintendo hate topics while letting my 360 and PS3 controllers rumble in my lap."-blazingsonic
#55BlenderPowerPosted 10/12/2012 3:54:31 AM
I had this dream once, where the Wii U came out instead of the Wii, grabbing the attention of gamers worldwide and revolutionizing the standard of touch screen technology for years to come.

Of course, I had a similar dream about flat screen televisions before, so might just be all fancy fancy fantasy in my head.

i THINK. I think. In my opinion. That the Wii U was what the Wii should've been all along. A game console that could appeal to both gamers and casual alike. With graphical power that would make a Wii U port a respectable PORT instead of a DOWNGRADE, be a console intriguing enough to not alienate third party support, have "gimmicks" that can attract the attention of gamer demographics of all types, and have controllers that can show off its motion capture aspect (via wii-mote) while not making the adjustment jump too high for gamers (via the tablet)

The Wii's downfall is that it targeted the casual group far too much and I believe the Wii U is Nintendo's way of fixing this. Again, my opinion. You can argue with me, but I'm really bad at that.
---
I ALWAYS BURN THE TOAST. ALWAYS.
#56drothegreat0nePosted 10/12/2012 5:46:55 AM
Pawkie07 posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Neither. It's right on time to be 7 years late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRKP3VbI41M&feature=youtu.be&t=35s

I expected better from a Redditor
#57goothgone514Posted 10/12/2012 6:19:41 AM
7 years late
---
DETOX
#581shadetail1Posted 10/12/2012 8:54:53 AM
KouenZan posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
KouenZan posted...
yeah corporations are spending to get out of debt. you know, invest. if they are just paying for loss, they are bound to be bankrupt.

i'm not pro sony but you can't deny the facts that they are in debt but they spend on tech improvement. that's why you can't say PS4 won't be that powerful

just search their recent investments: 4K Tvs, back-light illuminated camera sensors, Cybershot RX1, Buying Gaikai/Ericsson etc.

Where you go wrong is, you fail to understand that spending is not a good thing in and of itself. It must be targeted properly, or it will not make the business any money. The too-powerful PS3 is the perfect case in point. They sure spent a lot of money on that, and it turned a massive profit from the PS1 and PS2 into a huge hole that they are still trying to climb out of.

And now, so many people think that Sony will do the same thing with the next console, even though repeating the exact same mistake would be pretty stupid. And you know what? I'm actually worried that you folks are correct. If this article is anything to go by...

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/09/08/the-ten-year-decline-of-sony/

...then Sony haven't learned from their mistake and stand ready to repeat it. I don't want that to happen. I want Sony to succeed, because more competition in the console market place is good for us consumers.

But if Sony make the same mistake again, and release another $600+ console that people don't buy due to sticker shock, they won't have the massive PS1/PS2 profit to fall back on this time. They need to make a console that people actually buy, which means a modest power jump rather than a monster powerhouse.

They've learned from PS3 btw. Note that the PS3 is built from Cell (not off the shelf) and Blu-ray (new tech) that inflates the price to omg $600. If you take a look at Vita (oh poor vita) the machine was built from off-the-shelf parts. You know, parts used by modern phones. If that will continue, we might see PS4 using off-the-shelf-PC parts, not the proprietary components (e.g. Cell)

So I believe Sony will be able to provide a new console with a beastly specs without compromising the cost. Well that disprove my first post though lol

I'd like to believe they've learned better, but I'm not confident. According to that article, the diva engineers who wasted so much money on the cell CPU are still there, and are still more concerned with being clever than containing costs.

Also, considering how well the Vita is doing in sales, it may not be such a great example of Sony learning better.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#59KouenZanPosted 10/12/2012 9:09:47 AM
^hardware wise, vita is a win. Came with quad cpu/gpu and oled for a reasonable price.

But with the market shifting to mobile, it's hard to sell dedicated portables. That's why 3ds sales is so low at $250. People will just buy kindle fire instead of handhelds.
---
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
#60MelkacPosted 10/12/2012 9:11:15 AM
Enigma149 posted...
A year late. Generations should be 6 years long. The last one started in '05, and this one should be starting in '11, not '12.

Eh, Nintendo released the Wii on 2006, not 2005.
And yes, I know you're talking about X360, that's not the point.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhMT138BHo&feature=g-vrec