New Super Mario Bros U now 1080p?

#21IKnowGameFuPosted 10/10/2012 4:42:00 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
IKnowGameFu posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Interesting, but not really a surprise, the game is hardly a graphical showcase after all.

I unno, the game still looks great.
I haven't seen a side-scroller that good looking on the PS3.

Seriously? Trine, Puppeteer, Little Big Planet, Rayman Origins. Take your fanboy goggles off.

Don't bother, these fanboys are so delusional.

I know, but that level of ignorance should be called out. Heck, just look at the 2D levels of Sonic Generations. Mario Wii U doesn't come close to any of the games I mentioned in the graphics department.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#22PendragoonPosted 10/10/2012 5:35:56 PM
Euphemisms posted...
I'll wait til i see some native 1080p footage or screens.

I mean, there's really no reason for it not to run in 1080p, but i want something more concrete than a blurb off the website ( remember when Reggie Said the Zelda tech demo was 1080p?).

From DF

Or perhaps not. The Zelda demo, or "HD Experience" as Nintendo calls it, is almost certainly running at a native resolution of 720p, with no anti-aliasing and seems to be locked at 30 frames per second with v-sync engaged (subsequently verified with a good look at a 60Hz feed taken from G4's broadcast coverage of the event).

They never had a clean feed of the game, just an off camera recording of a TV running the demo, which hardly confirms anything. That was laughable at best.

A possible sub 1080p recording (at unknown quality) of a 1080p TV from several feet away broadcast on G4 in a compressed state and may have been compressed further due to signal strength and recording of the data stream. (and a possible video file conversion for compatibility with DF's software) Calling anything gathered from an analysis of that is hardly scientific. They have enough problems figuring out direct feed footage let alone off screen show floor footage...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advise in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#23AceAndJunpeiPosted 10/10/2012 5:48:21 PM
ZombiU is 1080p as well.

Poor trolls, so unloved.
---
"I wouldn't be surprised if you were transgendered."-CorruptedRPG attempting to "insult"(?) me with hate speech
#24xXDa-KidXxPosted 10/10/2012 5:56:28 PM(edited)
LBP is not graphically impressive. It's not even that much of a presentation. It's just a bunch of random household and school supply items used as platforms. Not to say it wasn't creative. And I'm not saying NSMBU is anything special either.
---
Wii U: ???? My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers
#25jwillennPosted 10/10/2012 5:59:53 PM
I'd be more impressed with "New Super Mario Bros. U now 2-4 players online"..
#26knightimexPosted 10/10/2012 10:08:11 PM(edited)
SoaringDive posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Interesting, but not really a surprise, the game is hardly a graphical showcase after all.

That's just because Nintendo knows how to contrast colours really really well, making it look stunning, even when it is extremely basic on a technical level.

Art Style Skill > Power
---
i7 2600k 3.4ghz, 12gb 1,333 mhz ram, 1.5tb HDD, EVGA GeForce GTX 690 4096Mb, Sound Blaster Fatal1ty, 850 psu
#27TrueBlue91Posted 10/10/2012 10:53:50 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

Rayman Origins looked much better. And so did Sonic 4: Episode 2
#28Rasputin77Posted 10/11/2012 5:50:36 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Poor trolls, so unloved.

Disagreeing about graphical differences is not trolling, sorry.
---
"Let's spend way more time talking about the 'trolls' than they spend posting." - GameFAQs logic
#29FFXIgaiaknightPosted 10/11/2012 6:15:17 AM
everyone should look at the site again it no longer says 1080p guess someone at nintendo made a boo-boo
---
Currently Playing: New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
3DS FC : 4124 - 5007 - 1536
#30Jackie_GleasonPosted 10/11/2012 6:20:51 AM
1080p in a next gen 2D sidescroller shouldn't surprise anybody, but announcing it at this late hour sounds a bit fishy.