Nintendo games have generally had weak storylines.

#41DemonicChaosXXPosted 10/12/2012 12:22:50 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
i liked Xenoblade's

That's because MonolithSoft is amazing.

yep

Sucks that Nintendo bought them, never gonna get the sequel to Attack of the Saiyins now.

Ummm Attack of the Saiyans was on the DS.
---
It's a point and click adventure where the only action is "use gun" on "man". - vidgameking84
#42DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/12/2012 12:35:11 AM
Phasmatis92 posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
knightoffire55 posted...
It's always just an excuse for gameplay. And don't bring up Zelda as a counterexample considering how messed up the continuity of those games are.

Metroid Prime.

For the most part though, story in games is like CGI in movies; not always necessary.

Riiiiiight.... cause Avengers would have felt the same if the Hulk and Iron Man were done with wires and cheap styrofoam costumes!

Also Prime has a disgusting story. It has some interesting lore but the story is almost a joke.

And Citizen Kane would have been so much better if it was slathered in CGI, amirite?

The lore IS the story in Prime.

No... it isn't. The story is the story, the lore is the lore. I was more interested in the societies that had disappeared in MP3 than the actual enemies and allies I was fighting against/for. It was pretty pathetic how little I cared about the actual events of MP3.

CGI has plenty of places where it would do well. I never watched Citizen Kane, no reason why it wouldn't benefit from computer generated touch ups.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#43LenneValkiryePosted 10/12/2012 12:49:16 AM
If you're looking for a game with a good plot play a PS3 game, seriously.
You want to compare FFXIII with Pokemon Black?
#44kdognumba1Posted 10/12/2012 12:50:35 AM
Really comes down to which development studio in Nintendo is making the game and which genre the game is. Generally speaking, the Golden Sun games, Fire Emblem games, and just about anything Monolithsoft have pretty good stories. Zelda and Metroid it depends on what game you play and what you want from a story. Metroid Prime for example had some awesome narrative through the logs. I personally like the stories in Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. I even enjoyed the story in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

You can't really generalize or compare all Nintendo games because they're so vastly different and span over 25 years.
---
Watch me stream games live @ http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#45DarkGam3rPosted 10/12/2012 12:55:30 AM
We don't play Mario games because we think the "saving the princess" cliche is the most engrossing one we've heard of, so why should they start focusing on storyline?
---
"I'm no hero."
#46DeathSnipe777Posted 10/12/2012 1:14:02 AM
The Paper Mario games have great (although cliche) stories, the Mario & Luigi games have great stories, Xenoblade has a great story, Metroid typically has great stories, Zelda typically has a good/great story, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games have great stories, Fire Emblem games have great stories, Kid Icarus: Uprising has a great story, I could keep going on.

You can't really generalize or compare all Nintendo games because they're so vastly different and span over 25 years.

This guy gets it.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
PSN: Marlouchu
#47AkaneJonesPosted 10/12/2012 1:15:50 AM
DemonicChaosXX posted...
i liked Xenoblade's

That's because MonolithSoft is amazing.

yep

Sucks that Nintendo bought them, never gonna get the sequel to Attack of the Saiyins now.

Ummm Attack of the Saiyans was on the DS.

Not only that but it was developed by Monolith between their work on Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga: Endless Frontier and Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga: Endless Frontier EXCEED while Nintendo owned them, and they are still making (finished) Project X Zone. It's like he has no idea what they actually do. He just loves to troll Nintendo even if he fails to understand Monolith IS a Nintendo studio now, and one that Namco can use, as long as the game is on a Nintendo system.
#48UnderratedGamerPosted 10/12/2012 1:23:48 AM
TheBonfini posted...
Maninstagnate posted...
Nintendo focusese on gameplay first then creates a story around it. Thats pretty much how games should be made, I'm getting tired of developers trying to think up some genius story which is actually crap that has mediocre gameplay .

Yeah it's definitely better when companies like Sony focus on great stories and great gameplay at the same time.

Hopefully you were being sarcastic, otherwise I think my head would have exploded from the most idiotic statement in the world.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#49The_Mighty_KELPPosted 10/12/2012 2:02:30 AM
I didn't see a "C/D" in the topic title, but I'm just gonna say it anyway:

D
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#50LordcrabfoodPosted 10/12/2012 2:10:56 AM
Nintendo games having basically no decent stories is the main reason I rarely play their games these days. I need to be immersed, nintendo games fail to do this.