Why is Nintendoland $60?

#61TottentanzPosted 10/12/2012 6:34:18 PM
pearl arowana posted...
wii u with cpu weaker than ps3/360 - 250/400
controller with no multi touch, resistive, small resolution - 170

and you surprise nintendo sell their demolike game for 60 buck???

tofl

Not creative enough or did you find your "hook" to hang your hat on?

I guess we all have super clocked CPUs now considering the PS360 were dated when they launched and..........wait, things got more efficient and some tech that had to be built separate of the CPU is now seamlessly integrated into the CPU? Wah? Technology moves forward in many directions, that just does not make sense to me I guess. I mean we should all have CPUs at around 10Ghz now, right?

We are discussing a game, and this mook comes in here trying to rattle some cages with his weak attempts to attack the CPU on the U without even bringing up that it is on a MCM.

We needs lots of speed when everything is built into one chip, right?

Or maybe the people working on the dev kits have had to compensate for the different more advanced tech that doesnt rely on extra cores like the Cell or a higher clock speed in order to make a game work right. Maybe that developer was having issues because there is no standard yet to fix what issues arose.

Or maybe the Cell just sucks that much:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Gaiden_Sigma_2
As a trade off for increased resolution, the amount of on-screen action has been reduced in the PS3 version to keep the game running at an acceptable speed. Eurogamer pointed out that there are fewer enemies spawned at one time in the PS3 version of the game, and the developers "blatantly remove polygons in the Sigma edition in order to maintain frame-rate.
#62shootsmack(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 6:47:16 PM
GloryChaos posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Not sure, anyone else find it hilarious that Nintendo is charging $60 now and the fanboys aren't freaking out, when that was a big thing they criticized the PS3/360 for?

I'm actually glad that their games are selling for 60 bucks. Every single third party game is undercutting them right now and consumers will have more incentive to buy the cheaper products. If this doesn't help third parties in some way and people still go for the higher priced first party titles, then I don't know what to say.

They will buy cheaper products on other systems.

And I have no problem paying premium for games, as long as they are worth it. SNES and N64 games were about $100 where I lived in the 90's. But if a game costs full retail then it must be full featured and this slideshow carnival pictureshow should be given away in cereal boxes.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#63IcecreamdunwichPosted 10/12/2012 6:49:52 PM
SNES and N64 games were quite expensive here as well, PSX games were less though.
#64Banjo2553Posted 10/12/2012 6:51:43 PM(edited)
It's not really a demo disc like Wii Sports is. I'm guessing since you see Miis and a collection of sub-games, you automatically assume it should be free.

Edit: Wait, Wii U games are $60? Well...I was hoping Nintendo games would stay on the cheaper side, but this is gonna be a bit of a problem. Especially for first-party titles. Oh well.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#65shootsmack(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 7:11:56 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
It's not really a demo disc like Wii Sports is. I'm guessing since you see Miis and a collection of sub-games, you automatically assume it should be free.

Edit: Wait, Wii U games are $60? Well...I was hoping Nintendo games would stay on the cheaper side, but this is gonna be a bit of a problem. Especially for first-party titles. Oh well.

This game will have just as much depth and thrills as Link's Crossboww training, which is almost the exact same concept.

"What's the absolute bare minimum we could do with our properties and still get sales and have it ready for launch? Our shareholders want higher profits, and less quality."

"Carnival Games did incredibly well and was coded on the computer in the paint section of Home Depot."

"Okay, we'll throw some references to other series in mini-games and CALL it an amusement park so people don't expect much. Then they can't call us out on charging more than double its worth! We certainly cannot undercut portable Mario!"

---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.