BOYCOTT digital downloading, people. You are feeding into big corp!

#1iloveheavyrainPosted 10/12/2012 11:08:06 PM
Do not digital download games. By doing this, you lose out on reselling your game (which is 100% legal). So you buy a $50 game, beat it in a few months, sell on ebay for $40. You lose $10.

Or, you download a game for $50, and, it worth ZERO. No way to resell.

Boycott this system Do not support it. Add to this, you have no true backup. While a hard BLU RAY disc, it is always there and can be easily swapped out even years from now for free. And you can copy the blue ray and still sell the original if you like.

There is nothing you can say that makes any sense to why one would digitally download. Maybe if the price was cut in half. Though retail will never allow this.

DO NOT SUPPORT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD. Corps are ripping you off!
#2shootsmackPosted 10/12/2012 11:10:45 PM
The whole industry is in a state of change and there is no way to stop or affect it.
technology and adoption will dictate what forms business will take, and especially delivery/fulfillment of goods/services.

Relax, go for a high score in your own world.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#3KroganBallEaterPosted 10/12/2012 11:12:19 PM
boycott this system when your username is based off of a game that's PS3 exclusive, and PS3 tries to MAKE you digitally download your games?
#4shootsmackPosted 10/12/2012 11:15:56 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
boycott this system when your username is based off of a game that's PS3 exclusive, and PS3 tries to MAKE you digitally download your games?

To be fair, WiiU digital delivery is not a real sound investment.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#5iloveheavyrain(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 11:16:03 PM
No way to stop it? Yes there is: DONT support it. Plain and simple.
#6FlyinTonitePosted 10/12/2012 11:17:30 PM
tc just sounds like an angry hippie.
---
My karma was 777 on April 3rd, 2012
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#7shootsmackPosted 10/12/2012 11:19:05 PM
iloveheavyrain posted...
No way to stop it? Yes there is: DONT support it. Plain and simple.

You'll be busy crossing your arms while the sheep walk right past you. A branch in the arms of a mighty stream. There is no effect we can make at this stage, with how willing people are to purchase items on digital systems. If you had enacted some kind of moratorium on such services 8 years ago, or at least before the major adoption of broadband internet, you'd have a shot. Let go, there's not much time left.
---
#8ChargrilledPosted 10/12/2012 11:24:43 PM
shootsmack posted...
The whole industry is in a state of change and there is no way to stop or affect it.
technology and adoption will dictate what forms business will take, and especially delivery/fulfillment of goods/services.

Relax, go for a high score in your own world.

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#9Non_AdoPosted 10/12/2012 11:26:11 PM
Except that the indie market relies on digital downloads, so are you asking people to boycott indie developers or just games that can be downloaded as an alternative?
#10GiygasminionPosted 10/12/2012 11:32:07 PM
How's this for blowing your mind:

1. I have never sold a game, nor do I plan to.
2. Game cases and instruction manuals, while nice, truly don't matter. They take up too much space anyway.
3. For new releases, it'll often be cheaper for me to buy digitally because I'm getting a premium Wii U.
4. If the disk drive gives out, I can still play my games.

I plan to buy predominantly digitally because it's the best option for me. And you know what? By buying physical copies, you're feeding big corporations like Gamestop and Wal-Mart.

I truly don't understand why this board has such disdain for digital downloads. You guys should really download Steam...
---
http://backloggery.com/schamman89