Wii U Pro Controller doesn't work with any wii games.

#1Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 10/15/2012 11:49:31 AM
http://gimmegimmegames.com/2012/10/wii-u-pro-controller-battery-last-80-hours-on-one-charge-doesnt-work-with-any-wii-games/

This is another issue in my opinion. People are going to have to buy such a large variety of controllers just to be able to play games on the Wii U. Hopefully this is something nintendo changes down the line.
---
The official (elected by users of the wii hardware board) President of GameFAQS Wii hardware Board as of 11/5/08
#2b1gt0nePosted 10/15/2012 11:51:17 AM
Large variety?? You mean the wiimotes that everyone already owns???
#3AkaimizuPosted 10/15/2012 11:52:00 AM
Hmm. Maybe. Though I would guess that anybody with a Classic Controller Pro can still play Wii games with it. Which might be the case since the Classic Controllers and the Pro model connect through the Wiimote. So in that case, the Wii games are still being driven by Wiimote connected controllers. The Wii U Pro Controller probably connects with no Wiimote at all, so I can see why it may not be compatible.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#4Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2012 11:52:44 AM

Unless you don't own a wii. And if you want to play Brawl (effectively) you might want to go buy some classic controllers to go with your wii mote, wii u tablet, and wii u pro controller.
---
The official (elected by users of the wii hardware board) President of GameFAQS Wii hardware Board as of 11/5/08
#5EighthAwakeningPosted 10/15/2012 11:56:12 AM
It's logical to assume the Classic controller for the Wii will work with the WiiU for Wii games. After all the 'Wii U Pro Controller' is exactly what the name implies - a 'Wii U' Controller for 'Wii U' games.
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2012 11:57:46 AM
It's logical to assume the Classic controller for the Wii will work with the WiiU for Wii games. After all the 'Wii U Pro Controller' is exactly what the name implies - a 'Wii U' Controller for 'Wii U' games.

PS3 controllers work for PS2 games. 360 controllers work for xbox games. Nintendo is just behind the times again.
---
#7link5003Posted 10/15/2012 11:58:05 AM
Welp, I figured Nintendo would get lazy on getting it to work with Wii games, and before you call me a troll, I like Nintendo the most out of the big three. I just my guess on past observations.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.
#8Joehop007Posted 10/15/2012 12:05:22 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Unless you don't own a wii. And if you want to play Brawl (effectively) you might want to go buy some classic controllers to go with your wii mote, wii u tablet, and wii u pro controller.

Of how many units the Wii has sold, everyone and their mothers has a Wii so Wii remotes is not a big issue. When it comes to classic controllers, they are dirt cheap these days. You can pick up a classic controller pro for $20 at your local Wal-Mart.

Also why is this a big issue? Sure the backwards compatibility is nice, but is the purpose of owning a Wii U is to play Wii U games?
---
My Game of the Year: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#9EighthAwakeningPosted 10/15/2012 12:06:49 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

PS3 controllers work for PS2 games. 360 controllers work for xbox games. Nintendo is just behind the times again.

Hardly. It's just Nintendo being Lazy. I'd argue that most people wanting to play the Wii games on the WiiU with a more traditional controller already have the Wii Classic controller.
#10LemonKweenstaaaPosted 10/15/2012 12:07:57 PM
The Pro Controller has such better design, it would be considered cheating if you used in on a Wii game.

But in all seriousness, mountains out of mole hills.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
3DS: 3823 - 8807 - 1363