Wii U Pro Controller doesn't work with any wii games.

#8140DribylfPosted 10/16/2012 6:30:41 AM(edited)
Huh, I had no idea. Wouldn't it need some kind of adapter? Does it work for all PS3s?

It does need an adapter. I figure it would work on all PS3's, at the very least it works on any with BC.

You saying the PS3 and 360 use a different type of emulation than the wii u is not saying much. Nintendo actively decided to not make the wii u pro controller work with wii games when it very well could have. I don't really get what your point is.

I'm just stating the differences between the backwards compatibility.

The Wii U practically turns into a Wii when it goes into Wii Mode, meaning only Wii accessories will work with the games. It's not Nintendo "actively deciding" not to make the Pro controller work with Wii games, it's them not giving a **** about including support for making Wii U peripherals work in Wii Mode. It's laziness to its fullest here.

It's either you agree with that, or you live in your little jaded world. I'm on YOUR side here. I'm not justifying anything Nintendo's doing, I'm just laying out the groundwork here.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#82Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2012 6:34:40 AM
My god, try put your PS3 controllers work on your PS2 system instead genius.

Why would I put my PS3 controller into a PS2? Did anybody in this topic say anything about plugging the wii u controllers into a wii? Do you even know what this topic is about, or are you to busy getting worked up and typing in Caps Lock?

That's what I meant you cant expect WiiU controllers working on Wii games, gamucube games, Nintendo 64 games, Same applies to every other system.

That is not the same thing at all. PS2 games CAN be played using a PS3 controller. Xbox games CAN be played using the 360 controller. I do not know what you are struggling to understand.

Did your read the topic title?

Did you read the topic? Because you are literally the only person in this topic who does not understand it.

WII CONTROLLERS DOES WORK ON WIIU GAMES JUST SEE THAT NEW SUPER MARIO BROS BUT NOT THE OPPOSITE! \o/

Everybody knows this already. Try reading the topic again...
---
The official (elected by users of the wii hardware board) President of GameFAQS Wii hardware Board as of 11/5/08
#83vyseskiesPosted 10/16/2012 6:38:09 AM
Linetrix posted...
My god, try put your PS3 controllers work on your PS2 system instead genius.

Uhh, now that's just a dumb challenge. PS3 controllers worked with PS2 games on the PS3 just fine. Sony is truly able to predict the future

lmao i was joking posting those things, i'll refrain from this one hahaha, but it's possible via simulation, running ps2 games on a PS3 system with a PS3 controller since they're very similar, but really.. most wii games uses motion controls as main function, how can someone expect a standard controller to simulate all patterns of the motion controllers? Not even that but the WiiU pro controller itself is completly different from the Wii pro controller, its a very different matter to deal, but it's still possible. I would say Nintendo didn't felt the necessity to do this, it's too much effort for such minor thing.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#84DTY3Posted 10/16/2012 6:41:31 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...
But in all seriousness, mountains out of mole hills.

Today's society = you can't make one valid consumer complaint without someone whose face smells like the developer's lap telling you "OMG not tat big of deal!1!"

=/ F***ing disgusting.

......really?

THIS is the post you decide to b**** about? Probably the calmest, most rational response here and you still start crying?

What's "f***ing disgusting" is the trolls getting their panties in a bunch over everything and the fanboys flipping s*** because not everyone wants aWii U. And yes I said troll and fanboy. Get over it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#85AkaimizuPosted 10/16/2012 6:44:08 AM(edited)
Nintendo didn't feel the necessity to do the effort because, as Reggie stated, the people who play Wii games already have the controllers. That, and whether people play Wii much or not, the market penetration of those controllers were so huge.

It's like making the fairly safe bet to throw some extra feature in with which you need an Android or iOS device to use. Market penetration is high enough to bank on it and not spend the extra resource.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#86Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2012 6:58:20 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...
But in all seriousness, mountains out of mole hills.

Today's society = you can't make one valid consumer complaint without someone whose face smells like the developer's lap telling you "OMG not tat big of deal!1!"

=/ F***ing disgusting.

......really?

THIS is the post you decide to b**** about? Probably the calmest, most rational response here and you still start crying?

What's "f***ing disgusting" is the trolls getting their panties in a bunch over everything and the fanboys flipping s*** because not everyone wants aWii U. And yes I said troll and fanboy. Get over it.

GameFAQS users are far too sensitive

---
The official (elected by users of the wii hardware board) President of GameFAQS Wii hardware Board as of 11/5/08
#87DTY3Posted 10/16/2012 7:13:53 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Which further proves my point, thank you.

Anyway I think its funny how you can tell how every topic will go based on the title alone.

Somebody raises a complaint? 50+ posts.

Good news? 10 posts.

Bad news? 80+ posts of reassurance.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#88Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2012 7:19:19 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Which further proves my point, thank you.

Anyway I think its funny how you can tell how every topic will go based on the title alone.

Somebody raises a complaint? 50+ posts.

Good news? 10 posts.

Bad news? 80+ posts of reassurance.

And you will show up in every topic whining at all the posters and complaining about how awful the topic is.
---
#89jjgatorPosted 10/16/2012 7:35:26 AM
So I guess this means that you can't play Wii VC games with the new controller?
---
PSN: jjgator
#90lp913Posted 10/16/2012 8:00:15 AM
jjgator posted...
So I guess this means that you can't play Wii VC games with the new controller?

Which would be weird as hell for downloadable games since you would think it would be as easy as playing DSiWare on 3DS. Plus its on an assumption that (like DSiWare on 3DS eShop for future purchases on 3DS) it would also be like that for Wii VC games on Wii U's eShop.
---
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]