Skylanders

#1Toadster9001Posted 10/21/2012 11:08:54 AM
Why isn't the gaming press calling Activision out on their shady business practices? Why are the Skylanders games being showered with praise? Are the failed English majors game reviewers too busy cashing in their monthly cheques? The game and included figurine portal cost $69.99 USD. A three pack of figurines is $20 and there are 29 additional characters to collect, plus level and item bonus kits. And yet all of this content is already on the disc. Don't you dare criticize Nintendo for milking Mario when **** like this happens.
---
Nintendo 5-Star Leader
http://z6.invisionfree.com/N5S/index.php
#2SPDShadowRangerPosted 10/21/2012 11:14:44 AM
Have you even read reviews for the first game or this game? Most criticize the need to buy the figurines for the games and it is indeed horrid. However, the game are getting praise because despite the need to buy figurines, they games are very fun and look great.
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 10/21/2012 11:16:34 AM
oh who cares. i'd gladly support this over those bullcrap season passes other companies are trying to pull. at least you actually get some figurines out of it.
#4EndgamePosted 10/21/2012 12:13:43 PM
physical DLC needs to catch on so the second video game industry collapse can happen, so that a company can rise from the ashes and lead us to a new golden age of gaming, much like Nintendo did after the first crash

.....wait, if Nintendo ended up becoming a hollow shell of its former self, then our new savior..... eh, they'll last 25 years before that happens

so yeah, Skylanders is awesome because it's a terrible concept that may yet lead to our salvation
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#5Reznik00Posted 10/21/2012 2:49:48 PM
You don't need any extra figurines to complete the game, they just tapped into some people's physical collective natures. Plus, it's kinda a neat feature to be able to play the same game as a completely different character as your friend.

On a different topic - I don't see what's so bad about season passes, buying 4 packs for the price of 3? sounds good to me. Factor in that it's not mandatory and the fact that I wouldn't purchase it for a game I knew I wouldn't enjoy for that long and it's a completely forgettable.

Gears 3 and Borderlands 2 are the only games I've bought a season pass for.
---
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!
#6BurgerTime79Posted 10/21/2012 3:02:47 PM
It's a collectible figure series tied in with a game. If you don't want to play or collect it, then you don't have to.
Enough with the crying about content on the disc. This isn't a Street Fighter X Tekken situation, and neither are most of the situations where people complain about it. Remember Eye of Judgment on the PS3? You needed cards to play that one. Don't have the card, you can't access stuff. Same thing. Activision owns the data on the disc, not you. You're not entitled to it just because it's there. You have the right to own that disc, use it in your system, and do whatever you want to the physical disc. You have no business touching the code.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking