What are the odds of N releasing a Wii U 64gig (or better) console later on?

#111shadetail1Posted 10/23/2012 9:32:19 AM
knightimex posted...
What are the odds Nintendo does the same thing a year or 2 from now?

That depends on whether they stick to Reggie's stated philosophy of not anchoring the WiiU to high-priced storage space. Sure, they'll be able to install higher storage space for less money later. But by the time that remodel hit the market, storage space would be even less expensive. It's like Xeno's paradox; no matter how many revisions they make, they'll always be behind the price-to-size curve. So why bother trying to keep up? They're much better off letting their customers expand the storage space on their own terms.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#12EoinPosted 10/23/2012 9:35:01 AM
Oracion-Alpha posted...
Didn't know that swapping memory cards and making it a different colour equals a new model now.

Removing a feature and several ports is definitely a new model There's no possible debate about that.
#13SS4_NamreppivPosted 10/23/2012 9:36:13 AM
You're more likely to see them release their own Hard Drive.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#14MoegittoPosted 10/23/2012 9:37:23 AM
Chances are slim, you can hook up a 3TB external HDD to it already. Those cost less than $150, and if that's too high for you then you can get a cheap 250GB HDD for under $60. It would be redundant to release a higher capacity system when they can leave the cost of extra memory up to the consumer. Plus like someone stated, Nintendo doesn't really do system revamps anymore. I think outside of portables and the Wii (because of the problems with playing dual layer discs) the last system they changed just because was the NES (to a top load method). Even the N64 had a port where you could put the RAM cartridge in, but never changed the system to include that. Sony had the PS3 using WD HDD at first, but when people started messing up their systems trying to swap out the HDD's they went to the slim to try and detour that and Microsoft sold their own HDD's. If you wanted to expand your memory on the 360 you had to pay Microsoft. Nintendo is making it where it's our choice how we want to play, if you can't (or don't want to) pay for a large HDD you can still use a flash stick, those are $16 - $25 bucks for 16 to 32GB. This is the best option my comrades.
#15Oracion-AlphaPosted 10/23/2012 9:37:59 AM
Eoin posted...
Oracion-Alpha posted...
Didn't know that swapping memory cards and making it a different colour equals a new model now.

Removing a feature and several ports is definitely a new model There's no possible debate about that.

I was on about the Wii U, You said it would have multiple models from day one when really its just the same model with a colour swap and extra memory.
#16reevil123Posted 10/23/2012 9:40:05 AM
Moegitto posted...
Chances are slim, you can hook up a 3TB external HDD to it already. Those cost less than $150, and if that's too high for you then you can get a cheap 250GB HDD for under $60. It would be redundant to release a higher capacity system when they can leave the cost of extra memory up to the consumer. Plus like someone stated, Nintendo doesn't really do system revamps anymore. I think outside of portables and the Wii (because of the problems with playing dual layer discs) the last system they changed just because was the NES (to a top load method). Even the N64 had a port where you could put the RAM cartridge in, but never changed the system to include that. Sony had the PS3 using WD HDD at first, but when people started messing up their systems trying to swap out the HDD's they went to the slim to try and detour that and Microsoft sold their own HDD's. If you wanted to expand your memory on the 360 you had to pay Microsoft. Nintendo is making it where it's our choice how we want to play, if you can't (or don't want to) pay for a large HDD you can still use a flash stick, those are $16 - $25 bucks for 16 to 32GB. This is the best option my comrades.

That is exactly what I was thinking, why not buy a huge external HDD? It would be cheaper and quicker than to wait for a company to bring out a better model of a system.
#17PendragoonPosted 10/23/2012 9:43:13 AM
Once it becomes more cost effective for them to increase the size of the onboard flash, then they will. Eventually 64gb will be as cheap as 32gb is now and the cost difference between them will shrink. The 8gb would be phased out and the 32 gb would take it's place as a new "Deluxe" model is released with more memory and possibly NSMBU packed in.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#18EoinPosted 10/23/2012 12:02:43 PM
Oracion-Alpha posted...
I was on about the Wii U, You said it would have multiple models from day one when really its just the same model with a colour swap and extra memory.

Yes, that makes it a different model. It's physically different (thanks to the different memory). If you'd prefer I can change that to "SKU" but that's such a boring, unfriendly term.
#19Ryan SiPosted 10/23/2012 12:12:14 PM
The Wii's online system isn't exactly robust, the need for a ton of space wasn't required for most.

Not everyone wants to or will even be aware you can use an external HDD. I'm in the loop so I know it's cheaper and not hard to use.

I assume they will come out with a new model with larger internal memory at some point, otherwise some people could be deterred when they see the small size.
---
Steam ID: Ryan_ML | PSN ID: Ryan_Si
#20koolguy5Posted 10/23/2012 12:12:19 PM
maybe in a couple years bundled with a game them, Like a SSB U Console with a SSB U game kinda thing
---
Mario rules.Period.FTLulz