Okay....so anyone who preordered from Target....

#21Reznik00Posted 11/2/2012 8:10:45 AM
I wouldn't trust target....

They had ( at the time) the newest black/grey 360 controller out, on sale, and none in stock.
I asked for a rain check, he scanned the correct tag, and it printed me the RC.
Came back two weeks later to get it, and the computer didn't recognize the RC that he gave me. The manager didn't believe me, and the guy ringing me up was the same guy who gave me the RC and he just kept saying "yep" to everything I said. Even the "don't you remember me asking for this one" question....

Target is on my list with Best Buy for worst places to either get a Preorder/Rain Check.
---
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!
#22Mindwipe77Posted 11/2/2012 8:21:44 AM
im surprised target lets you use 15% off of new consoles
---
Lightning's #1 Fan!!!
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13-3
#23hyruler461Posted 11/2/2012 7:47:34 PM
Reznik00 posted...
I wouldn't trust target....

They had ( at the time) the newest black/grey 360 controller out, on sale, and none in stock.
I asked for a rain check, he scanned the correct tag, and it printed me the RC.
Came back two weeks later to get it, and the computer didn't recognize the RC that he gave me. The manager didn't believe me, and the guy ringing me up was the same guy who gave me the RC and he just kept saying "yep" to everything I said. Even the "don't you remember me asking for this one" question....

Target is on my list with Best Buy for worst places to either get a Preorder/Rain Check.

If that was a sale in a Target ad then its usually a first come first serve (there is very tiny print in the ad that states so.) A rain check shouldn't have even worked for it. Plus I'm not sure if many of the electronics are able to get one, I know some TVs can't.
#24j2cc45Posted 11/2/2012 11:12:06 PM
Tempest_beta posted...
Wow, lots of Target team members on this board! Haha. I'll be getting my 15% off too, for sure.

same here
---
gt: thebullseye83 psn: bullseye83 wii fc : 7733 9593 3401 4921
#25TRIBALARTSPosted 11/2/2012 11:39:37 PM
sonicboom510 posted...
madpixel posted...
I always assumed, was actually told this once as well, that the reservation cards do not actually guarantee you anything at Target. If they have what your card is for you get a 5 dollar gift card for buying the card. I would be more skeptical of a reservation at Target then one at Gamestop for sure. Definitely get there early regardless of which card you got. Sure people may get the deluxes even if they have the white Wii U card.

Back when I worked for Target, I don't recall holding games for customers that pre-ordered. I don't know how pre-ordered systems are going to work. When I went to pick up my pre-ordered God of War 3, they told they were sold out (surprised me because I had the pre-order card), I had to go to guest service to check for a returned copy.

They damn well better I just spent $20 preodering 4 blacks. The fine girl told me guarantee, she also told me I was a sweetie for pre ordering games for children >=)
#26madpixelPosted 11/2/2012 11:51:59 PM
I love TARGET, I am a father of two and struggle sometimes. I gladly and willingly give target my business over Walmart, so I am not knocking Target, just skeptical about there pre order system.

I really dislike Gamestop for some of there business practices, such as selling open games as new but they have never screwed me on a preorder.
#27hyruler461Posted 11/3/2012 5:29:33 PM
TRIBALARTS posted...
sonicboom510 posted...
madpixel posted...
I always assumed, was actually told this once as well, that the reservation cards do not actually guarantee you anything at Target. If they have what your card is for you get a 5 dollar gift card for buying the card. I would be more skeptical of a reservation at Target then one at Gamestop for sure. Definitely get there early regardless of which card you got. Sure people may get the deluxes even if they have the white Wii U card.

Back when I worked for Target, I don't recall holding games for customers that pre-ordered. I don't know how pre-ordered systems are going to work. When I went to pick up my pre-ordered God of War 3, they told they were sold out (surprised me because I had the pre-order card), I had to go to guest service to check for a returned copy.

They damn well better I just spent $20 preodering 4 blacks. The fine girl told me guarantee, she also told me I was a sweetie for pre ordering games for children >=)

Well even though I pre-ordered from there, im still showing up an hour early. All they did was scan a card, so what is there to stop them from selling the system to someone else? Will it actually pop up saying (hey, someone bought a card for this, don't sell it.) Plus, I hope they actually get enough to sell (according to a rep, the number of cards they got was supposed to be the same number of consoles they getting.) So im making sure I get my system!