Anyone going Wii-U only next gen?

#311337toothbrushPosted 11/2/2012 4:25:30 PM
Nah, PC only.
---
------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/hobo2/9d2bdcda.png
#32jakestar0306Posted 11/2/2012 4:29:42 PM
I probably will. I refuse to support Sony's abominable systems anymore and Microsoft might not even make a new Xbox.
---
Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler) is one of the worst people in the gaming industry.
People who agree: 8
#33LinetrixPosted 11/2/2012 4:34:46 PM
I'll only get a Wii U if my cellphone breaks and I find myself in a sudden urge to play shovelware and casual games.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#34Enigma149Posted 11/2/2012 4:39:58 PM(edited)
Maybe.

The XBox was crap. The XBox 360 is crap. Will the XBox 720 be crap? Of course.

As for the PS4, I won't buy one at launch (unless the prices is <$450, game included), and I won't buy one at all if any of the following occur:

-PSN, or something that replaces it, is no longer free.
-There are no used games, or all used games require an online pass.
-Backwards compatibility with the PS1 and / or PS3 is removed.
-Games are download-only.
-They don't introduce a better controller and 3rd-party controllers continue to suck.

*edit*
To explain my sig, the PS3 was sold in anticipation of the drop in value PS3s would have after the PS4 is announced. If I don't get a PS4, I will buy a Super Slim PS3 after the price drops below $150, which, given the price-drops of the PS3 and inflation, should happen about 1-2 years after the PS4's release.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#35darkreyederPosted 11/2/2012 4:43:46 PM
Yup. Straight 3DS and Wii U. Looking forward to Super Smash Bros!
#36NewavePosted 11/2/2012 4:50:03 PM
Next gen? What does Wii-U have to do with the next gen?
It's the third of THIS gen after Xbox 360 and PS3, just like Wii was a very late upgrade of the CameCube for the previous gen with Dreamcast, PS2, the original GameCube and Xbox.

No, we'll just have to see what Nintendo has to offer for the next gen, but because of Wii-U it'll probably take a long time until they have anything to show at all.

Not getting a Wii-U though, I got a Wii last Yule and let's just say it sure is good at gathering dust.
Other than playing CastleVania Dracula X Rondo of Blood on Virtual Console and some old games using emulators via the homebrew channel (so I can play my old games on TV as normal but with the addition of savestates) I never touch the thing.
Wii-U's list of games haven't exactly sparked any interest so far, Zombi-U and Bayonetta 2 may turn out to be good but until I've tried the properly I will just pretend they don't exist at all, no point in wasting energy over games I can't partake in anyway, and the console itself is still not interesting to me even if it gets lots of great games all of a sudden.
I still haven't even gotten a PS3 or all the PS3 games I want yet, and that's a PLANNED purchase that I will most likely do next year as long as the Maya people are wrong and my economy allows for it, so a Wii-U purchase is even more out of the question because of that.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(4), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB, XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#37Board_hunter567Posted 11/2/2012 4:55:16 PM
The CameCube was a great system.
#38Kage_AM2Posted 11/2/2012 4:59:42 PM
I might just stick with PC next gen.
#39FFXIgaiaknightPosted 11/2/2012 5:01:06 PM
yea wiiu will be my only next gen system this time around.
---
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
3DS FC : 4124 - 5007 - 1536
#40Dark_AbaddonPosted 11/2/2012 5:11:30 PM
This is a difficult question to answer without knowing about the other console or what games are on the horizon for them.

If I see no reason to buy other consoles, I will just continue playing my Wii U and 3DS, and be only Nintendo this gen. Nintendo has the only console exclusives I know I will really like (with the exception of stuff like Halo with friends, but I can use their Xbox lol).

The way Sony is treating the Vita right now also worries me (as the Vita is doing worse than most Nintendo fanboys would have predicted it doing)... I am worried they may pull something like that with the PS4 if it sells poorly initially.

tl;dr
Wii U: yes; Xbox 720: maybe; PS4: Sony would have to do a very good job to make me want it
---
Me: my posts, now with 100% more signature
Hades: I liked it better when your posts had 100% less signature...