Anyone going Wii-U only next gen?

#51Rasputin77Posted 11/2/2012 4:34:54 PM(edited)
If you save smart 77, (and shop s-mart?), you'll have no problem. I don't buy MS, and the PS4 is a ways off. I have savings accounts set up to chip away at my main account, and you wind up with hundreds before you know it.

Invest in what you love. I've been a gamer since 1983, so... I make the sacrifice. :)

I've also learned that I buy way more games than I have time to manage. Learning and correcting little things like that can also help pad the pockets.
---
Best POTD EVER: "I live with my parents" = 52.03%
Oh, I'm a jerk... but I'm a jerk to jerks, so it's cool. ;)
#52IKnowGameFuPosted 11/2/2012 4:34:34 PM
ashcrv posted...
Me. I hate the PS4 rumors and Sony forcing 3D and 4k and who knows what on us and I don't trust Microsoft anymore.

You can't force 3D on someone. It's a feature. Either you use it or you don't. Same with 4K. What difference does it make?
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#53PG50Posted 11/2/2012 4:39:54 PM
Getting a Wii-U for sure, for Nintendo games, and any 3rd party games that come with it. Not sure about another console yet, may just stick with Wii-U and PC. It will depend on the price and exclusives for the NextBox/PS4. I may purchase one later in their lifecycle if they've got enough exclusives I want, and the price is lower.
#54km1llzPosted 11/2/2012 4:42:27 PM
Possibly only Wii-U, though I may be getting Microsofts next system as well.
#55oxnerdPosted 11/2/2012 4:43:09 PM
With this gen, I just slowly got all the consoles according to when they were released. A game is a game regardless of what console. I'll probably do the same with the new gen.
#56vejetaPosted 11/2/2012 4:49:24 PM
I have loads of PS3 and portable games I have yet to play so im going Wii U only next gen.

PS4 feels like its coming a bit too early for me and I dont need XBox.

Have enough PS3 games to last me years easily.
---
SSBB FC: 0302 - 1298 - 2022 Name: Jab
PSN: Jab_187
#57jakestar0306Posted 11/2/2012 4:53:31 PM
Newave posted...
Next gen? What does Wii-U have to do with the next gen?
It's the third of THIS gen after Xbox 360 and PS3, just like Wii was a very late upgrade of the CameCube for the previous gen with Dreamcast, PS2, the original GameCube and Xbox.

Lol, denial much?
---
Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler) is one of the worst people in the gaming industry.
People who agree: 8
#58Omega_BlackPosted 11/2/2012 4:58:19 PM
lol Hell no.
If the prices of Xbox Next and PS4 are to my liking at launch, I'm buying.
If not, I will simply wait until the inevitable price drops.

I love me some Nintendo, but not enough to stay with it exclusively through an entire generation.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#59Gamer0561Posted 11/2/2012 5:03:10 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
Newave posted...
Next gen? What does Wii-U have to do with the next gen?
It's the third of THIS gen after Xbox 360 and PS3, just like Wii was a very late upgrade of the CameCube for the previous gen with Dreamcast, PS2, the original GameCube and Xbox.

Lol, denial much?

Somewhere, somehow during the transition of sixth generation to seventh generation; the next generation was no longer the next in series of consoles, but tied to graphics power. Many Sony and Microsoft fans tried and seemingly effectively denounced the Wii as Seventh generation or "next-gen" during the sixth generation. Leaving the Wii in a weird Limbo generation of its own or mixed into 6th along with the GameCube I guess.

Now the Wii U is seventh generation while the NextBox and PS4 is Eighth, at least according to these same people.
---
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanHater
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HateDumb
#60LesserAngelPosted 11/2/2012 5:08:17 PM
Depending on the prices of the consoles and my financial situation, I might not be getting ANY of the next gen systems.