Name one positive of the Wii U and one negative

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Name one positive of the Wii U and one negative

User Info: AwesomeOSauce

AwesomeOSauce
4 years ago#41
Pros New Nintendo console! = new Nintendo AAA games.

CONS Bad online network most likely and poor 3rd party support.
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^

User Info: Icecreamdunwich

Icecreamdunwich
4 years ago#42
Melkac posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Good luck with what? Not using a Wii U pad? Not really difficult according to users on this board, I should be able to use a Pro Pad and have it last '50 hours on a single charge" due to the lack of Rumble.

Don't forget a lot of games will use the GamePad intensively.

Go figure.

There will be options to not use it, hell look at ZombiU: most extensive use and even it allows you to use a Wii remote.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: Linetrix

Linetrix
4 years ago#43
Pro: With so many cons and no hype it will be easy to impress.

Con: Well, everything. Terrible controller with a pathetic battery life. Too many different controllers. No 3rd party support. No online. HDD space is also pathetic. Too expensive for such ancient tech it offers.
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation

User Info: mistermerk

mistermerk
4 years ago#44
Pros:

- Nintendo first-party games in HD

- Wii U GamePad potential innovative gameplay

- increased third-party support over the Wii

Cons:

- Current gen graphics/power

- Online functionalities will lag behind the 720/Ps4

- Not as much third-party support as the other consoles.

User Info: cvmckenzie

cvmckenzie
4 years ago#45
Pro: new nintendo console promises great first party support AND REAL third party support.

Con: new influx of dudebro gamers promise to complain about nintendo titles not having enough blood and tit physics to be hardcore AAA games.

It's a fair trade for me only having to have one console this gen. I always like most of the nintendo stuff a lot, but i'm mostly excited because i can get the proper versions of cod, nfs, aliens and the like while also getting added features through the gamepad and off tv play.

I know bethesda, thq and taketwo havent come around yet, but most everyone else has jumped on board with nintendo and thats a nice change of pace when compared to the dumbed down railshooters that made owning a 360 or ps3 almost mandatory this gen.
Modern Gamers are whiney, over-sensitive casuals that THINK
they're hardcore AND smart. It's true: They're like GFAQS mods.

User Info: ajko000

ajko000
4 years ago#46
Positive: Pikmin 3!!!! And other great new titles that Nintendo doesn't ruin (hopefully). Unfortunately the software is the only thing I'm looking forward to.

Negative: It's overpriced, terribly designed, and might as well just be an add-on to the Wii, rather than an oversized controller.
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.

User Info: Dasendrix

Dasendrix
4 years ago#47
Just to prove that I'm not a troll, let's have a civil discussion on pros and flaws of the console.

Pro: Nintendo games in HD, finally!
Con: None of the controller options are 'good' in my opinion.
Wii Remote: poor
Classic Controller Pro: Decent
Pro Pad: Very poor button and analog placement
Contrablet: Same problems as the Pro pad with the added problem of having a wide controller

Discuss and propose, I will not be responding to trolls however.

Have you tried the controllers? Because the WiiU Gamepad is VERY comfortable and surprisingly light. I haven't got my hands on the Pro pad though, but it seemed at least as comfy than the gamepad.

User Info: sonicfanaticjtb

sonicfanaticjtb
4 years ago#48
Sakurafanboy posted...
Pro: Since people are comparing it to the DS, that means it'll have an excellent library of games!

Con: ...There's a chance Nintendo will slip too much into the FPS market...):

'FPS' games can be fun, just because a game has a first person view and you can shoot doesn't mean it's bad. Examples:

System Shock 2
Bioshock
Dishonored
Deus Ex
Deus Ex Human Revolution

I think Nintendo will make a good first party FPS game eventually, the market is there. I just don't like them on consoles.

Reggie has stated that Nintendo's developers don't really care for making, "Mature" games, so I wouldn't expect Ninty to make a FPS any time soon (which is great for me. The only shooters I like are found in arcades or are on rails. In other words, stuff like Galaga and Star Fox ) Anyways.

Pro - It's a Nintendo console. I haven't been disappointed with 'em before (closest was N64 ), don't expect to be disappointed now.

Con - It wasn't called the Super Wii Nintedo Entertainment System (Super Wii for short )
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?

User Info: Trinity11191

Trinity11191
4 years ago#49
Yeah, they had a WiiU hooked up at a local Gamestop and I got to play a Rayman Legends demo

Needless to say, the controller is very comfortable in your grip and is surprisingly light.

I've never played a Rayman game, but I was, frankly, blown away by the crisp, smooth, colorful graphics and play style.

I got addicted to it after one use, kind of like crack.

User Info: SullyTheStrange

SullyTheStrange
4 years ago#50
At least this a troll tactic I haven't seen recently. Get them to post good and bad, only agree with and reinforce the bad... you basically got em to troll for you. More subtle than your usual game.
All's fair in love and war, kid.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Name one positive of the Wii U and one negative

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived