What Game Series Could Survive With An M Rating?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What Game Series Could Survive With An M Rating?

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
4 years ago#11
Virus66 posted...
Why do people correlate M-rating to "BEWBS!!!"? An M-rating will likely just include more blood/violence/language

don't forget sex

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
4 years ago#12
Depends what you mean by "survive" I would knock out the likes of Mario, Kirby, and Zelda right away since I'm sure they would see a sugnifficant decline in sales. I think Metroid would "survive" with an M-rating. Games like Fire Emblem and Mother I don't think would be affected. I think those fanbases would buy the games regardless of rating.

User Info: Sakurafanboy

Sakurafanboy
4 years ago#13
PsychoticNess posted...
Metroid, so we could finally see her t***

...That's not M, that's AO+.
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!

User Info: hudde814

hudde814
4 years ago#14
I could see pokemon with an M-Rating. I mean, they fight a lot, so add some blood to it and, boom M-Rating!

User Info: Transdude

Transdude
4 years ago#15
Sakurafanboy posted...
PsychoticNess posted...
Metroid, so we could finally see her t***

...That's not M, that's AO+.

Do you remember seeing the gameplay of Far Cry 3 at E3. The girl was topless. You could see everything.

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
4 years ago#16
Trippinhippie22 posted...
Fire emblem, Zelda, metroid and maybe starfox. I mean most parents buy M games for kids who are older than 12. If you own an Xbox or ps3 then you know what I'm talking about.

No.
Official Chocolate-Vanilla Swirl of the IDF
3DS Friend Code: 3952 7063 6906

User Info: OrangeCrush980

OrangeCrush980
4 years ago#17
Fly Embalming
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality

User Info: Trippinhippie22

Trippinhippie22
4 years ago#18
Jakerific44 posted...
Trippinhippie22 posted...
Fire emblem, Zelda, metroid and maybe starfox. I mean most parents buy M games for kids who are older than 12. If you own an Xbox or ps3 then you know what I'm talking about.

No.

What an elegant rebuttal...

User Info: BluntGrunt

BluntGrunt
4 years ago#19
M rating doesn't automatically mean more boobs.

Anyway, let's see:
Mario - Definitely not. Violence and gore wouldn't fit the style of these games, let alone anything else.
Zelda - Maybe. I could definitely see a more mature Zelda doing rather well, if done right.
Metroid - Yes. I think it would be just fine.
Star Fox - Maybe. Kind of same as with Zelda. If done right, it could definitely survive and do well. They would need to re-design the characters again and that could actually be one of the good things. Add a darker, serious story and tone to the game and there you go. But take it too far and there goes the series. Especially considering Krystal and stuff revolving around her...
Pokemon - Probably not. Some people might whine and complain that the games are too kiddy now, but if it turned into M-rating a lot of people would be furious.
Kirby - Definitely not. Same as with Mario. Just wouldn't fit the cartoony world.
Fire Emblem - Maybe.
Sonic The Hedgehog - Well, Shadow the Hedgehog kinda tried to go in that direction somewhat and failed horribly. No.
F-Zero - It's a racing game. What's there to do? Put boobs everywhere? If anything, it would destroy the series completely.
EarthBound - Sure.

So, in the end I have to go with Metroid. Seems like the only series that could pull it off and not change too much.
?????

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
4 years ago#20
metroid i gues....

but i dont wnat any of them to go M rated as that would likely make them LESS mature
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What Game Series Could Survive With An M Rating?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived