What Game Series Could Survive With An M Rating?

#11YoyokuKOPosted 11/3/2012 2:40:38 PM
Virus66 posted...
Why do people correlate M-rating to "BEWBS!!!"? An M-rating will likely just include more blood/violence/language

don't forget sex
#12Jack_the_monke7Posted 11/3/2012 2:44:24 PM
Depends what you mean by "survive" I would knock out the likes of Mario, Kirby, and Zelda right away since I'm sure they would see a sugnifficant decline in sales. I think Metroid would "survive" with an M-rating. Games like Fire Emblem and Mother I don't think would be affected. I think those fanbases would buy the games regardless of rating.
#13SakurafanboyPosted 11/3/2012 2:45:54 PM
PsychoticNess posted...
Metroid, so we could finally see her t***

...That's not M, that's AO+.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#14hudde814Posted 11/3/2012 2:46:57 PM
I could see pokemon with an M-Rating. I mean, they fight a lot, so add some blood to it and, boom M-Rating!
#15Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 2:47:56 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
PsychoticNess posted...
Metroid, so we could finally see her t***

...That's not M, that's AO+.

Do you remember seeing the gameplay of Far Cry 3 at E3. The girl was topless. You could see everything.
#16Jakerific44Posted 11/3/2012 2:48:11 PM
Trippinhippie22 posted...
Fire emblem, Zelda, metroid and maybe starfox. I mean most parents buy M games for kids who are older than 12. If you own an Xbox or ps3 then you know what I'm talking about.

No.
---
Official Chocolate-Vanilla Swirl of the IDF
3DS Friend Code: 3952 7063 6906
#17OrangeCrush980Posted 11/3/2012 2:49:26 PM
Fly Embalming
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#18Trippinhippie22Posted 11/3/2012 2:57:45 PM
Jakerific44 posted...
Trippinhippie22 posted...
Fire emblem, Zelda, metroid and maybe starfox. I mean most parents buy M games for kids who are older than 12. If you own an Xbox or ps3 then you know what I'm talking about.

No.

What an elegant rebuttal...
#19BluntGruntPosted 11/3/2012 2:58:59 PM
M rating doesn't automatically mean more boobs.

Anyway, let's see:
Mario - Definitely not. Violence and gore wouldn't fit the style of these games, let alone anything else.
Zelda - Maybe. I could definitely see a more mature Zelda doing rather well, if done right.
Metroid - Yes. I think it would be just fine.
Star Fox - Maybe. Kind of same as with Zelda. If done right, it could definitely survive and do well. They would need to re-design the characters again and that could actually be one of the good things. Add a darker, serious story and tone to the game and there you go. But take it too far and there goes the series. Especially considering Krystal and stuff revolving around her...
Pokemon - Probably not. Some people might whine and complain that the games are too kiddy now, but if it turned into M-rating a lot of people would be furious.
Kirby - Definitely not. Same as with Mario. Just wouldn't fit the cartoony world.
Fire Emblem - Maybe.
Sonic The Hedgehog - Well, Shadow the Hedgehog kinda tried to go in that direction somewhat and failed horribly. No.
F-Zero - It's a racing game. What's there to do? Put boobs everywhere? If anything, it would destroy the series completely.
EarthBound - Sure.

So, in the end I have to go with Metroid. Seems like the only series that could pull it off and not change too much.
---
?????
#20AceMosPosted 11/3/2012 3:01:50 PM
metroid i gues....

but i dont wnat any of them to go M rated as that would likely make them LESS mature
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*