What Game Series Could Survive With An M Rating?

#21YoyokuKOPosted 11/3/2012 3:03:12 PM
AceMos posted...
metroid i gues....

but i dont wnat any of them to go M rated as that would likely make them LESS mature

i agree, but boobs man.
BOOBS

...okay, i'm done
#22AccrovideogamesPosted 11/3/2012 3:05:37 PM
Trippinhippie22 posted...
Fire emblem, Zelda, metroid and maybe starfox. I mean most parents buy M games for kids who are older than 12. If you own an Xbox or ps3 then you know what I'm talking about.

Older than 12? You're exaggerating, parents buy M rated games for their kids all the time when they're younger than 12. I see it all the time, back in the day I've seen elementary school kids play Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day (despite the obvious warning on the box saying that it's not a game for children) and Resident Evil. These days the little kids play Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto (I'm dead serious) and Mortal Kombat (they did in the past too but it was censored on the SNES). I even remember playing Mortal Kombat on the SNES when I wasn't even old enough for the kindergarten, it was really popular at my babysitter's house.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#23Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 3:12:20 PM
BluntGrunt posted...

F-Zero - It's a racing game. What's there to do? Put boobs everywhere? If anything, it would destroy the series completely..

They could try making it like Carmageddon or something.
#24SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/3/2012 3:16:44 PM
lol it doesn't even take much to get an M rating

Blood, swearing, violence and/or sexual themes

Metroid and Zelda can get away with it. The Great Fairy in Zelda games looks like she'd let Link hit it.
#25BluntGruntPosted 11/3/2012 3:17:36 PM
Transdude posted...
BluntGrunt posted...

F-Zero - It's a racing game. What's there to do? Put boobs everywhere? If anything, it would destroy the series completely..

Maybe so. Still, I don't think it would do the series good. Even though I liked Carmageddon. It just wouldn't feel right to me.
---
?????
#26Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 3:20:02 PM
BluntGrunt posted...
Transdude posted...
BluntGrunt posted...

Maybe so. Still, I don't think it would do the series good. Even though I liked Carmageddon. It just wouldn't feel right to me.

Did you know that they're making another Carmageddon game? Look it up.
#27BluntGruntPosted 11/3/2012 3:26:01 PM
Transdude posted...
Did you know that they're making another Carmageddon game? Look it up.

Yeah, I know. The one that's supposedly coming out next year.
---
?????
#28libatakoPosted 11/3/2012 3:26:10 PM
M rating!?

Australia would have an aneurysm
---
psn/xbl= libatako
@(> , <)@
#29guedesbrawlPosted 11/3/2012 3:31:49 PM
it really depends on what exactly made it deserve them rating.

overall,i think fire emblem and metroid could handle that,zelda too.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#30ashcrvPosted 11/3/2012 3:43:39 PM(edited)
All of them could. Just make a character show their bare ass a few times and there ya go. M rating guaranteed.
Edit: Whoops. Typos.