NSMBU confirmed to be bad

#41lanifPosted 11/5/2012 9:01:27 AM
the snes is amazing still play it to this day and have started collecting japanese games for it on the cheap
#42TrueBlue91Posted 11/5/2012 9:04:51 AM
LHS_2012 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
jjg737 posted...
Steve__Burnside posted...
*facepalm

8.2 generally means great. Anything below 5 is considered bad. 5 - 7 is mediocre or average

8.2 means good,9.0+ means great.

No, 7 is good, 8 is great, 9+ is amazing. Most reviewers don't use the full 1-10 scale though - a 5/10 game is treated like a 2/10 game should be, when it is merely below average (average being 6)

Average is definitely 7. Most reviewers score like a professor would grade a paper, with 9+ being excellent, 8+ being above average, 7+ being average, 6+ being below average and 5 or below being failing. Reviewers don't use the full ten point scale because games usually aren't that awful.

/ / / / / / / / / /
--------^
7 is here.

It's too high to be merely average imo. And 5 and below seems redundant on the scale. I know games 'usually aren't that awful', but that logic should maybe apply up to 3 on the scale, not HALF the freaking scale.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#43LHS_2012Posted 11/5/2012 9:07:23 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
LHS_2012 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
jjg737 posted...
*facepalm

8.2 generally means great. Anything below 5 is considered bad. 5 - 7 is mediocre or average

No, 7 is good, 8 is great, 9+ is amazing. Most reviewers don't use the full 1-10 scale though - a 5/10 game is treated like a 2/10 game should be, when it is merely below average (average being 6)

Average is definitely 7. Most reviewers score like a professor would grade a paper, with 9+ being excellent, 8+ being above average, 7+ being average, 6+ being below average and 5 or below being failing. Reviewers don't use the full ten point scale because games usually aren't that awful.

Which makes it foolish to use a scaling system like that. If you're not going to utilize the entire system then you're using something completely inefficient. There's no reason to have over 50% of your own methods be useless.

It isn't useless. 1 and 2 out of 10 games exist, and they're notably worse than 5/10 games. They're just extremely uncommon because either
a. It takes a lot for a game to be that bad or
b. Most reviewers only review shovelware as a joke

I think it's counter-intuitive to curve review scores lower simply to use the full scale. Reviews are meant to be used as a reference for how good the game is, not necessarily how they compare to the best. Take Duke Nukem forever: off the top of my head it's averaging around a 5/10, but should it be a 2/10 simply because it's one of the lower rated releases of last year? I don't think so, because even though it's a bad game it has enough redeeming qualities that should get some recognition.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#44cavebear56Posted 11/5/2012 9:07:57 AM
*looks at AC3*

Ouch 85?!

Must be a horrible game, so bad that it causes head trauma at how aweful it is.

If it can't even hit 97 it's absolute garbage.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#45Beatperson14Posted 11/5/2012 9:09:28 AM
cavebear56 posted...
*looks at AC3*

Ouch 85?!

It -is- a bad game, 'awful' even
---
MODS=FAQS
#46AXKSIONPosted 11/5/2012 9:11:50 AM
cavebear56 posted...
*looks at AC3*

Ouch 85?!

Well, to be fair, the Ass series sure is s****y garbage.
---
The song is called "Baba O' Riley", NOT "Teenage Wasteland".
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#47pikachupwnagePosted 11/5/2012 9:11:51 AM
JonnyBigBoss posted...
Does anyone not realize that no console has ever released with a true AAA title? It takes years to finally see high quality games with 90+ scores.

N64 had super mario 64.
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#48LHS_2012Posted 11/5/2012 9:12:30 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
LHS_2012 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
jjg737 posted...
*facepalm

/ / / / / / / / / /
--------^
7 is here.

It's too high to be merely average imo. And 5 and below seems redundant on the scale. I know games 'usually aren't that awful', but that logic should maybe apply up to 3 on the scale, not HALF the freaking scale.

It's average because it's meant to be the most recurring score. Look at it this way:
If you have ten games, each scoring somewhere between 1-10 with none having the same score as another, then yea 7 is above average. But let's say you have 10 games and 5 of them are 7s, 2 are 8s, 1 is 9, and the last two are 4s, the average is 6.8. There isn't an even distribution of scores in real life, so the average wouldn't be in the middle.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#49pikachupwnagePosted 11/5/2012 9:12:46 AM
AXKSION posted...
Well, it isn't called New Super Casual Rehashed Bros for nothing.

Trololol
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#50cavebear56Posted 11/5/2012 9:18:19 AM(edited)
Beatperson14 posted...
It -is- a bad game, 'awful' even

Really? Bit disappointing to hear as I liked the concept and idea of it.

I played 2 and was bored to tears with it...plus that Indiana Jones like story.

Love it if someone made a Revolutionary War horror game on a completely unrelated note.

AXKSION posted...
Well, to be fair, the Ass series sure is s****y garbage.

Something we agree on.

Edit: though my post was more or less a jab that if something isn't almost a perfect game widely accepted, then it must be trash, rather than actually looking at the game (over a completely arbitrary number).
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.