Skyward Sword > Skyrim, didn't need 2 gigs of ram OR HD Graphics!

#101JKatarnPosted 11/6/2012 3:37:16 PM
bensybob posted...
I swear this bug talk is all absolute bull or I'm just really lucky, I had Skyrim since launch on the PS3 and I've sunk hundreds of hours in across about 4 different characters, I honest to god don't think I ever have encountered a glitch or bug, I've frozen once or twice but no glitches, its one of my favourite games!
Also with Oblivion on PS3 I had no glitches but that was the GotY edition which I got in 2010, albeit second hand, though they would have patched it then.
Haven't played SS but I have played most other Zeldas, they're completely different beasts that can't really be compared!

I think the people who complain the loudest are the people playing on the PC with mods loaded. I've put a decent number of hours into the PC version with no mods (other than the official HD texture pack) and have yet to encounter any bugs. I'm sure there are random bugs here and there but they are being blown way out of proportion by this community,
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#102TrueBlue91Posted 11/6/2012 3:40:55 PM
JKatarn posted...
I'm sure there are random bugs here and there but they are being blown way out of proportion by this community,

I think it's more to do with people (Nintendo fanboys in this case) jumping on the bandwagon. I haven't played Skyrim, but I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and call it out for bugs, because it's not fair.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#103JKatarnPosted 11/6/2012 3:46:56 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
JKatarn posted...
I'm sure there are random bugs here and there but they are being blown way out of proportion by this community,

I think it's more to do with people (Nintendo fanboys in this case) jumping on the bandwagon. I haven't played Skyrim, but I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and call it out for bugs, because it's not fair.

Well, I'm sure there are bugs here and there in certain circumstances as there are bound to be in such a large and complex game, but they are nowhere near as prevalent or game breaking as some people would have you believe.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#104Solid_SOAPPosted 11/6/2012 3:47:22 PM
I have played Skyrim for roughly a year and I don't think I've come across any memorable bugs, if any at all.
#105DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/6/2012 3:54:36 PM
JKatarn posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
JKatarn posted...

Well, I'm sure there are bugs here and there in certain circumstances as there are bound to be in such a large and complex game, but they are nowhere near as prevalent or game breaking as some people would have you believe.

EarthViper is a great example of such people. One second he says the game is unplayable, the next second he pretends he draws this conclusion from a long history of wRPG gaming. Now I've asked him what comparable games are polished and not broken and he doesn't say a word.

Bethesda, for its size and scope, is an extremely polished developer. Has no one played Gothic, Never Winter Nights or Vampire Masquerade? These games give you much less content and far less interactivity on a much smaller scale yet are even MORE bugged.

When you go back to the 2D isometric games, it just gets even worse...

Console gamers get their first whiff of a real wRPG and they think they know everything now.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#106TrueBlue91Posted 11/6/2012 4:00:28 PM
And, lest we forget, Skyward Sword had its own gamebreaking bug, despiting it not being a particularly massive game.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#107SkyCrackersPosted 11/6/2012 5:16:09 PM(edited)
I don't know. Skyward Sword's gameplay is undoubtedly much more polished, varied, and unique than Skyrim's, but Skyrim is so large and detailed with so much to do, and has so much freedom, and it completely blows Zelda away in that respect. They're quite hard to compare actually. I had more fun with SS, and like it more, too, but Skyrim offers many more hours of gameplay, which may make it a better value.

Also, I've never encountered any serious bugs while playing Skyrim.
#108The_Skree_KingPosted 11/6/2012 5:43:07 PM
JKatarn posted...
bensybob posted...
I swear this bug talk is all absolute bull or I'm just really lucky, I had Skyrim since launch on the PS3 and I've sunk hundreds of hours in across about 4 different characters, I honest to god don't think I ever have encountered a glitch or bug, I've frozen once or twice but no glitches, its one of my favourite games!
Also with Oblivion on PS3 I had no glitches but that was the GotY edition which I got in 2010, albeit second hand, though they would have patched it then.
Haven't played SS but I have played most other Zeldas, they're completely different beasts that can't really be compared!

I think the people who complain the loudest are the people playing on the PC with mods loaded. I've put a decent number of hours into the PC version with no mods (other than the official HD texture pack) and have yet to encounter any bugs. I'm sure there are random bugs here and there but they are being blown way out of proportion by this community,

Hmm, yes. Those of us who played Skyrim and experienced a buggy, glitchy mess are clearly blowing our problems out of proportion just because you didn't find anything significantly broken.
I played STALKER and didn't find any bugs, so clearly that game is a shining beacon of polish and play-testing.
Good for you if you didn't have your game crash three or more times an hour, be unable to complete several quests due to them not updating, and miss large chunks of content because the NPC quest giver didn't spawn, but there are a lot of people who did. Just because you're lucky does not mean Bethesda aren't mediocre programmers who release products several months early and use people who buy at launch for cheap QA testing.
#109DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/6/2012 10:24:23 PM
The_Skree_King posted...
JKatarn posted...
bensybob posted...

Hmm, yes. Those of us who played Skyrim and experienced a buggy, glitchy mess are clearly blowing our problems out of proportion just because you didn't find anything significantly broken.
I played STALKER and didn't find any bugs, so clearly that game is a shining beacon of polish and play-testing.
Good for you if you didn't have your game crash three or more times an hour, be unable to complete several quests due to them not updating, and miss large chunks of content because the NPC quest giver didn't spawn, but there are a lot of people who did. Just because you're lucky does not mean Bethesda aren't mediocre programmers who release products several months early and use people who buy at launch for cheap QA testing.

Except the people like you, who claim Bethesda are mediocre programmers often have zero counter examples, which is why this is mostly a bandwagon argument of ignorant console gamers who thinks Zelda is epic because it can create polished gameplay and believe its even remotely comparable to exploring the world of a true wRPG.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#110Metal_MercenaryPosted 11/7/2012 2:00:00 AM
Skyrim's bugs are massively overstated by its detractors. From the way Nintendo fans have gone on about it in this topic, you'd think the disc fell apart in your hands. I've played about 20 hours of Skyrim and encountered maybe a couple of minor scripting bugs with NPCs. Considering it's such a huge game, I'm surprised it runs so well. Glitches and bugs are absolutely impossible to avoid, not least in Skyrim.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3