Skyward Sword > Skyrim, didn't need 2 gigs of ram OR HD Graphics!

#111FoppePosted 11/7/2012 4:08:53 AM
The PS3 version of Skyrim had big problems with lag.
The official forum was filled with topics about it and bigger game-related websites wrote articles about it, so we can't deny that it existed.
They also introduced a PS3-exclusive glitch that would crash your game if you went underwater with Patch... I think it was 1.5. Unlike the PS3-exclusive "can't cure vampirism in Oblivion GOTY" glitch, they actually fixed it.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#112OmegaPillowPosted 11/7/2012 4:10:32 AM
Metal_Mercenary posted...
Skyrim's bugs are massively overstated by its detractors. From the way Nintendo fans have gone on about it in this topic, you'd think the disc fell apart in your hands. I've played about 20 hours of Skyrim and encountered maybe a couple of minor scripting bugs with NPCs. Considering it's such a huge game, I'm surprised it runs so well. Glitches and bugs are absolutely impossible to avoid, not least in Skyrim.

Same
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#113InfernislePosted 11/7/2012 4:12:51 AM
JKatarn posted...
bensybob posted...
I swear this bug talk is all absolute bull or I'm just really lucky, I had Skyrim since launch on the PS3 and I've sunk hundreds of hours in across about 4 different characters, I honest to god don't think I ever have encountered a glitch or bug, I've frozen once or twice but no glitches, its one of my favourite games!
Also with Oblivion on PS3 I had no glitches but that was the GotY edition which I got in 2010, albeit second hand, though they would have patched it then.
Haven't played SS but I have played most other Zeldas, they're completely different beasts that can't really be compared!

I think the people who complain the loudest are the people playing on the PC with mods loaded. I've put a decent number of hours into the PC version with no mods (other than the official HD texture pack) and have yet to encounter any bugs. I'm sure there are random bugs here and there but they are being blown way out of proportion by this community,

I'm going on record saying that I modded my Skyrim to hell and back from bug fixes to turning all my dragons into Randy Savage, and my experience was predominantly positive with most of the pre-packaged bugs getting FIXED through modding. TL;DR, if any main Elder Scrolls game after Daggerfall is running less than 10 mods at any given time, you're doing it wrong.
#114The_DjokerPosted 11/7/2012 4:33:12 AM
Skyward Sword was probably one of the worst 3D zeldas so no.
---
http://s16.postimage.org/n9cmvufj7/Kagawa_djoker.png
#115FoppePosted 11/7/2012 5:09:22 AM
Infernisle posted...
JKatarn posted...
bensybob posted...
I swear this bug talk is all absolute bull or I'm just really lucky, I had Skyrim since launch on the PS3 and I've sunk hundreds of hours in across about 4 different characters, I honest to god don't think I ever have encountered a glitch or bug, I've frozen once or twice but no glitches, its one of my favourite games!
Also with Oblivion on PS3 I had no glitches but that was the GotY edition which I got in 2010, albeit second hand, though they would have patched it then.
Haven't played SS but I have played most other Zeldas, they're completely different beasts that can't really be compared!

I think the people who complain the loudest are the people playing on the PC with mods loaded. I've put a decent number of hours into the PC version with no mods (other than the official HD texture pack) and have yet to encounter any bugs. I'm sure there are random bugs here and there but they are being blown way out of proportion by this community,

I'm going on record saying that I modded my Skyrim to hell and back from bug fixes to turning all my dragons into Randy Savage, and my experience was predominantly positive with most of the pre-packaged bugs getting FIXED through modding. TL;DR, if any main Elder Scrolls game after Daggerfall is running less than 10 mods at any given time, you're doing it wrong.

To be honest, Daggerfall is a mess as well. The difference is that fans have included everything in 2-3 packages for Daggerfall.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#116ToastyToastyPosted 11/7/2012 8:09:45 AM
Skyrim isn't the best RPG, it isn't the best WRPG, it's not even the best TES.

In other words, SS is good, but it's not hard to be better than Skyrim.
#117gumbyxcore99Posted 11/7/2012 8:56:13 AM
there hasnt been a good zelda game since link to the past
#118Sevi_neyPosted 11/7/2012 9:37:48 AM
Skyward was so disappointing

Zelda on 3DS sucks now also.
---
Nostalgia --> http://imageshack.us/a/img845/4495/ponglol.jpg
(+.[___].+)
#119Bondo_6464Posted 11/7/2012 10:57:41 AM
I would kind of judge it by the time spent playing the game, for Zelda its about 24 hours in game time to complete the main story and the gratitude crystals. Skyrim, and all the other Elder Scrolls games, well you can end up putting 100+ hours, then start a brand new guy who specializes in something different (moreso for ES:1-4)

Storytelling is a whole different ball game. Zelda games almost always have a compelling story that keeps you engaged, but ES is a bit lacking, (especially Skyrim's blink-of-an-eye main questline) and usually end up with you creating/finding your own fun.

TL;DR

Zelda for quick burst engrossing entertainment

Skyrim for Immersive, long lasting, entertainment, but its more up to you to have your own fun

(Zelda is not in Google Chrome's dictionary)
---
Crom...
#120iloveheavyrain(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 12:22:47 PM
Bondo, such a liar. Zelda SS took well close to 100 hours to complete. So easy though to lie and said you did it in 24! Not even with a manual could you do it in 24hours. Just watch the content and playing through all the levels without dying would be at least 40 hours. Nice try with the lie though!