Skyward Sword > Skyrim, didn't need 2 gigs of ram OR HD Graphics!

#21strife14467Posted 11/5/2012 11:13:25 PM
I really enjoy the games Bethesda makes, however I would rather play Zelda. The one major reason is all of the problems with pretty much every game Bethesda has ever made. Not really sure how people can ignore the lag and freezing that most of their games seem to have, but for me that really drags down the fun factor. They're fun games, but they just seem to rush them out without fixing the problems.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and XBOX
#22ManuKesnaPosted 11/5/2012 11:15:03 PM
skyward sword is the only zelda game that i havent finished, i thought it was bad =/
Skyrim is ok, dont know why everyone hype the game that much but imo is better than skyward sword
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#23InfernislePosted 11/5/2012 11:15:53 PM
Okay, they aren't even remotely similar and especially not close enough to warrant anything resembling a comparison.

Hell, Skyrim is my least favorite Elder Scrolls so far, Morrowind being my favorite. Morrowind is my favorite game of all time in fact.

That said, I don't get why people like Skyward Sword so much either. Something about it just didn't sit right with me. It just isn't quite as good as Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask or Windwaker or Twilight Princess. . .

Nintendo fanboys are just as bad as every other type of fanboy. Instead of drawing pointless comparisons for the sake of pissing people off, how about you try using the internet again once you learn how to properly interact with people.
#24faramir77Posted 11/5/2012 11:20:25 PM
If that is Bethesda actually trying, I would hate to see what would happen if they phoned it in...

Either way, it says more about Nintendo than Bethesda.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk
-- Defeating the Running Man of Ocarina of Time in a race since 01/17/2009. --
#25PendragoonPosted 11/5/2012 11:32:48 PM
faramir77 posted...
If that is Bethesda actually trying, I would hate to see what would happen if they phoned it in...

Either way, it says more about Nintendo than Bethesda.

Considering that Skyward Sword is my favorite of the 3D Zelda games, it does say a lot. It is the first in the series that felt like a proper 3D portrayal of the 2D games. It was also the first Zelda game with a plot that actually got you to care about Zelda and want to find her.

Skyrim should have been delayed 6-8 months on PC and 360, and the PS3 version should have never released. It was a joke with how broken the game was when shipped. I truly feel for those without highspeed to get patches. Bethesda sucks at coding and bug testing, and they don't care about those buying their games, Skyrim is proof of that.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#26iloveheavyrain(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 11:47:50 PM
" but you can't really compare them as they are in different genres."

So silly. I did compare. I will compare. And they are very similar in many ways.

SS is an amazing game. 10/10
#27Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 11/5/2012 11:49:03 PM
iloveheavyrain posted...
True story. Ya, ya. True.

Zelda Wii U will blow any boring, randomized, button mashing RPG out of the water!

Each game has it's own merits and negatives. However, somethings cannon be disputed, such as Skyrim having FAR more to do, and because of that, it is more varied and open ended. Whether that makes it more or less fun is opinion, but it certainly is not a bad game by any means.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#28FlyinTonitePosted 11/5/2012 11:51:52 PM
Lord_of_BeefDip posted...
iloveheavyrain posted...
True story. Ya, ya. True.

Zelda Wii U will blow any boring, randomized, button mashing RPG out of the water!

Each game has it's own merits and negatives. However, somethings cannon be disputed, such as Skyrim having FAR more to do, and because of that, it is more varied and open ended. Whether that makes it more or less fun is opinion, but it certainly is not a bad game by any means.

Skyrim was boring as hell with all of 3 quest types... don't use quanity as an argument, it's baseless most of the time.
---
My karma was 777 on April 3rd, 2012
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#29pizzaman95Posted 11/5/2012 11:51:59 PM
So silly. I did compare. I will compare. And they are very similar in many ways.

Could you name some of those?
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#30InfernislePosted 11/5/2012 11:53:57 PM
pizzaman95 posted...

Could you name some of those?

"You hit people with swords in both and you can go to third person in Skyrim which you are always in in Zelda and you can wear pointy hats sometimes, and every now and then Skyrim will have a basic puzzle"

that's about the only comparisons you can draw, and they aren't very valid. i'm quite interested to see what he has to say. maybe he'll call zelda an RPG. that'd be fun.