Skyward Sword > Skyrim, didn't need 2 gigs of ram OR HD Graphics!

#61MicooliscoolPosted 11/6/2012 5:57:27 AM
Zelda sucks!
#62pikachupwnagePosted 11/6/2012 6:05:56 AM
Mavrick588 posted...
I agree
SS is the best game I have played in 25 years

Get your flame shield ready though
Skyrim fanboys are brutal.

Dem arrows to the knee.
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#63littlelynn84Posted 11/6/2012 6:13:23 AM
As a Zelda fan since the original, Skyward Sword gained the title of my least favorite in the series (by kind of a lot). Skyrim was my first Elder Scrolls experience; I really only tried it because of the hype. Turns out it's not my thing though.

So yeah. Kinda didn't care for either one honestly. Sorry.
#64RainingMetalPosted 11/6/2012 6:31:58 AM
Not made by Bethesta = a deal for me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8
Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964001631
#65omegaGogetaPosted 11/6/2012 6:45:00 AM
TC has yet to validate their argument. Skyward Sword was a joke compared to other Zelda games. It was a Zelda game that I would not play. I like the Zelda series of games, but come on. To say that the joke game of Zelda is better than Skyrim is like saying The Adventures of Lolo is better than Megaman. No comparison. First off Skyward Sword: You had to move at just the right speed or it didn't register or wasn't fast enough to do anything relevant, the sky controls were just horrendous, and the story was the story. Some characters had personality but that just isn't enough. The music was alright, but that doesn't add it up to being better than Skyrim. Now Skyrim: You have enough freedom to change how the game plays, the bugs were many but now are few, you don't have to play the same character model over and over again. Only real problem with Skyrim was the lack of PS3 support. That and it was unpolished when it came out. The games only have certain MINOR similarities. They have movement, they have graphics, they have music, and they have a story. At least with Skyrim there is more freedom as to how long you can take with the side stuff before getting back to the story.
#66MarioFanaticXVPosted 11/6/2012 7:16:54 AM
Skyward Sword was a great game... But why bother comparing it to Elder Scrolls? Elder Scrolls is known for horribly buggy games that any self-respecting developer would be ashamed to have linked to themselves. Why not compare it to a truly great RPG like Divinity II?
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#67Oni_TaedoPosted 11/6/2012 7:43:35 AM
Skyrim is in no way shape or form a button masher.
In order for it to be a button masher, there would have to be something going on on-screen, rather than the whole lot of nothing you usually see from Skyrim.

FYI, 17 hours in, I only fought one dragon.
Maybe scripted events aren't so bad there, Bethy?

And as much as I didn't care for Skyward Sword (the controls were amazing, the story on the other hand... not so much), Skyward Sword is still much better than Skyrim.

I'd even say Skyrim is as bad as FF7, which is the worst game of all time.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#68UnderratedGamerPosted 11/6/2012 7:57:05 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Skyrim is in no way shape or form a button masher.
In order for it to be a button masher, there would have to be something going on on-screen, rather than the whole lot of nothing you usually see from Skyrim.

FYI, 17 hours in, I only fought one dragon.
Maybe scripted events aren't so bad there, Bethy?

And as much as I didn't care for Skyward Sword (the controls were amazing, the story on the other hand... not so much), Skyward Sword is still much better than Skyrim.

I'd even say Skyrim is as bad as FF7, which is the worst game of all time.

I thought FF7 and Skyrim were just vastly overrated. I don't think I'd say they're the worst games ever though. Games like Shaq-Fu, Bubsy 3D and Superman 64 are all worse imo. Same with every single Color Dreams game ever made.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#69Phange 2Posted 11/6/2012 8:43:12 AM
Skyrim was probably the best value of any game I've ever purchased. I didn't say it was the best "game" per se, but I got more hours of enjoyment out of Skyrim than any non-MMO.

There's just no end to the replay value. I just recently started a Barbarian type character (I rolled Summoner last time... which got way too easy once I got the higher-powered summons).

Skyrim's the most fun when you abandon the crafting system entirely and crank it up to Expert or Master. It becomes a total resource management struggle in dungeons.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#70Phange 2Posted 11/6/2012 8:44:59 AM(edited)
Also, an Elder Scrolls game would be amazing on Wii U because the Gamepad would be excellent for inventory management.

And anyone who complains about Skyrim's bugs is just a pedantic fool. For a game of such extreme scope and breadth, it's astonishing that it's as polished as it is.

---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange