Skyward Sword > Skyrim, didn't need 2 gigs of ram OR HD Graphics!

#81DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/6/2012 10:58:30 AM(edited)
EarthViper posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Yes, you specifically said that the scale of the job is irrelevant to how bugged the game is.

No, I stated how big the game is is irrelevant to the fact that releasing a finished product should be expected.

Now the game is not finished? I did not actually beat the game? Or does this mean the game is very bugged which is exactly what I said you said except you changed the wording...

By your logic Honda should be allowed to release a car without doors because it's a whole lot harder and more expensive to make than a hot wheels.

Your right, because safety is the same as entertainment. Most terrible analogy ever. I may as well say NSMBWii doesn't have doors because it lacks online.

I stated it's a much bigger job. That however does not give them a free pass to shirk the responsibility of make the product ready for retail which Bethesda's games, by and large, are not.

Welcome to the world of wRPGs, console gamers! Where content, exploration, freedom and ambition has always been prioritized over polish. Can't handle it? Go back to your linear corridor shooters and teenage, spikey haired soap operas!

---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#82EarthViperPosted 11/6/2012 11:04:39 AM(edited)
EarthViper posted...
Yes, you specifically said that the scale of the job is irrelevant to how bugged the game is.

No, I stated how big the game is is irrelevant to the fact that releasing a finished product should be expected.

Now the game is not finished? I did not actually beat the game? Or does this mean the game is very bugged which is exactly what I said you said except you changed the wording...

By your logic Honda should be allowed to release a car without doors because it's a whole lot harder and more expensive to make than a hot wheels.

Your right, because safety is the same as entertainment. Most terrible analogy ever. I may as well say NSMBWii doesn't have doors because it lacks online.

I stated it's a much bigger job. That however does not give them a free pass to shirk the responsibility of make the product ready for retail which Bethesda's games, by and large, are not.

Welcome to the world of wRPGs, console gamers! Can't handle it? Go back to your linear corridor shooters and teenage, spikey haired soap operas!

Actually, if assumptions and making a fool of yourself weren't the basis of your argument you'd know I'm well familiar with both WRPG's and PC games. Unfortunately for your pathetic argument many developers in the genre CAN do their job right and props to them.

And the analogy isn't about safety vs video games, it's about bigger job = bigger responsibilities. Then again, I've already seen you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

Oh and, ready for retail =/= unplayable. Guess what, you can finish a LOT of utterly broken games.

Anyways, I'm done arguing with you. You're clearly unable to comprehend my posts and I'll just have to keep repeating my simple point over and over and I have much better ways to spend my time than trying to talk reason to an irrational elitist. Good day.
---
Clam shell plastic packaging is, in fact, my mortal enemy.
#83megax11Posted 11/6/2012 11:03:13 AM
Skyward Sword is ass in my opinion, and I am a Zelda lover. Twilight Princess had a bigger world to explore, while SS only has three areas and they can only be gotten to by falling down to them.

I like my Hyrule's to feel connected, and outside of LTTP, Ocarina, and TP, the rest have sucked when it came to having a connected feel with a lot to do.

SS is the first Zelda I can't even bring myself to finish, because after watching my son go through some of the world, it just felt so disjointed.

Skyrim, on the other hand, is a massive open world game, so to compare the two would be making yourself look like a Nintendo loyaltist who is too biased to see good games when they slap you in the face.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1327 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28
#84DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/6/2012 11:07:10 AM(edited)
EarthViper posted...
EarthViper posted...

Welcome to the world of wRPGs, console gamers! Can't handle it? Go back to your linear corridor shooters and teenage, spikey haired soap operas!

Actually, if assumptions and making a fool of yourself weren't the basis of your argument you'd know I'm well familiar with both WRPG's and console games. Unfortunately for your pathetic argument many developers in the genre CAN do their job right and props to the.

And the analogy in't about safety vs video games, it's about bigger job = bigger responsibilites. Then again, I've already seen you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old.

Oh and, ready for retail =/= unplayable. Guess what, you can finish a LOT of utterly broken games.

You say you are "familiar with the genre" and that you know a lot of developers who did it right. Please name them, thanks. Who has anywhere close to the level of openess and interactivity as the ES/Fallout series? Because I can make a very long list of games that do less, have more bugs and are considered classics.

Also your car analogy is even worse now. You say big projects require more responsibility? And you go to the automotive industry as proof?

Cheap Japanese cars are more reliable than most italian luxury cars who have essential issues with features and electronics. A Maserati at $150k is far less reliable than a cheap car like the Hyundai Sonata. Oh and F1 cars can't go two steps without changing a tire, wtf is up with that right?

Please pull more stupid analogies.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#85TheSmartBlondePosted 11/6/2012 11:09:30 AM
PrinceOfHot posted...
That's why its impossible to NOT buy a Wii U. Besides Bethesda games are all BORING...crap stories, fake-epic-hyping, sub-medicore combat systems...its like the opposite of a great zelda adventure.

It isn't about the story. It's about exporing the game world and doing anything. That's what The Elder Scrolls are all about. Freedom.

Not that the Zelda games have great stories either.
#86Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/6/2012 11:40:16 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
Bethesda's games this generation aren't exactly known for their "awesome" engines

They're basically using a modified version of the engine used in Morrowind.
#87MelkacPosted 11/6/2012 11:42:31 AM
I agree that they're both great games...but...there's something about SS. It's not the nostalgia factor, it's just that there are waaay too many games like Skyrim (not identical, mind you...).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhMT138BHo&feature=g-vrec
#88wisemiddsPosted 11/6/2012 12:00:20 PM
So much wrong in this topic I'm not even gona bother, some Nintendo fanboys are just beyond help
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#89Phange 2Posted 11/6/2012 12:04:02 PM
I am dumbfounded that someone said Elder Scrolls has a "crap story" compared to Zelda.

I don't even remember if Twilight Princess -HAD- a story. The most story-driven Zelda game, by far, was Wind Waker.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#90LordcrabfoodPosted 11/6/2012 12:18:21 PM
40Dribylf posted...
This is a message board.

Their sole purpose is to discuss news and different opinions. That's why they exist.

Yeah, this was more of a rhetorical question as it is pretty obvious this is a troll topic but good answer sweetie, xoxoxo