Wii U graphics.

#21Oni_TaedoPosted 11/6/2012 8:03:20 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Name an Xbox 360 game that's better looking than this:
http://videos.videopress.com/8UI8Vaqj/pg_nd_w101_j_hd_hd.mp4

No jaggies, 60fps, graphical quality on par or better.

I'll be waiting, definitely not going to hold my breath.

Well, first off, that game is not missing aliasing lol
http://www.gamedynamo.com/images/galleries/photo/2447/project-p-100-wii-u-screenshots-7.jpg

Games that are on par:

Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing Transformed
Borderlands 2
Tales of Vesperia
Among others

If we look at PS3 titles, Ni no Kuni absolutely destroys Wonderful100 graphically, like not even a contest at all.

The only thing Wonderful100 has going for it is the frame rate, wish they would invest in some AA though.

Only thing Ni no Kuni has going for it is it's Studio Ghibli animu art style, which looks rather... I don't want to say generic, but you certainly can tell a Studio Giblets film a mile away. I wasn't too sure there was a difference between Princess Mononoke and Laputa as a kid, actually.

Borederlands 2 looks as bad as the first Borederlands (that's not an accidental misspelling). Both in graphical quality, AND art style. And while I've yet to play the second, if it's anything like the first, I'll pass.

And Sega knows how to pretty a game up, I mean, look at Sonic Generations on PC, it's gorgeous.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#22Phange 2Posted 11/6/2012 8:05:01 AM
The problem with the Wii U launch is that most games are multiconsole titles, so obviously they won't look better than their counterparts on other systems.

But the reality is that the Wii U's GPU is several PC GPU generations more advanced than the Xbox 360's.

Keep in mind, the Xbox 360's GPU is a Radeon X1800 - We're talking about a card that was explicitly advertised to play Half-Life 2 at 60 fps. In 2005.

The Wii U's GPU is evidently similar to a Radeon E6760, which is basically a DX11 equivalent of a Radeon 4850. That's about twice as powerful as the Xbox 360's GPU, not to mention DX11 support which adds tesselation.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#23IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/6/2012 8:06:50 AM
Ni no Kuni looks great the Ghibli art style is anything but a con lol.

I feel bad for you if you can't appreciate Borderlands 2, such a great series, easily one of the best to come out of this generation.

Yeah Sonic Generations is great looking, that's another game that looks better than Wonderful101, Sonic Unleashed as well.
#24IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/6/2012 8:08:04 AM
The problem with the Wii U launch is that most games are multiconsole titles, so obviously they won't look better than their counterparts on other systems.

But the reality is that the Wii U's GPU is several PC GPU generations more advanced than the Xbox 360's.

Keep in mind, the Xbox 360's GPU is a Radeon X1800 - We're talking about a card that was explicitly advertised to play Half-Life 2 at 60 fps. In 2005.

The Wii U's GPU is evidently similar to a Radeon E6760, which is basically a DX11 equivalent of a Radeon 4850. That's about twice as powerful as the Xbox 360's GPU, not to mention DX11 support which adds tesselation.

Yeah, but the CPU is supposedly weaker (not just in clock speed, don't pull that nonsense) which creates a bottleneck.
#25TrueBlue91Posted 11/6/2012 8:08:08 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...

And Sega knows how to pretty a game up, I mean, look at Sonic Generations on PC, it's gorgeous.

The Hedgehog Engine is supposedly capable of achieving FMV cutscene quality graphics. Even the Xbox 360 version looks fantastic.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#26Phange 2Posted 11/6/2012 8:11:38 AM

Yeah, but the CPU is supposedly weaker (not just in clock speed, don't pull that nonsense) which creates a bottleneck.

It creates a logic bottleneck, not a graphical bottleneck.

In other words, games will look better, but have less realistic AI and particle physics.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#27AbysmalTrinityPosted 11/6/2012 8:15:01 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/features/xbox-vs-xbox-360-do-you-really-need-hd-6140621/

Please be joking.

None of those games could be consider a generation leap, they barely look better.

Oh wait I forgot, you're a troll, this is what you do.
---
Simply Abysmal
AbysmalTrinity
#28Sol_ClydePosted 11/6/2012 8:15:17 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Name an Xbox 360 game that's better looking than this:
http://videos.videopress.com/8UI8Vaqj/pg_nd_w101_j_hd_hd.mp4

No jaggies, 60fps, graphical quality on par or better.

I'll be waiting, definitely not going to hold my breath.

Well, first off, that game is not missing aliasing lol
http://www.gamedynamo.com/images/galleries/photo/2447/project-p-100-wii-u-screenshots-7.jpg

Games that are on par:

Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing Transformed
Borderlands 2
Tales of Vesperia
Among others

If we look at PS3 titles, Ni no Kuni absolutely destroys Wonderful100 graphically, like not even a contest at all.

The only thing Wonderful100 has going for it is the frame rate, wish they would invest in some AA though.

Only thing Ni no Kuni has going for it is it's Studio Ghibli animu art style, which looks rather... I don't want to say generic, but you certainly can tell a Studio Giblets film a mile away. I wasn't too sure there was a difference between Princess Mononoke and Laputa as a kid, actually.

That's because it's intentional. You can tell when it's a disney movie from a mile too. Does that makes it generic? No.
Ghibli has its trademark style.
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#29meiyukiPosted 11/6/2012 8:24:41 AM
Lord_Valkire posted...
We've has so many topics like this its just getting redundant

You guys all know why these topics keep popping up right?

It's because every one of these topics gets hundreds of replies, every troll post gets reply after reply after reply. I just used the quote as a launching point but this goes for everyone. Do you not understand the definition of a troll, they post stupid things for ONE REASON, to get replies. And what does everyone do, reply after reply after reply. Then they sit and say "um we're giving them exactly what they want and validating the reasons they post, why do they keep posting I don't get it."
#30pearl arowanaPosted 11/6/2012 8:30:03 AM
check it yourself

wii u graphic is pretty much on par with ps3/360

wii u hardware is just not strong enough
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]