Do you think ps4 or xbox next will have screen controllers?

#11SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/6/2012 12:07:19 PM
I fully expect Sony to try to use dual screen with PS4 and Vita.

The PS3 wasn't built with that in mind that's why it doesn't work.

Also expect Sony fans to say it's cool when it happens
#12Sir_HaxorPosted 11/6/2012 12:09:51 PM
Do you think the sky is blue?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#13WideAwakePosted 11/6/2012 12:38:50 PM
Sony's gonna want consumers to buy both their handheld and their home console, so they'll do a ps3 or 4-vita combo. Xbox will just combine other microsoft products with it, and then add in that wearable controller or kinect 2
---
"Okay, I need a violet one for domestic violence, a lime one for herpes, and a jade green one for how much I hate Kyle."
#14NoNeedF0RaNamePosted 11/6/2012 12:54:39 PM
I really hope not. Although it's the most touted new feature of the wii u, it's definitely my least favorite feature of the system. i wish it wasn't there. It would be a huge disappointment to me if all three next gen consoles had the touch screen controller.
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#15Chocobo115Posted 11/6/2012 1:38:53 PM
PS3/PS4 already has Vita connectivity.
#16MichaelDeAngeloPosted 11/6/2012 1:43:48 PM
Microsoft thinks that SmartGlass is fulfilling the role that the gamepad will, but they're mistaken. The gamepad does so much more than smartglass is capable of.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#17DynheartPosted 11/6/2012 1:54:58 PM
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
Microsoft thinks that SmartGlass is fulfilling the role that the gamepad will, but they're mistaken. The gamepad does so much more than smartglass is capable of.

Yea. And I'm sure Nintendo can add to it as they go along (Gamepad features). Smartglass looks a little clunky, but I'll be open minded.

In the end, it's just more options for gamer's like myself...I like all three companies. /shrug
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#18overkillwfo1978Posted 11/6/2012 1:58:28 PM
Of course. They always copy Nintendo in one way or the other going all the way back to N64.

.... and to all of the people saying "XXX already has this... blah blah" No, they don't. Nintendo was the first to make a console who's MAIN feature was to have a controller with an interactive screen on this level. We are not talking Dreamcast VMU or PS3/Vita.

I owned a Dreamcast and used the VMU maybe once or twice, it was a gimmick that failed. PS3/Vita combo is two separate systems costing twice the price of the Wii U together. The main function of the Vita is not as a PS3 controller and never was meant to be. Now, of course after Nintendo dominates the market when it is released, Sony and MS will both jump on that bandwagon like crazy.

Sony Move?
Xbox Kinect?

Wonder where those ideas came from?... be real. Nintendo innovates. The others copy that innovation.
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#19Wii_UsedPosted 11/6/2012 1:59:54 PM
The focus for Durango/Orbis will be more performance at a "reasonable" mass-market price. Including a screen controller will come at the expense of 1) a reasonable price and or 2) at a loss of performance. Either would be suicide. I expect a peripheral plan much like this gen.
#20sejan12Posted 11/6/2012 2:00:24 PM
Smartglass will definitely have a higher latency. It'll feel more laggy and be less useful for twitchy commands. Also, it'll be annoying to use the XBox controller and look at a tablet.