How come its always Nintendo people who argue about having the best console?

#21Virus66Posted 11/6/2012 4:23:35 PM
itachi134 posted...
Virus66 posted...
Normally, it takes a bit of trolling for Nintendo Defense Force to come out and start countering with that nonsense. I think that without provocation, most Nintendo fans are perfectly fine with whatever hand they are dealt, good or bad. I mean, most of the fans had to deal with N64, GCN AND the Wii.

You say that like all of those consoles were garbage. Sony kinda dominated that era (except the Wii era) so I guess it makes sense for the Nintendo inferiority complex to kick in. Nintendo has better exclusives than Microsoft or Sony though, which pretty much guarantees that the Nintendo console is always bought and then its a toss up between the Sony or Microsoft console.

In the eyes of many, those consoles were... lacking...

I pretty much only had Nintendo products up until I bought my PS3 so I was there. Hell, the GCN was my favorite console ever. I loved that little purple lunchbox XD. It's not that there were bad games, just not many of them. Compare that to the titles the other systems got and the negativity surrounding Nintendo and it's enough to make even some of the most dedicated fans slightly bitter
---
PSN: JVir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#22itachi134(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 4:26:16 PM
Here's an example that I saw when the Wii U was first revealed.

"Wii U will support 1080p graphics"

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH IN YO FACE SONY/MICROSOFT, OUR CONSOLE IS 10000% BETTER THAN URS"

Completely ignoring the fact that Nintendo was playing graphics catch up. Its one thing to be excited, but you don't want to get so excited that you end up being blinded.

On a side note, the Wii U does seem to have better graphics than Sony/Microsoft consoles, but by how much? And does that slight edge really make the difference?

In fact, the whole graphics thing is used by Nintendo fans the most too. Graphics don't make a game? I agree. Then don't act like it does.
---
Anime is for imbeciles.
#23ColorfulColorsPosted 11/6/2012 4:29:36 PM
Are you f****** kidding me? Have you SEEN the Sony Fanboys on Youtube? I've seen millions of the little bastards saying OMG SONEH WERN CNEHCHBCUOR over and over again. I can name a bunch of them right here, right now for you. Go ahead, I DARE YOU.
---
I Never Got Console Wars. They're Just Game Companies. Whats The Difference?
#24AhnoldDoodPosted 11/6/2012 4:31:29 PM
itachi134 posted...
Here's an example that I saw when the Wii U was first revealed.

"Wii U will support 1080p graphics"

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH IN YO FACE SONY/MICROSOFT, OUR CONSOLE IS 10000% BETTER THAN URS"

Completely ignoring the fact that Nintendo was playing graphics catch up. Its one thing to be excited, but you don't want to get so excited that you end up being blinded.

On a side note, the Wii U does seem to have better graphics than Sony/Microsoft consoles, but by how much? And does that slight edge really make the difference?

In fact, the whole graphics thing is used by Nintendo fans the most too. Graphics don't make a game? I agree. Then don't act like it does.

What forum were you in? Oh right, that imaginary forum.
#25itachi134(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 4:31:56 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
Are you f****** kidding me? Have you SEEN the Sony Fanboys on Youtube? I've seen millions of the little bastards saying OMG SONEH WERN CNEHCHBCUOR over and over again. I can name a bunch of them right here, right now for you. Go ahead, I DARE YOU.

What are you daring me for? >_>

Shouldn't you be daring yourself?

I tend to not listen to people on youtube btw. They all seem to have some kind of mental disorder.
---
Anime is for imbeciles.
#26DynheartPosted 11/6/2012 4:37:07 PM(edited)
itachi134 posted...
Topic. I don't think having the best console means that much to anyone else. What's up with that?

3DS comes out. OMG DA GRAFIX ITS STRONGA DEN PS2
Gets 3DS.
Hmmm, this looks slightly better than N64, that's basically it.

Its always the Nintendo kids that over hype their console.

Microsoft fans are too busy blowing each others heads off in FPS games and cursing at other 10 year olds on Xbox live like that **** is religion.

Sony fans are pretty apathetic. Its like they just dgaf since PS2.

Er.

I go and read the PS3 forums and the 360 forums. Not true at all.

When Nintendo had just the Wii? Oh boy, let me tell you how the 360/PS3 crowd loved to rub it this this fanbases face; was worse if they got a port of a game they 360/PS3 fans got.

Vita fans rip on the 3DS all the time. How far superior it is, technically/hardware...."Just wait for the games."

So. While you sit here and say it's all Nintendo fans. I sit here, unbiased (love all three companies), and say it's all three equally.

I will say this board has been trolled the most the last year, though. By PC gamers, PS3 gamers AND 360 gamers. No denying it. There's more fodder in the front page about this system being garbage...than actual hype/discussions. I know it's not Nintendo fans (mostly)...has to come from somewhere else.

You purpose they just sit here and take it? I have no doubts that there are trolls in other forums. Not nearly enough to come over here and generalize an entire fanbase, though. Do a thread count if you want....

The Wii U boards are filled with crap threads. Nintendo fans are just as much a target as the poor old PS3 fans/360 fans.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#27DolkaPotsPosted 11/6/2012 4:37:30 PM
Dynheart posted...
itachi134 posted...
Topic. I don't think having the best console means that much to anyone else. What's up with that?

Gets 3DS.

Microsoft fans are too busy blowing each others heads off in FPS games and cursing at other 10 year olds on Xbox live like that **** is religion.

Er.

When Nintendo had just the Wii? Oh boy, let me tell you how the 360/PS3 crowd loved to rub it this this fanbases face; was worse if they got a port of a game they 360/PS3 fans got.

Vita fans rip on the 3DS all the time. How far superior it is, technically/hardware...."Just wait for the games."

So. While you sit here and say it's all Nintendo fans. I sit here, unbiased (love all three companies), and say it's all three equally.

I will say this board has been trolled the most the last year, though. By PC gamers, PS3 gamers AND 360 gamers. No denying it. There's more fodder in the front page about this system being garbage...than actual hype/discussions. I know it's not Nintendo fans (mostly)...has to come from somewhere else.

You purpose they just sit here and take it? I have no doubts that there are trolls in other forums. Not nearly enough to come over here and generalize an entire fanbase, though. Do a thread count if you want....

The Wii U boards are filled with crap threads.

I wrote you in on the ballot for President.
#28ColorfulColorsPosted 11/6/2012 4:38:11 PM
itachi134 posted...
ColorfulColors posted...

What are you daring me for? >_>

Shouldn't you be daring yourself?

I tend to not listen to people on youtube btw. They all seem to have some kind of mental disorder.

*cough cough irony hack HACK*
---
I Never Got Console Wars. They're Just Game Companies. Whats The Difference?
#29LHS_2012Posted 11/6/2012 4:58:40 PM
Dynheart posted...
itachi134 posted...

Gets 3DS.

Er.

The Wii U boards are filled with crap threads. Nintendo fans are just as much a target as the poor old PS3 fans/360 fans.

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. I mean, I'm sure 360 fanboys have trolled here, but enough to be notable? Not really. I only seen them around here during the NG3:RE fallout, and even then it was really just pissed of Ninja Gaiden diehards. They didn't even make a presence during the Bayonnetta 2 controversy: that was almost entirely Sony fanboys.

Microsoft fanboys, since the console wars subsided, have been fairly tame. On this site, I can only really think of one who regularly trolled other boards, and I haven't seen him in awhile. As for Nintendo fanboys, no they aren't the worst. Smug? Very much so. But they barely troll. Heck, even the Vita board, which is trolled pretty much nonstop, only has traffic from a couple Nintendo fanboys (contrary what the regulars there seem to believe).

Sony fanboys though, ughhh. They're the only ones who regularly troll both of the other Big 3 fanbases (Nintendo and Microsoft fans generally leave each other alone nowadays) and are almost consistently the most active trolls on this site. There's a reason Jim Sterling and Adam Sessler both made pretty notable articles/videos criticizing the sheer scale of Sony fanboy idiocy.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#30DTY3Posted 11/6/2012 5:03:02 PM
itachi134 posted...
Fanbases = bias. No matter what. That can't be denied. I just hear more about Nintendo consoles being best or better than I do about other consoles.

Idk what boards you frequent, but its usually everyone else saying theirs is the best while Nintendo people downplay shortcomings.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.