How come its always Nintendo people who argue about having the best console?

#31XeylirPosted 11/6/2012 4:07:10 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
I don't know what's funnier, your ignorance about fanbases, or the fact that you think 3DS games look "slightly better" than an N64 game.

---
(Insert witty comment, pun, or Kingdom Hearts reference here)
#32Final Fantasy2389Posted 11/6/2012 4:08:18 PM
Fanbases = bias. No matter what. That can't be denied. I just hear more about Nintendo consoles being best or better than I do about other consoles.

You must live in some delusional world. I won't deny people have made the claim, but it's usually Sony fans I see going, "PS3 is the best system." or before, "PSP's grafix r butter den DS weak azz grafix."

You're more likely to hear someone claim Nintendo has better first party IP's than other consoles, but hey, that's just a fact.
---
WWE Diva and SES season 1 winner. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/MMcHX9 | http://bit.ly/KXA8Rg | http://bit.ly/RQBee0
#33Virus66Posted 11/6/2012 4:11:16 PM
LHS_2012 posted...
Eh, I'm not so sure about that. I mean, I'm sure 360 fanboys have trolled here, but enough to be notable? Not really. I only seen them around here during the NG3:RE fallout, and even then it was really just pissed of Ninja Gaiden diehards. They didn't even make a presence during the Bayonnetta 2 controversy: that was almost entirely Sony fanboys.

Microsoft fanboys, since the console wars subsided, have been fairly tame. On this site, I can only really think of one who regularly trolled other boards, and I haven't seen him in awhile. As for Nintendo fanboys, no they aren't the worst. Smug? Very much so. But they barely troll. Heck, even the Vita board, which is trolled pretty much nonstop, only has traffic from a couple Nintendo fanboys (contrary what the regulars there seem to believe).

Sony fanboys though, ughhh. They're the only ones who regularly troll both of the other Big 3 fanbases (Nintendo and Microsoft fans generally leave each other alone nowadays) and are almost consistently the most active trolls on this site. There's a reason Jim Sterling and Adam Sessler both made pretty notable articles/videos criticizing the sheer scale of Sony fanboy idiocy.

I see your point. MS fanboys are usually pretty tame but they certainly do their trolling, but nothing to the scale that the Sony boys do. Most of the hate from that side came from the Bayonetta 2 kerfuffle. I'm a Sony fan through and through and even I admit that that fanbase is rabid and sheer insane at times. I mean, I guess it's good to be passionate about your hobbies... but DAMN!
---
PSN: JVir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#34DynheartPosted 11/6/2012 4:13:56 PM(edited)
LHS_2012 posted...
Dynheart posted...
itachi134 posted...
Topic. I don't think having the best console means that much to anyone else. What's up with that?

3DS comes out. OMG DA GRAFIX ITS STRONGA DEN PS2
Gets 3DS.
Hmmm, this looks slightly better than N64, that's basically it.

Its always the Nintendo kids that over hype their console.

Microsoft fans are too busy blowing each others heads off in FPS games and cursing at other 10 year olds on Xbox live like that **** is religion.

Sony fans are pretty apathetic. Its like they just dgaf since PS2.

Er.

I go and read the PS3 forums and the 360 forums. Not true at all.

When Nintendo had just the Wii? Oh boy, let me tell you how the 360/PS3 crowd loved to rub it this this fanbases face; was worse if they got a port of a game they 360/PS3 fans got.

Vita fans rip on the 3DS all the time. How far superior it is, technically/hardware...."Just wait for the games."

So. While you sit here and say it's all Nintendo fans. I sit here, unbiased (love all three companies), and say it's all three equally.

I will say this board has been trolled the most the last year, though. By PC gamers, PS3 gamers AND 360 gamers. No denying it. There's more fodder in the front page about this system being garbage...than actual hype/discussions. I know it's not Nintendo fans (mostly)...has to come from somewhere else.

You purpose they just sit here and take it? I have no doubts that there are trolls in other forums. Not nearly enough to come over here and generalize an entire fanbase, though. Do a thread count if you want....

The Wii U boards are filled with crap threads. Nintendo fans are just as much a target as the poor old PS3 fans/360 fans.

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. I mean, I'm sure 360 fanboys have trolled here, but enough to be notable? Not really. I only seen them around here during the NG3:RE fallout, and even then it was really just pissed of Ninja Gaiden diehards. They didn't even make a presence during the Bayonnetta 2 controversy: that was almost entirely Sony fanboys.

Microsoft fanboys, since the console wars subsided, have been fairly tame. On this site, I can only really think of one who regularly trolled other boards, and I haven't seen him in awhile. As for Nintendo fanboys, no they aren't the worst. Smug? Very much so. But they barely troll. Heck, even the Vita board, which is trolled pretty much nonstop, only has traffic from a couple Nintendo fanboys (contrary what the regulars there seem to believe).

Sony fanboys though, ughhh. They're the only ones who regularly troll both of the other Big 3 fanbases (Nintendo and Microsoft fans generally leave each other alone nowadays) and are almost consistently the most active trolls on this site. There's a reason Jim Sterling and Adam Sessler both made pretty notable articles/videos criticizing the sheer scale of Sony fanboy idiocy.

They are all here. Dummy accounts included. Are they supposed to hang a sign over their head? How do people know who is who? We don't (especially if it's a dummy account). I'd rather just say it's everybody instead of lumping one fanbase into a pile and setting them on fire...which seems to be everybodies favorite thing to do.

Fact remains, though. It sure is a **** ton of people.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#35itachi134(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 5:11:05 PM
Bayonetta was a ****ty game anyway. Makes little difference if the sequel jumped consoles.

Honestly the only good PS3 games were the HD collections and the Ratchet and Clanks. All Stars looks ok, but I'm probably not going to buy it, so it doesn't really matter.
---
Anime is for imbeciles.
#36Shinobi120Posted 11/6/2012 5:17:35 PM
LMAO, I just got to laugh at this topic.

Enigma149 posted...
Erm...were you paying any attention, at all, to the 3DS and NGP / Vita boards before last February? It was all "NGP will DESTROY 3DS!" "Vita is life! 3DS is death!" "3DS floppage!".

The Wii U board was in worse shape.

Not to mention before PS3 was released: "The PS3 will destroy both the Wii & the 360!", & "Both the Wii & the 360 will go the way of the Dreamcast," etc.
#37fawfulmark2Posted 11/6/2012 5:26:58 PM
itachi134 posted...
Topic. I don't think having the best console means that much to anyone else. What's up with that?

3DS comes out. OMG DA GRAFIX ITS STRONGA DEN PS2
Gets 3DS.
Hmmm, this looks slightly better than N64, that's basically it.

Its always the Nintendo kids that over hype their console.

Microsoft fans are too busy blowing each others heads off in FPS games and cursing at other 10 year olds on Xbox live like that **** is religion.

Sony fans are pretty apathetic. Its like they just dgaf since PS2.

Insomniac made 2 characters named Zephyr and Cronk in one of the R&C games, who always got into arguments over which one had more superior hardware. both of them were parodies of the 360 and PS3 fans who argue about that(especially around 2006-2008).

so i don't think it's Nintendo fans just doing it
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#38RetroFanGirlPosted 11/6/2012 5:28:28 PM
Doesn't look slightly better than the N64, most games looks about like Gamecube/Wii. But yeah, who cares as long as its fun.
---
http://imgur.com/1rQCf
^GameFAQs itself is trolling me.
#39koolguy5Posted 11/6/2012 5:29:31 PM
...yea, no. everyone does it..
---
Mario rules.Period.FTLulz
#40gamerguy20097Posted 11/6/2012 5:53:28 PM
"Sony fans are pretty apathetic." If anything its the sony fanboys that are the most vocal in their hate for anything not sony. Anywhere I go its alwayys the sony fanboys that never shut up on how wonderful sony is even when they over pay and get a handheld with no games.