Why does Nintendo not make their consoles as powerful as they can?

#1Mindwipe77Posted 11/6/2012 6:07:00 PM
I just mean for example the wii was not as powerful as the ps3 or 360 but a bit better then ps2 and xbox. Now the wii-u will be in the wii's place all over again when the ps4 and 720 release. I don't care personally as i buy all consoles and the wii-u will have its own exclusive games i will love regardless, but i just wonder why Nintendo does not just go all out and make a powerful HD console like the ps4 and 720 will probably be. I can only guess it's because Nintendo knows their console will sell well on name alone, or like they stated when the wii came out they are not in competetion with MS or Sony. I just would love to see a nintendo system that could give MS and Sony a run for the money
---
Lightning's #1 Fan!!!
Waiting for Wii-U!
#2guedesbrawlPosted 11/6/2012 6:07:27 PM
because they are smart
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3HungoverHero777Posted 11/6/2012 6:08:08 PM
They're holding back to give Sony and MS a fighting chance.
---
Welcome to video games, where everyone worse than you is a noob and everyone better than you has no life.
Conduit 2 FC: 3954-7429-9873 IlThe AR-C Expert II
#4Virus66Posted 11/6/2012 6:08:40 PM
Cost. Thats the only reason. It makes it affordable to the majority of people. You'll be fooling yourself if you honestly believe that Sony or MS won't follow Nintendo's footsteps. They will be right on par with Nintendo this gen
---
PSN: JVir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#5PotatoHogPosted 11/6/2012 6:09:00 PM
Because of price.
---
Watching the Rams choke on the Packers Cobb reminds me that Sam "Bad"ford will never be on Godgers level.
#6ColorfulColorsPosted 11/6/2012 6:09:06 PM
Why does everybody talk about the 720 and PS4? They haven't even been announced yet...
---
Appearently to Linetrix, I'm a female raging kid who can't speak English but can speak English. Riiiiiiight.
#7blue_hedgehogPosted 11/6/2012 6:09:15 PM
Because they don't want their consoles to overheat
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon Black/White Version 2 Board - http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
#8RetroFanGirlPosted 11/6/2012 6:10:10 PM
Why do people even care about console graphics, they always lose out, period. Just get one with games you like and sit back and enjoy.
---
http://imgur.com/1rQCf
^GameFAQs itself is trolling me.
#9Shinobi120Posted 11/6/2012 6:40:16 PM(edited)
You want Nintendo to risk going the way of Sega by putting out a expensive, powerful console that would most likely be surpassed by PC graphics, anyways, & to risk losing a lot of billions like Microsoft & Sony did with the Xbox, Xbox 360, & PS3?

Glad that you don't run a business. They're in this business for profit (same with Microsoft & Sony), not to please smaller graphics whore crowds.
#10AceMosPosted 11/6/2012 6:13:33 PM
*points at the ps3 then at the curent state of sony and how they are on the verge of going bankrupt*

thats why
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*