Why does Nintendo not make their consoles as powerful as they can?

#11MelkacPosted 11/6/2012 6:14:44 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
Why does everybody talk about the 720 and PS4? They haven't even been announced yet...

That's because...

...there will be no PS4/720...
You heard it here first!!

Now, let's just go straight to the answer, TC: Sony and Microsoft have been losing millions for years by now...why? Well, making such a powerful console either...:
-Makes the console itself more expensive (coughsonycough)
-Makes the company lose billions (coughsonycough)

Sony is stupid enough to keep making powerful consoles. Not only do they copy Nintendo, but they copy the things they're not supposed to copy (Hey! We have a remote controller too! ...Anyone?)
Microsoft is just lucky they're...well, Microsoft...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhMT138BHo&feature=g-vrec
#12kakashik99992Posted 11/6/2012 6:15:30 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
You want Nintendo to risk going the way of Sega by putting out a expensive, powerful console that would most likely be surpassed by PC graphics, anyways? Glad that you don't run a business.

Sony managed to do that twice in one generation and everything that happened was just some billions of dollars vanishing.

Why Nintendo also don't do the same I'm confused
#13TrueBlue91Posted 11/6/2012 6:19:13 PM
Cos $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$-*deep breath*-$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

$$$$$$$
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#14jackorhoadsPosted 11/6/2012 6:21:44 PM
Imagine the WiiU right now without the tablet like controller.....its just like the xbox and ps3, thats why (I know it isn't but go with it to make the point)- if they made a power console they'd be just like the competition.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
psn - jacksonrr < feel free to add :)
#15mrivera889Posted 11/6/2012 6:37:27 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
You want Nintendo to risk going the way of Sega by putting out a expensive, powerful console that would most likely be surpassed by PC graphics, anyways? Glad that you don't run a business.

Sony managed to do that twice in one generation and everything that happened was just some billions of dollars vanishing.

Nintendo=Pure Video Game Company
SEGA=Pure Video Game Company
Sony=TV,Music,Film,Mobile Phone,Video Game Company
Microsoft=OS PC Market (As of September it owns 69% of it), Mobile Phone,Video Game Company.

You see what I'm getting at? Sony & Microsoft can bleed more money because they are not totally dependent on the Video Game Market for revenue.

Even if Nintendo wanted to it's too risky to take the plunge on making more expensive/better hardware on their console or else they will follow in SEGA's steps. As for comparison look at how quickly they drop the price on the 3DS because it wasn't selling and they are not used to bleeding money, on the other hand by comparison despite it's low sales Sony didn't do the same with the PS Vita or the PS3 when it first launched because they can get away with bleeding a bit.
---
[=[3DS]=] (+.[VITA].::)
[o+[__].::]
#16AceMosPosted 11/6/2012 6:42:22 PM
mrivera889 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...

Microsoft=OS PC Market (As of September it owns 69% of it), Mobile Phone,Video Game Company.

You see what I'm getting at? Sony & Microsoft can bleed more money because they are not totally dependent on the Video Game Market for revenue.

Even if Nintendo wanted to it's too risky to take the plunge on making more expensive/better hardware on their console or else they will follow in SEGA's steps. As for comparison look at how quickly they drop the price on the 3DS because it wasn't selling and they are not used to bleeding money, on the other hand by comparison despite it's low sales Sony didn't do the same with the PS Vita or the PS3 when it first launched because they can get away with bleeding a bit.

y ar eppl like you so ignorant

sony is loosing money in all those divisions ALL OF THEM not just gaming
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#17Shinobi120Posted 11/6/2012 6:43:49 PM(edited)
mrivera889 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...

Even now, most of Sony's divisions are in trouble financially, & they can't afford to do the same thing with their next generation console like they did with the PS3. Otherwise, they'll risk going under as well.
#18aether17Posted 11/6/2012 6:47:26 PM
Nintendo is a Video Game only company. Investing in a beefy system and selling it at a loss is something they cannot afford to do. Sony has the rest of their electronics division (which isn't doing too hot) and Microsoft has all of that Windows and PCs (they make a whole bunch of money from that.). In other words, they can afford to do that.

In the past, Nintendo has made power-systems, and how did that turn out for them? They've noticed that money doesn't all come from a strong system, rather from creating something both affordable and innovative (in a way) enough to attract customers. This was shown with Wii, and likely will be shown with Wii U.

Plus, I'm sure they are well aware that PC's will always have the best graphical powers. Why bother competing with something like that? How about create something that no other video game playing machine could do before and go from there?

I think the same question could be asked to Sony and Microsoft. Why don't they also consider creating a super-powerful system that rival PCs? Simple answer: they can't. It won't sell due to price.
#19mrivera889Posted 11/6/2012 6:57:53 PM(edited)
Even now, most of Sony's divisions are in trouble financially, & they can't afford to do the same thing with their next generation console like they did with the PS3. Otherwise, they'll risk going under as well.

Yeah most of the issue with that is that Sony has been bleeding too long and need another PS1/PS2 success to turn them around.I have a two-way relation ship with both Sony & Nintendo since N64 & PS1, Nintendo is there for it's 1st party games and exclusives and Sony is there mostly for it's 3rd Party games and occasional exclusives, so I hope they both manage to turn around their financial woes.
---
[=[3DS]=] (+.[VITA].::)
[o+[__].::]
#20b1gt0nePosted 11/6/2012 6:58:25 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
They're holding back to give Sony and MS a fighting chance.

lol!! this