With Paper Mario Super Star Getting mediocre reviews...I'm concerned about Wii U

#1Lord_KronosIIIPosted 11/6/2012 8:00:49 PM
Look, I've been playing Nintendo since it was released back in 87 or whatever. I remember asking my mom to read the original Mario instruction book to me as I was only like 5 at the time. I grew up with Nintendo and some of my favorite games ever were made by Nintendo.

I have 3 Wii Us pre-ordered between Best Buy and Walmart. I haven't been this hyped for a system since the Wii. (I also have a PS3, 360, gaming PC, PSP, 3DS, XL, DSI XL, ect...). Overall, I was extremely disappointed with the Wii. I'm not a fan of the motion controls and feel there were a very limited amount of quality games, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and Xenoblade being the exceptions.

I think ZombiU looks awesome and I hope it doesn't disappoint. I'm concerned though as Paper Mario has been turned to a different gimmick game since TTYD. I haven't played SS but the several reviews released thus far are far from glowing...

I know we will get more info tomorrow with the Nintendo Direct and I hope it reassures me but I'm starting to have doubts.
#2motorazrv3xxxPosted 11/6/2012 8:03:19 PM
Once you start to look past the hype, you start to see its flaws. Hopefully Nintendo can get their game together.
---
I'm Elite, bro.
My GameFaqs status said so.
#3xXDa-KidXxPosted 11/6/2012 8:03:49 PM
Um... what mediocre reviews has it got? And what the heck does a 3DS game have to do with Home Console system...
---
Wii U: ???? Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers
________________________^ Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and More!^_______________________
#4CelebityPosted 11/6/2012 8:05:05 PM
motorazrv3xxx posted...
Once you start to look past the hype, you start to see its flaws. Hopefully Nintendo can get their game together.

Pun intended?
#5AXKSIONPosted 11/6/2012 8:05:34 PM
It wouldn't have happened if we got a vastly superior Super Mario RPG 2 game.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#6SkyCrackersPosted 11/6/2012 8:06:59 PM
I'm not all that concerned. Sticker Star looks fine, just a little different, maybe a little worse, but not bad. They are churning out too many Mario platformers with too few changes between them, but the Galaxy games were amazing, and I'm sure they still have that creative spark in them.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#7xXDa-KidXxPosted 11/6/2012 8:11:04 PM
Currently Sticker Star has been getting 8s one 9, there's only one bad review that's a 6 from a site no one knows.... O yeah.. that's right. If its not.primarily 9s, it's mediocre
---
Wii U: ???? Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers
________________________^ Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and More!^_______________________
#8SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/6/2012 8:13:21 PM
Do the same game NSMB "rehash"!

Try something different "No it's a gimmick do the old thing don't change it"

Nintendo can't win
#9Lord_KronosIII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 8:13:23 PM
xXDa-KidXx posted...
Currently Sticker Star has been getting 8s one 9, there's only one bad review that's a 6 from a site no one knows.... O yeah.. that's right. If its not.primarily 9s, it's mediocre

GameXplain gave it a 2/5 and a VIP Media guy on the SS board gave it a 7.8 and mentioned several glaring flaws.
#10McmadnessV3Posted 11/6/2012 8:16:32 PM
There are like 20 different reviews out on the game right now.

Almost all of them are very positive.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.