With Paper Mario Super Star Getting mediocre reviews...I'm concerned about Wii U

#21SMASHKING84Posted 11/6/2012 10:38:54 PM
AkaneJones posted...
It's nothing remember Game Informer's 6.75/10 for Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
It seems more like reviewers have started leveling the review average for Nintendo games to 8, regardless of game. Did people check reviews on Pokemon Black 2 & White 2. They are 7 Nines, 15 Eights, 5 Sevens, 2 Sixes; The Average is eight. Paper Mario has 5 Eights, 1 Seven, and 2 Sixes. What does this this say, we can cut the sixes out and it's average will likely be 8 also. Why are people worried that reviewer just aren't inflating scores now.

Scores have just been a Ego marketing number to throw around most of those 9s are payed for now adays. Or are we listening to all those reviews that touted Super Paper Mario as 9.0 to 9.5 when fans of previous Paper Mario's would have clearly put it at 8 or below. Maybe the lower reviewer was a Super Paper Mario fan or on the other end of the spectrum hated SPM and is all Thousand Year-door or bust.

probally both.
or he's one of those people who HATES turn based rpgs because there turn based.

honestly i don't trust reviewers very much. i mean metriod other m was blasted by the fan base yet has a high average score on meta critic.
hell look at nintendogs as well it's no doubt a fun little game,but certainly not 10/10 material.
and i would argue that skyward sword doesn't deserve anything higher then 8.5(i gave it an 8.4)
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY oppinon.
#22SSpectrePosted 11/6/2012 11:16:09 PM
Game has an 82 on Metacritic - "mediocre reviews".

This is why we can't have nice things.
---
People who can't understand non-Euclidean geometry just can't think outside the box.
#23SMASHKING84Posted 11/6/2012 11:23:38 PM
SSpectre posted...
Game has an 82 on Metacritic - "mediocre reviews".

This is why we can't have nice things.

all metacritic does it average the scores out,and i know for a fact only a few main stream reviewers actually count toward the score.

if they took in lesser known reviewers they are less like to bash a game for hits or inflate the score for ad money
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY oppinon.
#24NinjaGamer_23Posted 11/7/2012 1:13:51 AM
The best thng I hear is the game does not hold your hand like in other mario ganmes which is awesome!

Too many modern games play like each other wnats you to hold your hand like say metroid fusion..
#25RandomHeroPosted 11/7/2012 3:59:23 AM
If you weren't happy with the Wii you probably won't be happy with Wii U. cancel everything!

I could list 50+ good Wii games off the top of my head. To say Galaxy and Xenoblade were the only bright spots is foolish. Wii didn't have blockbuster games like PS3, but it has a LOT of neat games of all genres.
---
you're it
#26LordBowserPosted 11/7/2012 5:07:54 AM(edited)
Honestly I didn't expect Paper Mario Sticker Star to get great reviews. I bought the previous Paper Mario games assuming they would be amazing -- for the first two I was right, but Super Paper Mario, well, it was okay at best, at worst... kind of bad.

This made me kind of weary of Paper Mario Sticker Star, simply because it's just Mario by himself with no partners, which seems boring at a glance. Maybe this game will be good and I'm just being stubborn, but apparently I'm right if the reviews are not looking up. *shrugs*

One game doing poorly is a pretty bad way to judge an entire company though, especially when their 'bad' mainstream games are still pretty amazing. Even if I don't buy Paper Mario right away, I'll probably pick it up once the price drops.

But seriously, what the hell does one below average 3DS game have to do with the Wii U? The Wii has had so many amazing games that it's reminding me of the SNES era -- and I LOVED the SNES era. The Wii has had so many amazing games, yet you're judging the entire company based off of one game doing slightly poorly? LOL.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#27The_DjokerPosted 11/7/2012 5:19:25 AM
Paper mario hasn't been good since Thousand year door.
---
http://s16.postimage.org/n9cmvufj7/Kagawa_djoker.png
#28LordBowserPosted 11/7/2012 6:47:37 AM
The_Djoker posted...
Paper mario hasn't been good since Thousand year door.

Sad but true. To be fair there's only been one game since Sticker Star, though.

Nintendo needs to go back to the tried and true game mechanics in TTYD. Or release more Mario & Luigi games. Or if we're really lucky, make a sequel to Super Mario RPG, but that's just dreaming.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#2940DribylfPosted 11/7/2012 7:17:44 AM
Nintendo needs to go back to the tried and true game mechanics in TTYD.

Nah. If you want to play TTYD, then you could just play TTYD.

Nintendo is trying new things that actually changes the dynamics of the game (unlike Zelda and Pokemon, where they only add new features), and that should never be punished, only praised.

Super Paper Mario was an odd addition, but I enjoyed it myself. Sticker Star once again reinvents Paper Mario and I'm honestly really looking forward to playing it.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#30DeathSnipe777Posted 11/7/2012 7:21:32 AM(edited)
If SS plays like TTYD: "lol Mario rehashes didn't bother changing anything Nintendoomed no creativity left"

If SS doesn't play like TTYD: "lol Nintendo has no good ideas anymore should've kept it the same Nintendoomed no creativity left"

Apply to every game and every game company/developer ever.

You can't win.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
PSN: Marlouchu