Shane Satterfield "PS4 is probably going to whoop the Wii U's ass graphically"

#61Rurouni720Posted 11/7/2012 3:45:56 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I want to see how poorly Wii U handles Watchdogs.

Clearly PS3 and 360 are going to have a hell of a time with it too. Clearly a 30 fps 720 for all 3 systems.

Agreed, they should just put it out on the next gen consoles. Same with Starwars 1313

I'm almost embarrassed to have even read these posts. Does wanting to see a console handle something "poorly" matter so much to you?

Honestly Senor...
#62ManuKesnaPosted 11/7/2012 3:47:50 PM
wow the Wii U and the PS3 boards have the most trolls, sad and pathetic for both sides tbh
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#63DarkGam3rPosted 11/7/2012 3:55:40 PM
wingo84 posted...
In other news, scientists discover people need air.

Oh yeah? Let's test that theory.
---
"I'm no hero."
#64PrinceOfHotPosted 11/7/2012 4:03:45 PM
Well it is being released a couple years later, and MSFT and Sony are in a death race with each. Nintendo is always ahead in their market saturation, regardless of the technology.
#65PigfartsPosted 11/7/2012 4:03:47 PM
The gameplay arguement is so stupid its not even funny, you guys act like GTA4 and gran tourism, and halo, and uncharted were lumps of garbage and not fun.

Yes game play should be a factor, and so should graphics. Both wii, xbox and ps3 had/has fun games. The gameplay should be the last thing to argue about since all the systems eventually will have 100's of games for them. of ourse your going to find something you think is fun.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#66Rurouni720Posted 11/7/2012 4:05:56 PM
mistermerk posted...

Clearly PS3 and 360 are going to have a hell of a time with it too. Clearly a 30 fps 720 for all 3 systems.

Agreed, they should just put it out on the next gen consoles. Same with Starwars 1313

I bet Watch Dogs will be on the 720/PS4 and PS3/360/Wii U. I can't wait to see what the NDF says when the 720/PS4/PC versions blow the others out of the water from Day One since they like to pretend generational leaps haven't been obvious from Day One with every single generation (barring the Wii, and, now the Wii U).

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/watch_dogs/news/ubisoft_developing_cross-generational_current_and_next-gen_games.html

And if it turns out that (minus the PC version unless...) the PS4/720 versions are the same thing but upscaled with added lighting, some textures, etc, then how will the other side of the group feel? It's obviously the PS4/720 will jump over the Wii U in power, no one can deny that. But lets not get have our heads in and pretend it will be another full generation leap. I honestly see disappointments possibly happening across the internet globe once we see what the Next Gen systems are like, no matter how you spin it with multipliers. As for the Wii - < Wii U power situation. The difference is that the Wii U is not current gen or an overclocked 360 like the Wii was a GC duck taped together, nor is it a full generation leap. With things like a similar architecture to next gen consoles, 2 GB of ram (1 for games and 1 for OS), a modern GPU, etc.

To note, how much more powerful the PS4/720 will be against the Wii U is up to speculation. But what we do know is that the PS4/720 will be more stronger. However if that rumor about the GTX 680(?) cards hitting the next gen consoles are true then i will feel free to eat my own words and contemplate the gap between the consoles being wider. :)
#67NettoSaitoPosted 11/7/2012 4:26:46 PM
Well the thing is, Square already showed off their next gen engine so.... Pretty safe to assume that it will be a major step up...
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#68evisceratorXPosted 11/7/2012 4:35:13 PM
Did you just hear that? Look, there, in the sky! It's Captain Obvious!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-2dKOfbC9c
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, copy and paste this into your sig.
#69mistermerkPosted 11/7/2012 4:44:37 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
mistermerk posted...

I bet Watch Dogs will be on the 720/PS4 and PS3/360/Wii U. I can't wait to see what the NDF says when the 720/PS4/PC versions blow the others out of the water from Day One since they like to pretend generational leaps haven't been obvious from Day One with every single generation (barring the Wii, and, now the Wii U).

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/watch_dogs/news/ubisoft_developing_cross-generational_current_and_next-gen_games.html

And if it turns out that (minus the PC version unless...) the PS4/720 versions are the same thing but upscaled with added lighting, some textures, etc, then how will the other side of the group feel? It's obviously the PS4/720 will jump over the Wii U in power, no one can deny that. But lets not get have our heads in and pretend it will be another full generation leap. I honestly see disappointments possibly happening across the internet globe once we see what the Next Gen systems are like, no matter how you spin it with multipliers. As for the Wii - < Wii U power situation. The difference is that the Wii U is not current gen or an overclocked 360 like the Wii was a GC duck taped together, nor is it a full generation leap. With things like a similar architecture to next gen consoles, 2 GB of ram (1 for games and 1 for OS), a modern GPU, etc.

To note, how much more powerful the PS4/720 will be against the Wii U is up to speculation. But what we do know is that the PS4/720 will be more stronger. However if that rumor about the GTX 680(?) cards hitting the next gen consoles are true then i will feel free to eat my own words and contemplate the gap between the consoles being wider. :)

Even if the Ps4/720 versions are the same but upscaled, etc. that's STILL more than we can say for ANY of the Wii U versions of the big-time Ps3/360 versions (Mass Effect, COD, AC III...) I am willing to bet the PS4/720 versions will at least match the footage we've already seen.

We know the 720/PS4 dev kits have 12 and up to 16 GB of RAM respectively. Apparently both are shooting for 8 in the retail models. Even if 2GB is reserved for their OSs that's still 6x as much as the Wii U for games. We know the 720 dev kit has a place-holder GPU with over 2.5 TFLOPS and that the PS4 target specs are shooting for "10x" the Ps3 and the ability to display games in 1080p/60fps/ in 3d with "no problem". We know the Wii U's CPU is comparable to, but inferior than, the 360's. The Wii U GPU's exact specifications are unknown but all indications point to it being 1.5 to 2x the 360's (under 600 GFLOPS). We k ow that Square will be showing a new Agnis Philosophy demo on hardware "other than PC" this June.
#70Marcster1994Posted 11/7/2012 4:48:01 PM
Of course it will, anyone with a brain knows that.
---
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440
PSN: Marcster1994