So far, more than 70% voted, "No, I don't plan to buy one anytime soon"

#61sortajanPosted 11/7/2012 6:48:25 PM
Let's put this into perspective.

PS3, 360, Wii, PC. A lot of people play all of them, most people on Gamefaqs refuse to.. if the communities were evenly split (which i know they aren't) there would be 25% between just hte four main gaming devices (not counting any of the others like handhelds and older systems), and the mac).

then there are people who are on the wall waiting to see just what titles are in store for the wii u once it settles in. a lot of people will go for it when they see that. some might not, but it's what a lot of people are waiting for. once predictions and assumptions are assuaged we'll see what it's really, -truly- capable of.

70% not actively planning to buy the wii u is NOT a bad statistic at all. it sounds bad, but when you think about all of the reasons for it, it really isn't bad at all. me, i'm not buying it because i'm not a console gamer. i'm a PC gamer. but i also enjoy logic and reason, and i try to be fair.

the poll wasn't "out of all wii enthusiasts how many will buy the wii u." it was asking all of us.
#62Virtue777Posted 11/7/2012 6:49:22 PM(edited)
ayoye posted...
Wow, I'm more surprised that 30% of buyers are stupid enough to get it day 1 when they can wait a year or 2 and get a newer and more perfected model... :/

Personally, I'll wait at least a year before I start digging information and will only buy the games I want in the meantime.

Nintendo just isn't the same since the gamecube and are not trustworthy in the quality of their hardware and games anymore...

The Nintendo Wii has issues? I've had my console since launch without any problems. Same with 3 of my friends I can think of off the top of my head. I also still have my launch PS3, though the disc drive is starting to go out on that.

Really the only console I've had issues with is the Xbox 360. Been through 4 of those.
#63Damax32Posted 11/7/2012 6:53:05 PM
This is the 2nd time I've seen this type of topic, in every console poll I've ever seen the majority always votes "Won't get one" or whatever, and considering Nintendo has loyal fan support form children and old people, so most people who are buying it soon are fanboys or have the money to spare
---
PSN:Damax2
Enjoy a challenge? http://lbp.me/u/Damax2/levels
#64ChargrilledPosted 11/7/2012 6:53:53 PM
The results are the same for every console poll.

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#65Ruff_PuffPosted 11/7/2012 7:08:16 PM
I think it's because they put flat-out no as the same option for anyone wanting one in the future.

I voted "No I don't plan to buy one anytime soon" because I don't, but I'm not hating on the Wii U because I think it's cool. :D
#66ReedeemerPosted 11/7/2012 7:30:32 PM
The launch system polls are always like that, after all I'm pretty sure the Nintendo fans visiting these boards make up the smallest portion of the community.
---
ZETRO ::: C2: 1163-0063-7578
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#67WostvelyPosted 11/7/2012 7:30:54 PM
Well, I won't get it because I don't have money, but even if I had, I'd wait until March, when Monster Hunter is released.
---
"I find this rain quite pleasant. It feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory..."
#68darkhishamPosted 11/7/2012 7:53:01 PM
This poll was very dumb. There are 4 yes answers and 1 no. Hey poll-maker guy, what about yes in a few years/when it's cheaper/a new model comes in?
---
GT: The Nightdream
PSN/Steam ID: The_Nightdream
#69Teletaz99Posted 11/7/2012 7:56:26 PM
the only game I see Id really want atm is the zombie game, it kinda like the vita for me

there only 1 or 2 games there I want

and that good sir or miss is not a reason to buy a system
---
Current games-Phantasy star online 2/few PSX games
#70Game JesterPosted 11/7/2012 7:59:32 PM
BlueFlameBat posted...
That's kinda harsh. I personally plan on planning to get a Wii U, just not for a while. And not at Wal-Mart; those stores make me sick!

What's so harsh about it? This system will sell out simply because that is what Nintendo does.
The people who come to this site on other hand won't drop money on a system unless there are 2 or so worthwhile games.