How can 720\ps4 beat wii u when ppl think $350 is too much for a console?

#101DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/9/2012 3:20:25 AM
knightimex posted...
you can gloat all you like about your $1,000 PC.

I had to upgrade from a pc worth about $1,000 a few years ago to something that could actually do what the old simply couldn't handle.

It's nice you can make a PC for $1,000 but does that include coupons,close outs, deals, and extreme penny pinching as well?

I'm near certain it does.

Can make a PC for $500 that's still ahead of current projections for "next-gen".
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#102SolisPosted 11/9/2012 4:21:51 AM
knightimex posted...

I had to upgrade from a pc worth about $1,000 a few years ago to something that could actually do what the old simply couldn't handle.

It's nice you can make a PC for $1,000 but does that include coupons,close outs, deals, and extreme penny pinching as well?

Then you absolutely suck at building PCs, or hell, even shopping for them. In fact every post of yours I've seen seems to indicate that you essentially know nothing about PC hardware and are just throwing money at it aimlessly and then assuming everyone must do the same thing. Alright, I'll give you a secret deal on how to get a PC for less than $1000 that's more than capable of playing games at excellent settings and framerates. Are you ready for these super complex instructions that involves close outs and coupons? Alright, here we go...

Go to this link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227441

Man, that was tough! It's like doing freaking trigonometry here! Of course you could probably build something similar yourself for $200-$300 less, but clearly you'd need to be a rocket scientist for that!
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#103DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/9/2012 5:04:11 AM
1: knightimex doesn't actually own a PC. He just pretends to. That's why he doesn't know anything about it.
2: No. iBuyPower is garbage. That's not a bad PC for the price mostly, but before turning it on, I'd have to replace the power supply to not be worried about it starting a fire, at the very least.
---
#104SweepzzPosted 11/9/2012 5:12:37 AM
Spoilers: IT'S GONNA HAPPEN.
---
There's no black and white in the blue.
#105DeathSoul2000Posted 11/9/2012 5:24:48 AM
hmm spybox 720, ps4 made by a company going out of business, or the wii u - such a hard choice.
#106knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 6:23:49 PM(edited)
Solis posted...
knightimex posted...

Then you absolutely suck at building PCs, or hell, even shopping for them. In fact every post of yours I've seen seems to indicate that you essentially know nothing about PC hardware and are just throwing money at it aimlessly and then assuming everyone must do the same thing. Alright, I'll give you a secret deal on how to get a PC for less than $1000 that's more than capable of playing games at excellent settings and framerates. Are you ready for these super complex instructions that involves close outs and coupons? Alright, here we go...

Go to this link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227441

Man, that was tough! It's like doing freaking trigonometry here! Of course you could probably build something similar yourself for $200-$300 less, but clearly you'd need to be a rocket scientist for that!

Maybe I don't mind being a douche, and paying full price for something that's worth it?
As opposed to being a douche, and trying to rip off the makers any way possible.

Buy that statement I assume you would NEVER buy direct from a place like Nvidia.com now would you?

Yea I didn't think so either.
---
Knightime X was a cool guy until he was exposed to GameFAQS radiation. He'll never be the same again!
#107DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 6:36:50 PM(edited)
...?
You don't buy videocards from nVidia.com. They didn't even manufacture boards until the GTX460.
Also, that doesn't explain the price. It's pretty clear you've just been making **** up at this point.

nVidia even links to retailers in their store. They don't sell directly at all, I don't think.
---
#108knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 6:19:50 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
...?
You don't buy videocards from nVidia.com. They didn't even manufacture boards until the GTX460.
Also, that doesn't explain the price. It's pretty clear you've just been making **** up at this point.

nVidia even links to retailers in their store. They don't sell directly at all, I don't think.

You can still go to nvidia and purchase a card.
if they link you else where is something I can't confirm.

It's not like Nvidia's all like.
"Want to buy our stuff? Cool!!!!! But F-U! Go by our stuff from someone else!!"
---
Knightime X was a cool guy until he was exposed to GameFAQS radiation. He'll never be the same again!