Why do people constantly brag that their PCs are more pwerful than WiiU/PS3/720?

#1NoNeedF0RaNamePosted 11/8/2012 7:09:45 AM
Every time there is a topic that discusses the power of the upcoming generation of home consoles, there is always a few people who come in and brag that their PC is more powerful than all of them. Look, I don't care if your PC is powerful enough to run an entire country, you will never be able to play Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Kirby, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet, etc on said PC. So if you care about these franchises at all, you will still have to invest in home consoles. If you dont care about them, then why are you on this board? Obviously I didn't include Microsoft exclusives because those always end up on PC.
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#2Rasputin77Posted 11/8/2012 7:13:09 AM
Insecurity, TC. I have a beast PC, that I've mentioned a whopping two times on this site, including this sentence. But it's not a factor to me when I'm on this board (or the PS3 board, or the 3DS board...), so I don't bring it up.
---
Best POTD EVER: "I live with my parents" = 52.03%
"Let's talk about the trolls way more than they actually post." - Wii U board logic
#3dennis941012Posted 11/8/2012 7:13:33 AM
people doesn't "brag" about pc being more powerful
it is common sense >_>
most people argue that PC = most cost effective and powerful
when people yelp about how powerful 720 or PS4 will be
besides its not like MS or Sony makes more then 3-4 exclusive games worth the console purchase if you own the PC
thats why I get nintendo + PC :P
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
My favorite person on the board--->http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#4shampoowarriorPosted 11/8/2012 7:14:23 AM(edited)
Well, if you took the time investment to read a little more carefully, you would probably notice posts like those usually come out after someone tries to bash X console and brag about how much more powerful Y console is.

The point they're making is PC > All, power-wise. If people want to brag about their favorite console, power is a poor weapon choice.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#5blazeUP12Posted 11/8/2012 7:13:55 AM
To appease their elitist egos
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#6Rasputin77Posted 11/8/2012 7:16:08 AM(edited)
Well, if you took the time investment (TO / AND) read a little more carefully...

Right after you take the time investment to proofread a little more carefully. ;)

EDIT - Aww, you beat me to it!
---
Best POTD EVER: "I live with my parents" = 52.03%
"Let's talk about the trolls way more than they actually post." - Wii U board logic
#7cavebear56Posted 11/8/2012 7:15:27 AM
shampoowarrior posted...
Well, if you took the time investment to read a little more carefully, you would probably notice posts like those usually come out after someone tries to bash X console and brag about how much more powerful Y console is.

The point they're making is PC > All, power-wise. If people want to brag about their favorite console, power is a poor weapon choice.

This.

A little bit of reading rather than shutting down as soon as you see the word PC and then a little, just a small amount of common sense, and you'll see the connections.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#8NoNeedF0RaName(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 7:26:57 AM
cavebear56 posted...
shampoowarrior posted...

This.

A little bit of reading rather than shutting down as soon as you see the word PC and then a little, just a small amount of common sense, and you'll see the connections.

Common sense? When discussing the power or anything else between home consoles, the PC really has no place. Everybody knows a PC can be way more powerful than any home console and that will never change. It's like having a discussion about Honda vs Toyota and somebody comes in and says their Porsche blows both of them out of the water.No kidding it does! That contributes nothing to the conversation.
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#9knightimexPosted 11/8/2012 7:35:13 AM
My PC is really bad ass.

But I'm not going to sit here, and attack the wii u every single chance I get.
Using PC downgrades other console mentions.

Super Effective attack is super effective.
---
With PC, Next generation gaming is always today.
Not 5 to 8 years from now.
#10_Yag_Posted 11/8/2012 7:36:30 AM
obviously PC gamers are better than console gamers, and any time console gamers mention graphical capabilities of their console they need to be reminded of just how pathetic they really are when compared to the PC master race.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P