Why do people constantly brag that their PCs are more pwerful than WiiU/PS3/720?

#11blankempathyPosted 11/8/2012 8:48:28 AM
Funny enough you can play some of those franchises you mention and also have them look better. Anyways its because most of the ps4/720 topics are always about "herp derp wii u sucks these two will beat them in the future" when pc gamers sit there and laugh because you guys are fighting over whos going to come in second place.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#12NoNeedF0RaName(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 8:56:14 AM
blankempathy posted...
Funny enough you can play some of those franchises you mention and also have them look better. Anyways its because most of the ps4/720 topics are always about "herp derp wii u sucks these two will beat them in the future" when pc gamers sit there and laugh because you guys are fighting over whos going to come in second place.

Well thank you for putting us in our place, PC gamers. The world is now a better place.

I mean, I can see if somebody idiotically posted that the new generation would rival the high end PCs, then it makes sense to argue that your PC is all powerful. But if nobody is comparing them to PCs, then why the need to bring it into the conversation?
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#13cavebear56Posted 11/8/2012 8:57:15 AM
blankempathy posted...

Exactly.

Give it up though, TC made this topic because they assumed I was bragging (had I been I would've posted specs) and apparently was so sensitive over someone (I wasn't even saying his post was wrong, in fact I said I that I agree with you) commenting on his post.

Once again let me state, a little common sense, actually read what was posted and here let me add a new one to help you along, try to keep things within context TC and you'll understand why PC is brought up.

That is unless you just want to fabricate a scenario in a vacuum be excluding options and competition to do nothing more than fuel fanboy wars.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#14meiyukiPosted 11/8/2012 9:01:02 AM
NoNeedF0RaName posted...

Common sense? When discussing the power or anything else between home consoles, the PC really has no place. Everybody knows a PC can be way more powerful than any home console and that will never change. It's like having a discussion about Honda vs Toyota and somebody comes in and says their Porsche blows both of them out of the water.No kidding it does! That contributes nothing to the conversation.

You're missing the point, again it comes up because people want to act like power is everything. They bash nintendo constantly over the wii, ds, 3ds, wii U solely based on power, and nothing but power. Well if power is all someone cares about why are they buying a console. It's a selective argument, power is everything when nintendo is weaker than the competition, but suddenly when it comes to how ridiculously weak the ps3 is compared to a pc(and considering how expensive the ps3 was it was awful close to pc prices) suddenly power doesn't matter. Furthermore current pc's are probably equal to, or maybe even more powerful than the ps4 will be.

It's stupid, "zomg the next gen will be so amazing graphics wise" pc's can already do it. And btw the pc can play many of the games on ps3 and 360 with MUCH improved graphics for a few hundred dollars so it very much does belong in the discussion when the only thing people are talking about is power.
#15NoNeedF0RaName(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 9:04:00 AM
cavebear56 posted...
blankempathy posted...

Exactly.

Give it up though, TC made this topic because they assumed I was bragging (had I been I would've posted specs) and apparently was so sensitive over someone (I wasn't even saying his post was wrong, in fact I said I that I agree with you) commenting on his post.

Once again let me state, a little common sense, actually read what was posted and here let me add a new one to help you along, try to keep things within context TC and you'll understand why PC is brought up.

That is unless you just want to fabricate a scenario in a vacuum be excluding options and competition to do nothing more than fuel fanboy wars.

Don't flatter yourself. This topic was not made because of anything you did or said. I made this topic because of all the times I have seen PC gamers brag no just today, but throughout the years. If you are a fan of "keeping things in context", then PC doesn't need to be brought up in a conversation about WiiU, PS4, and 720.
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#16darkjedilinkPosted 11/8/2012 9:04:53 AM
_Yag_ posted...
obviously PC gamers are better than console gamers, and any time console gamers mention graphical capabilities of their console they need to be reminded of just how pathetic they really are when compared to the PC master race.

I know you're being sarcastic, but you're actually pretty close to the mark. Every time console gamers mention graphical capabilities of their consoles in relation to other gaming machines, trying to point out that their machine is superior, they need to be reminded of how pathetic that is - they're arguing over who has the fastest VW Beetle in a race against a Corvette ZR-1.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#17MasterPokerPosted 11/8/2012 9:18:40 AM
PC will never be a home to true competitive (real-time) gameplay due to a complete disregard for parity. Every machine runs a game differently, at different performance benchmarks, and this affects how well people perform against each other. Except for the really high-end models that most households don't have, and even then you can get compatibility issues.

With a console, you know your opponents are playing the same game at the same performance levels you are. Granted, this insistence on using third-party communication like Skype or Vent by "competitive" groups is making it harder to have truly fair play, but its the best that exists currently.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Currently ranked 6th: Xuande
#181shadetail1Posted 11/8/2012 9:23:58 AM
People brag that their PCs are stronger because they are. And that's the reason why console gamers are stupid to have dick-measuring contests about which console is stronger. In console gaming, power doesn't matter, because the power is so limited regardless of the platform. What matters is creativity and fun.
#19DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/8/2012 9:31:13 AM
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
blankempathy posted...

Well thank you for putting us in our place, PC gamers. The world is now a better place.

I mean, I can see if somebody idiotically posted that the new generation would rival the high end PCs, then it makes sense to argue that your PC is all powerful. But if nobody is comparing them to PCs, then why the need to bring it into the conversation?

Why bring up another platform on the Wii U boards at all?
It's really no different. If mentioning the PC is relevant to the discussion, there's no reason not to. Certainly not just so some Console Peasant can feel better about their Peasant machine.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#20Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/8/2012 9:32:43 AM
If you were constantly spending money to upgrade your PC, only to miss out on many of the generations best games you would brag about the power all the time too.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif