Why do people constantly brag that their PCs are more pwerful than WiiU/PS3/720?

#21DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/8/2012 9:38:00 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
If you were constantly spending money to upgrade your PC, only to miss out on many of the generations best games you would brag about the power all the time too.

If you were constantly spending money to replace your console, only to miss out on many of the generations best games you would whine about people that know better too.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#22shampoowarriorPosted 11/8/2012 9:38:41 AM
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
Common sense? When discussing the power or anything else between home consoles, the PC really has no place. Everybody knows a PC can be way more powerful than any home console and that will never change. It's like having a discussion about Honda vs Toyota and somebody comes in and says their Porsche blows both of them out of the water.No kidding it does! That contributes nothing to the conversation.

There's your mistake. Discussion.
If someone were to pop in and brag about their PC in a conversation where people are merely discussing system specs then, yes, that would be annoying.

For my part, that's not where I usually see PC's get brought up.
I'll give a quick hypothetical.

Wii U spec leak flopic!
Poster A: Gigaflops!
Poster B: Pff, my 8 year old PC is better than that.
Poster C: lololol, PS4 is going to blow that out of the water! Wii U is last gen!
Poster D: My PC is already better than the PS4...

Poster B is obnoxious per the OP. Agreed.
Poster D is just putting poster C in his place for bringing up a power argument.

I see more Poster D's than Poster B's. YMMV
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#23Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/8/2012 9:41:16 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
If you were constantly spending money to upgrade your PC, only to miss out on many of the generations best games you would brag about the power all the time too.

If you were constantly spending money to replace your console, only to miss out on many of the generations best games you would whine about people that know better too.

Who constantly replaces consoles? I haven't bought one since 06... And apart from scalping my wii u, I don't plan on buying a new one until 2014 at the earliest.

I bet you have paid for a lot of computer parts since then.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#24DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/8/2012 9:45:42 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Who constantly replaces consoles? I haven't bought one since 06... And apart from scalping my wii u, I don't plan on buying a new one until 2014 at the earliest.

Actually, if I hadn't burnt out my mid-range 2006 computer with some novice mistake, I'd still be using that. And now I'm set for the rest of the next console generation.
On the other hand, you Console Peasants are forced to buy a new machine every "generation" just to get more games. Not to mention, full replacement cost if it breaks. Talk about expensive!
---
#25Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/8/2012 9:49:39 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Actually, if I hadn't burnt out my mid-range 2006 computer with some novice mistake, I'd still be using that. And now I'm set for the rest of the next console generation.
On the other hand, you Console Peasants are forced to buy a new machine every "generation" just to get more games. Not to mention, full replacement cost if it breaks. Talk about expensive!

Umm you have to pay replacement costs if your PC breaks too. And we don't have to pay anything if under warranty.

It does kind of suck that you ruined your mid range 06 computer though. It would have been great for you to still be strutting along with an outdated crappy PC to play the 3 strategy games, and 2 RPGs that console gamers don't get to play at full settings.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#26shaunmePosted 11/8/2012 9:54:05 AM
knightimex posted...
My PC is really bad ass.

But I'm not going to sit here, and attack the wii u every single chance I get.
Using PC downgrades other console mentions.

Super Effective attack is super effective.

You dont own 1
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //
#27DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/8/2012 9:54:29 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Umm you have to pay replacement costs if your PC breaks too. And we don't have to pay anything if under warranty.

It does kind of suck that you ruined your mid range 06 computer though. It would have been great for you to still be strutting along with an outdated crappy PC to play the 3 strategy games, and 2 RPGs that console gamers don't get to play at full settings.

I don't have to pay anything if under warranty, and my warranty coverage is better.
Even when not under warranty(even though I get a longer, better warranty), I get to replace the broken component instead of having to buy a whole new console at full price.
Even that old 2006 PC could outpace consoles.
---
#28Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/8/2012 9:56:31 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

I don't have to pay anything if under warranty, and my warranty coverage is better.
Even when not under warranty(even though I get a longer, better warranty), I get to replace the broken component instead of having to buy a whole new console at full price.

It can outpace consoles and play those 5 games a generation that aren't on consoles that anybody cares about, or cant play with their old laptop.
---
#29jmichaelbpPosted 11/8/2012 9:56:48 AM
shaunme posted...
knightimex posted...
My PC is really bad ass.

But I'm not going to sit here, and attack the wii u every single chance I get.
Using PC downgrades other console mentions.

Super Effective attack is super effective.

You dont own 1

How about you prove you own yours :)?
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#30DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/8/2012 9:59:42 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

It can outpace consoles and play those 5 games a generation that aren't on consoles that anybody cares about, or cant play with their old laptop.

And play console games with more freedom and better controls. y so bitter?
---