Why do people constantly brag that their PCs are more pwerful than WiiU/PS3/720?

#211shaunmePosted 11/10/2012 4:30:13 AM
STE573 posted...
I almost sunk 1800 into a rig earlier this year... I decided not to after playing a friends rig, I just don't want my leisure time to be spent around a PC when I work with them all week. For me, consoles curbstomp PCs just because I can have fun and detach from work.

Also I don't know why this is worth mentioning, but I have used a 45,000 PC... And it can't even run most modern games, it does have 90GB of RAM though, which I know means nothing.

thats what a hdmi lead is for , pc through tv= heaven .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //
#212DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 5:10:30 AM
STE573 posted...
I almost sunk 1800 into a rig earlier this year... I decided not to after playing a friends rig, I just don't want my leisure time to be spent around a PC when I work with them all week. For me, consoles curbstomp PCs just because I can have fun and detach from work.

Also I don't know why this is worth mentioning, but I have used a 45,000 PC... And it can't even run most modern games, it does have 90GB of RAM though, which I know means nothing.

Um... 8x8GB is 64GB...
If you're going to lie, at least don't be blatant about it. :/
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#213_Candice_Posted 11/10/2012 5:48:00 AM
JKatarn posted...
OK, you have no idea what you are talking about - I couldn't run Crysis on high on my 8800GTX at 60FPS with a core 2 quad, so there is no way in heck that you were getting that framerate on a 4670 with an Athlon processor, unless perhaps you're playing at 320x240 resolution. Pulling framerates/prices out of your a** doesn't really help your case.

My monitor was 1024x768 at the time. I had the 1GB model OCed. And pulling unfounded nonsense about how consoles perform better than PCs doesnt help your case. Could you even provide benchmarks for your consoles? Nope.

DesperateMonkey posted...
Wow. Someone please give this kid a helmet. You really shouldn't lie as the basis of your argument.

The rest of your arguments are a joke. Local co-op is unnecessary because PCs are meant to be used ALONE? No, PCs are used alone because it does not facilitate multi user experiences, genius.

Like I said, Its meant to be used by one person.

Gotta love Gamefaqs. People will say essentially the same things as you and still find ways to disagree with you.

Secondly, why do I include the cost of peripherals? Because those peripherals COME WITH THE CONSOLE. Your argument about TVs and speakers is idiotic no matter how you look at it because both consoles and PCs these days use the SAME THINGS. I have 3 HDTVs and not one of them can't be used for consoles and PCs. The only monitors I've had were 3D monitors and thats because 3DTVs don't support PC gaming very well. Otherwise, I really have no use for monitors anymore.

I think everyone understands how desperate you are by now. When you buy your console it does not come with speakers, a TV, dvd/blu ray remotes, charge kits. THOSE are peripherals. Just the console, cables and a single controller. It does not come with peripherals like the example PC doesnt. Theyre equally comparable.

Btw, even my laptop, G74SX A1, is way better than your POS PC and it definitely cannot run Crysis on high with 60 frames. That GPU is complete trash. An Xbox 360 pro in 2009, cost $250 and that was including a wireless controller and wireless support out of the box. Wtf would I want your POS PC over an xbox? Eats up more power, more room, is probably as ugly as **** considering your budget and gets me a little bit more power for a lot more money and a lot more work.

>Gaming on a laptop

Joke Account?

And no, until the XBox slims came out Wifi was NOT built in. This was not included in the arcade premium and elites. So you still have to pony up 60 dollars for an adapter and Im being generous here because (A) thats its current price, not launch and (B) you still have to pay an invisible middleman to use XBox live.

Sorry, lies and confirmation bias dont make consoles better.
#214MicroOmegaManPosted 11/10/2012 6:37:26 AM
They would like to feel good about their money spent.

Pretty natural. Some people are unreasonable about it, though.
---
If I never reward you with attention, I may see you as a troll.
Buy these: Liberation Maiden, Ace Mathician, Xenoblade, Solatarobo (sequel incoming, get hype)
#215Logical_OnePosted 11/10/2012 8:06:31 AM
You do realize that even a MID-level gaming PC can run ANY game on PS3/360/WiiU game quite well, right?

People keep saying PC's are expensive but fail to realize that consoles tend to offer low-quality HD graphics. Most PS3/360 games are run at 720--so when someone says their gaming PC is a beast that can run games better than the current consoles that isn't saying much...
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#216DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/10/2012 9:02:03 AM
@Candice

You seriously don't know anything. First of all, my original Wi Fi adapter for the 360 was a $25 USB one when the MS one was $100. Secondly, PCs don't have to be used alone at all, please buy some arcade games or non-split screen multi games like Trine.

This is pure ignorance.

Secondly, neither of these units come with TVs and speakers, the Wii U however, does come with charging tablet controller, stand and cables, which your PC did not.

Lastly, if Laptop gaming is a joke then what are you since your PC is a joke to my laptop?

You really don't have a clue and still insist on lying about your PCs performance and saying my laptop sucks even though its better than your PC.

And please don't even bother using my status on this board, trying to beg people to actually support your pathetic argument. Please don't brag about your garbage PC to us anymore.

Here is a comparison of something almost equivalent to my GPU vs your GPU.

http://www.hwcompare.com/7671/geforce-gts-450-vs-radeon-hd-4670-1gb/

@DarkZV

So the E6760 performs at the same rate as whatever the Phenom II 965 comes with? Thats seriously hard to comprehend. Quite disappointing. Got any performance benchmarks for these two by any chance? And does this mean I can play AC3 on 720p in low settings to mid settings at 60 frames on it?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#217FoppePosted 11/10/2012 9:31:48 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
STE573 posted...

Um... 8x8GB is 64GB...

It exist 32GB RAM modules to buy, and it exist servers with 2TB RAM.
Now 90 seems like a odd number, but it's still possible to get it.
32+32+16+8+2.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#218_Candice_Posted 11/10/2012 10:38:12 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Wall of text

Tl;dr
#219DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 10:42:58 AM
Foppe posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
STE573 posted...

Um... 8x8GB is 64GB...

It exist 32GB RAM modules to buy, and it exist servers with 2TB RAM.
Now 90 seems like a odd number, but it's still possible to get it.
32+32+16+8+2.

For several thousand dollars.
Also, unless he was running a server, the max supported memory is normally 32GB. sometimes 64GB for high end boards.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#220excitebike64Posted 11/10/2012 10:44:37 AM
The day one can legally play Nintendo games on a PC (current games at that) then PC gamers may have something to talk about.

After that, they have little to say.