Why do people constantly brag that their PCs are more pwerful than WiiU/PS3/720?

#231ZimbabweBobPosted 11/10/2012 2:09:50 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
It's not illegal to copy the data off a DVD actually. You have a right to make a backup.
It is illegal to download any copyright data, though, and most people don't have the equipment to dump their own bios.

It is not a DVD, even though that is the basis of it's storage technology. It is a video game, and as such does fall under that very loose interpretation of the statute. Is it legal to copy Xbox and Playstation games to your PC as well?
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
#232DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 2:14:22 PM
Yes, actually. It's legal to copy the data off of a cartridge, too. Or a cassette tape. Or a CD, or a BluRay.
It is legal to make digital backups of data.
Sharing those digital backups, however, is not.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#233darkjedilinkPosted 11/10/2012 2:19:36 PM
excitebike64 posted...
You find me a real source that clearly states how that is legal and then we can talk about that in more detail.

There is no way that is legal.

Nintendo themselves cite the legality of a single backup copy. DMCA, as draconian as it is, cites the legality of a single backup copy. Nintendo themselves cite the fact that emulators are legal (since Nintendo uses them for VC titles).

What's illegal is downloading ROMS from the internet, or hacking the Wii to make copies of Wii or GameCube games.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#234STE573Posted 11/10/2012 7:02:16 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...

96 is closer to 100.
And isn't that a cloud rather than a single machine?

Either way, it's not a gaming machine. It's not built for it. You could spend $78,000,000,000 on a PC and have it not be able to run Quake or Doom.

Thats why I said abbreviate instead of round up...

It's a single unit, but the RAM is handled like a cloud, because each RAM unit can be assigned seperate tasks, but it's still housed in one case.

Yeah it isn't designed to run games at all, it's to debug basic software and run incredibly high resolution real time models for architecture presentations...
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Far Cry 2 (360), Kingdoms of Amalur (360), Pokemon Red (GBA), Pokemon Blue (GBA)
#235DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 2:27:19 AM
STE573 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

96 is closer to 100.
And isn't that a cloud rather than a single machine?

Either way, it's not a gaming machine. It's not built for it. You could spend $78,000,000,000 on a PC and have it not be able to run Quake or Doom.

Thats why I said abbreviate instead of round up...

It's a single unit, but the RAM is handled like a cloud, because each RAM unit can be assigned seperate tasks, but it's still housed in one case.

Yeah it isn't designed to run games at all, it's to debug basic software and run incredibly high resolution real time models for architecture presentations...

Yeah, no, that's not a single unit. RAM doesn't perform tasks. That's a little cloud.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#236excitebike64Posted 11/12/2012 7:52:20 AM
darkjedilink posted...
excitebike64 posted...
You find me a real source that clearly states how that is legal and then we can talk about that in more detail.

There is no way that is legal.

Nintendo themselves cite the legality of a single backup copy. DMCA, as draconian as it is, cites the legality of a single backup copy. Nintendo themselves cite the fact that emulators are legal (since Nintendo uses them for VC titles).

What's illegal is downloading ROMS from the internet, or hacking the Wii to make copies of Wii or GameCube games.

Then show me a source. Of course Nintendo would think THEY can emulate their own consoles, or with permission from other companies. But I seriously doubt they enjoy PCs playing their games NOT on their hardware. Not semi-current games at least.

Owning a back-up to play on a Gamecube is different than playing a back-up on a PC.
#237DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/13/2012 6:46:12 PM
@DarkZVBeta

You still haven't gotten back to me on the performance comparison of your rig's onboard GPU to that of the E6760. Is the E6760 really that weak?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H