Why do people constantly brag that their PCs are more pwerful than WiiU/PS3/720?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why do people constantly brag that their PCs are more pwerful than WiiU/PS3/720?
3 years ago#51
I have to say I don't know what you're referring to. I have an amazing computer that altogether has cost me about $1500, And I don't brag about it. I do think it's important to note how dated the technology is for consoles, and when people brag about graphics on consoles it doesn't really have any grounds. If I showed you what games look like on my PC I am certain that you would Be beside yourself.

However, in the grand scheme of things diminishing returns have become really strong and much more powerful hardware does not necessarily mean much better graphics. I personally have no issues with the graphics on PS3 and Xbox 360 although the 30 frames per second is agonizing to me. I think that we you will strike a very nice balance of graphical quality, frame rate, and technology that makes gaming fun.

This is all written using voice to text so if there are any grammatical errors I'm sorry.
---
www.gamerevolution.com
3 years ago#52
I enjoyed SCII, and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are real gems.
Not that you would know.

Oh yeah I wouldn't know. You sure named some obscure games there.

If thats the best PC gaming has to offer no wonder everybody pirates the games and developers avoid it like the plague. The PC is the PSP to the home consoles DS.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
3 years ago#53
BluntGrunt posted...
Because PC trolls are PC trolls. They always have to brag how awesome their PCs are and how superior to the consoles they are. Yes, it's true, but seriously, you don't have to say it a million times a day and in every topic that has to do with discussing any console's specifics/power/etc. That's just stupid.

When it comes to this board it's mainly only ever brought up because of all the trolls talking about power, power, power. It just demonstrates their hypocrisy, to them power only matters until you get to a ps3, then power stops mattering.
3 years ago#54
DarkZV2Beta posted...
With how cheap modern consoles are made? And how overpriced they are?

Modern PCs are just as bad in terms of reliability as the first editions of any console, and they're also susceptible to things like compatibility issues, viruses, bloatware, etc. Electronics in general are much less reliable than they used to be. Nintendo is the only company who still guarantees hardware reliability.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
3 years ago#55
NoNeedF0RaName posted...
blankempathy posted...
Funny enough you can play some of those franchises you mention and also have them look better. Anyways its because most of the ps4/720 topics are always about "herp derp wii u sucks these two will beat them in the future" when pc gamers sit there and laugh because you guys are fighting over whos going to come in second place.

Well thank you for putting us in our place, PC gamers. The world is now a better place.

I mean, I can see if somebody idiotically posted that the new generation would rival the high end PCs, then it makes sense to argue that your PC is all powerful. But if nobody is comparing them to PCs, then why the need to bring it into the conversation?

Except that a lot of us pc gamers are console gamers as well. The point is that people are always comparing graphics of one console to the next and to pc gamers that doesn't matter. Myself I own all 3 consoles and have enjoyed games even if they don't look as good as pc games. Console gamers seem to be the ones who care more about graphics then PC gamers.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
3 years ago#56
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
I enjoyed SCII, and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are real gems.
Not that you would know.

Oh yeah I wouldn't know. You sure named some obscure games there.

If thats the best PC gaming has to offer no wonder everybody pirates the games and developers avoid it like the plague. The PC is the PSP to the consoles DS.

I guess they wouldn't be much fun for the unwashed Peasants. Too much thinking involved.

Terotrous posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Modern PCs are just as bad in terms of reliability as the first editions of any console, and they're also susceptible to things like compatibility issues, viruses, bloatware, etc. Electronics in general are much less reliable than they used to be. Nintendo is the only company who still guarantees hardware reliability.

Are you pretending to know anything because you bought a cheapo timebomb overpriced prebuilt thing?
Stop using Rosewill.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
3 years ago#57
Terotrous posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Oh please. Unless you build your pc like an idiot or download everything and infect it with viruses malware etc pcs are very reliable. Just have common sense.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/13/ventblockers/
Look at the abuse pcs can take and still function.
---
3 years ago#58
I guess they wouldn't be much fun for the unwashed Peasants. Too much thinking involved.

Yes the intense thinking it takes to beat a bunch of 12 year old South Koreans in Starcraft is too much for console gamers, who have more than 2 exclusives to play.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
3 years ago#59
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Yes the intense thinking it takes to beat a bunch of 12 year old South Koreans in Starcraft is too much for console gamers, who have more than 2 exclusives to play.

So easily baited. Also 2 exclusives? Pc platform has the most exclusives this year and pretty much every year.
---
3 years ago#60
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Oh, I just listed a couple from my own recent use.
But then, I have games worth playing more than onece.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why do people constantly brag that their PCs are more pwerful than WiiU/PS3/720?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived