Wii U not backwards compatible out of the box. Needs day one update

#21IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/8/2012 4:19:01 PM
Man, love how the fanboys used to harp on day one patches for games saying that not everyone has internet, but now that it's nintendo with a day one patch it's okay.
#22vidalmorazaPosted 11/8/2012 4:22:18 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Man, love how the fanboys used to harp on day one patches for games saying that not everyone has internet, but now that it's nintendo with a day one patch it's okay.

To be fair, is for playing Wii games in the Wii U, is not like you are not gonna be able to play Wii U games without it, some PS3/Xbox games are unplayable without the patches...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#23DeathSoul2000Posted 11/8/2012 4:29:43 PM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
libatako posted...
Gonna suck ass for people in 3rd world countries....

If you live in a 3rd world country, you probably aren't wasting your money on video games.

well they probably don't even have electricity in those countries so thats even less reason to buy them.
#24flipzasPosted 11/8/2012 4:31:38 PM
I just hope Nintendo's servers don't get overloaded causing slower downloads and possibly error codes all over the place with 30 topics on gamefaqs about the update.
#25MelkacPosted 11/8/2012 4:32:46 PM
Linetrix posted...
Melkac posted...
libatako posted...
Gonna suck ass for people in 3rd world countries....

Why do americans love to use that word so much?

"Third world countries" are 3 words.

Now, if you're stupid enough to point that out...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhMT138BHo&feature=g-vrec
#26Sylar100Posted 11/8/2012 4:33:34 PM
This is pretty dumb, wonder why its like this
#27godplaysSNESPosted 11/8/2012 4:34:48 PM
Most probably has a connection to use, but Nintendo makes it a bit more bothersome by requiring an adapter if you want to use Ethernet
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#28IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/8/2012 4:43:37 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

To be fair, is for playing Wii games in the Wii U, is not like you are not gonna be able to play Wii U games without it, some PS3/Xbox games are unplayable without the patches...

The day one patch adds more than just Wii BC.
#29turtleman64Posted 11/8/2012 4:46:21 PM
>Required day 1 update for newest system on the market
>"Sucks for people in 3rd world countries who can't update said system"

Head asplode
#30The_OllynatorPosted 11/8/2012 4:52:04 PM(edited)
If anybody doesn't have internet in this day and age, they're SOL.

I have solid internet while at school, but at home we cannot get anything better than 27k dial-up. Thankfully I am at school for the time being, but the tone in which you present your argument suggests that not having high-speed internet is somehow the fault of the homeowner. Yet, much of the time, that isn't the case - it's literally impossible. And unlike the 3DS, the WiiU isn't exactly designed to be carried into town to steal some free WiFi from somewhere like a coffee shop or restaurant.

Now to address the news more directly - I think this is very unfortunate, but I can't exactly be mad at Nintendo. They've provided us the ability to do this, we all should have known there would be certain requirements and hurdles that would leave some group of people with challenges.
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false." ~ Stephen Colbert
3DS FC: 3308-4568-6063 (Olly)